View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:38 am 
born to perform.

get a deck shell, you can do a deck switch practically right in front of them and they wont notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:39 pm 
Penguin

Right After the trick, While he is saying that put the cards in your pocket, and when he askes to see them, grab the normal deck from your pocket and give them to him and tell him to do the trick then.

Post subject: two things about the invisible deck
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:28 am 
born to perform.

I have 2 more things to say really, first, a deck switch isnt going to do anything but piss people off, heres why, first if someone asks to see the deck and you put it in your pocket for a second, they know what you've done and you're probably going to insult them for thinking you can get away with it. The other problem is that when you're done with an invisible deck the named card is put back in reversed into the deck so you're set for your next performance, if you do a switch, the deck you switch in will not have their card reversed in the deck.

I use a regular deck for an invisible deck routine, its worth learning, if you dont want to learn it there is a subtle thing you can do with an invisible deck. when you have the card named and when the cards are shown to have one reversed, square up the packet on the right of the reversed card and when you show the face of the reversed card you should still be holding the squared right half of the deck, if you're doing this right, people will think they have seen the fronts and the backs of the cards, its a subtle thing and will help. By the way I tried not to expose anything with that explantion if I have I'll be more then happy to remove it.

Post subject: Re: different routine
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

magicdude84 wrote:
I do an invisible deck routine on and off. I do however use a non gimmick deck for the routine, not deck switches and fully examinable. There are several versions in print all require slieght of hand, the one I use requires a cull, half pass and a mem deck

Could you name some resources for this? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:04 pm 

Michael Close has a really good routine that uses a memorized pack.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:04 am 
born to perform.

Renegade wrote:
magicdude84 wrote:
I do an invisible deck routine on and off. I do however use a non gimmick deck for the routine, not deck switches and fully examinable. There are several versions in print all require slieght of hand, the one I use requires a cull, half pass and a mem deck

I do use Mike Close's handling, I forget which workers book it was printed in and am too lazy to go look it up right now. The orignal Worker books are out of print. Close has recently reprinted the whole series and are now availible through his website www.michaelclose.com some people will be hesitant about the price but believe me, its a steal. He also taught the effect on the very very close video volume one. Its now on dvd although I dont know which volume has that paticular effect. I believe the DVD was released under the name Ultimate Workers Series DVD or something like that. And thats avaible through www.llpub.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:00 am 
Penguin

DOes anyone else use a different pattern to the card other than the way it is when you get it. (besides giving it a few cuts) any new patters you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:00 am 
born to perform.

evilspaz wrote:
DOes anyone else use a different pattern to the card other than the way it is when you get it. (besides giving it a few cuts) any new patters you use?

Don alan used to arrange the cards so he could find the card he needed without having to pay too much attention to the deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:07 am 
Penguin

say oh sure stick the deck in ur pocket and pull out a the invisible deck
then they say NO the real one pull out a different deck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:20 am 
born to perform.

magicdude84 wrote:
Renegade wrote:
magicdude84 wrote:

I do use Mike Close's handling, I forget which workers book it was printed in and am too lazy to go look it up right now. The orignal Worker books are out of print. Close has recently reprinted the whole series and are now availible through his website www.michaelclose.com some people will be hesitant about the price but believe me, its a steal. He also taught the effect on the very very close video volume one. Its now on dvd although I dont know which volume has that paticular effect. I believe the DVD was released under the name Ultimate Workers Series DVD or something like that. And thats avaible through www.llpub.com

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:27 pm 
Penguin

What I've found is very helpful is similar to what others have said , a deck switch. However, I switch the Invisible deck with a Blank Deck. Pulling a bandana/hankerchief out of your pocket should provide enough misdirection to do a deck switch. Then, all you have to do is go into the "turning a regular deck(invisible deck) into a blank deck of cards except for the one they cut too".

This way you keep the mentalistic nature of the magic going...

I hope this helps...

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 am 
Penguin

hrmm.. first off.. why are you letting them have that much control? YOU are in control, NOT them..

Example.. in the 2 card monte.. when the spectator is holding the card, and the magician asked them to hold the card tight while he is pulling on it, and there grip gets tighter.. THAT is a great example of being in TOTAL control.. once you have that, then you wont have the issue of people wanting to "see" the deck..

Which in turn means that you are going to need to practice more, and build your confidence up more..

Now every now and then, you might have one guy that says "ok lemmie see the deck, i want to show you a magic trick" When i get asked that, i say the same thing every single time. "do i ask you to let me see your keys? or your house? or your wife?" That shuts them up everytime, and teaches them to enjoy the performance. And i dont say it in a [edited] way..

Im very comical in my routines, so 99.9% of the time, i dont allow time for a heckler to get a word in edgewise, or leave time for the spectators to be in control!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:44 pm 
Penguin

for an invisable deck routine with a normal deck you could just have one card turned over allready and use a mental force. this way they didnt even say their card yet. only problem is that i dont know any mental forces, i just know of them.

Post subject: Re: Invisible deck suspicions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:00 am 
Penguin

tm14 wrote:
...someone often says that they know how it's done, and they ask to see the deck. I can't do anything. Help me!

End the trick first by putting it in your pocket and make a change. Make sure your routine ends something like "an then the magician puts back the cards into his pocket, and makes the invisible deck, now visible." Switch out the deck and hand them the same type of normal deck.

Then....run. jk :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:40 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
I have 2 more things to say really, first, a deck switch isnt going to do anything but piss people off, heres why, first if someone asks to see the deck and you put it in your pocket for a second, they know what you've done and you're probably going to insult them for thinking you can get away with it. The other problem is that when you're done with an invisible deck the named card is put back in reversed into the deck so you're set for your next performance, if you do a switch, the deck you switch in will not have their card reversed in the deck.

Firstly, there are more advanced deck switches out there. Secondly, you wouldn't leave their card reversed (or, at least, you wouldn't seem to).

Lastly, slow the trick down. Make it seem fishy in some respects. They should think that you have 52 decks in your pocket before they suspect that yours is fake.