View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The Badness of Blaine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I understand what you're saying. This is precisely the reason a lot of people and magicians alike don't like Blaine. Because he tries to make his audience/viewers believe that he has accomplished his stunts on his own when in fact he has not. But then all magicians don't accomplish tricks on their own either, they need a gimmick or a sleight or a secret to accomplish it. Like I said, Blaine is no different, he just took it to another level.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:11 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Yeah, exactly. In movies, the people NEVER claim they do their own stunts. And if they do claim they do their stunts, I would expect them to do it. A STUNT is different from a magic trick. David called it a stunt, so david should of made it a stunt and did it. But when you use doubles its not a stunt anymore, its a ellusion/magic trick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:54 am 
Penguin

Of course he faked the the ice block. It was on a special I think antitles Street Magic Exposed. They showed virtually everyone of his tricks. Think about it standing in a block of ice for 2.4 days no food, no bathroom, no sleep. PLEASE. If anyone really thinks he did that then I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

I don't know if he did it or not for real, but if you compare the way it was exposed to the way it was presented by DB there are many differences. His platform was on wheels a few inches off the ground. Theres no way they cut an elaborate hole into NYC for this trick. He wasn't on any platform to slip into, he was on the ground. He couldn't have slipped down at any time. As for him freezing, it's not even cold inside of an ice block. It's a great insulator and that part about him being cold was acted. Standing up is kinda hard I'll admit, but anyone can accomplish it with practice. Personally, I think his stunts are real. The exposers perform them with slight changes of details so they can explain it, while if you look at DB's way of doing it it's impossible to explain other than that he actually did it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:45 pm 
Penguin

I'll be sending you the info on the Nebraska property soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
how much is the rent?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:24 pm 
Penguin

ur a [edited] [edited] that doesnt know what the edited ur talking abot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:14 am 
Penguin

I don't know which post you are referring to, however if your spelling is any indication, I think we have found the mentally handicapped person.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:40 pm 
Penguin

Yo! Loren_5000, calm down! You really don't need to say that stuff. If you want to be all immature (probably spelled that wrong), then go find another website. You can express your opinion, and that's fine, but let's try to be as clean as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

abot? ur? I dont think you should be calling ANYONE [edited].