View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: school
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:32 pm 
Penguin

i am going to order on the spot, bite out quarter and the raven, i already have BTP and Darwins encyclopedia, floating dollar bill, i want to do some effects at school for friends and also do stuff for family, do you think this is adequit, (probably more than adequit) would you add anything elts? or take anything away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:51 pm 
Penguin

any one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

School isnt really a good place to show magic but anyways Pen through dollar, Stealth pen is really good for close-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

BOQ ia great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:13 pm 
Penguin

ya i know its not ideal but its alright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:46 am 
Penguin

i tend to disagree with u hooded school is a great place to eprform magic!! ive gotten nothing but great expeircens doin magic at school evryone loves it and im always gettin asked for a performance must be ur presentaiton or u choose trick that have angle problmes at the wrong time!!! back to topic though!! those will be great i use raven opccasionally but i like to do natural vanish u will make the kids at school [edited] them selfs when they see that lol!! and on the spot is great theses are affects u can do on the spot hince the title! u will go far at school with theses affects!! also try the bite out of quarter during lunch with ur friends spare cahnge you will draw attention and be able to perfomr a show at lunch!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:29 pm 
born to perform.

twister1616 wrote:
i tend to disagree with u hooded school is a great place to eprform magic!! ive gotten nothing but great expeircens doin magic at school evryone loves it and im always gettin asked for a performance must be ur presentaiton or u choose trick that have angle problmes at the wrong time!!! back to topic though!! those will be great i use raven opccasionally but i like to do natural vanish u will make the kids at school [edited] them selfs when they see that lol!! and on the spot is great theses are affects u can do on the spot hince the title! u will go far at school with theses affects!! also try the bite out of quarter during lunch with ur friends spare cahnge you will draw attention and be able to perfomr a show at lunch!!!

I agree with you, school is a great place to do magic. My school has a tv show that I go on to do stuff, and to answer the first question, I think that is adequet, it should blow them away!!
Hope I could Help!
Skyman 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 pm 
born to perform.

school is a good place for it but be prepared to do the tricks, many many people here have been dissapointed because they dont pratice the trick then go out and do the trick and mess up under the pressure. Also be ready to be heckled to do more and more tricks, if kids at school know that you do magic you will never hear the end of it, they always want you to do more and more.

-scott-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:21 pm 
born to perform.

ScottRomansky wrote:
school is a good place for it but be prepared to do the tricks, many many people here have been dissapointed because they dont pratice the trick then go out and do the trick and mess up under the pressure. Also be ready to be heckled to do more and more tricks, if kids at school know that you do magic you will never hear the end of it, they always want you to do more and more.

-scott-

When people want to see more, it makes you love doing magic. The only downside is the hecklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:53 am 
born to perform.

If you have not prepared enough, that includes patter and personal skills, you will get heckled beyond belief. schools are great and you shouldnt have any problems, if you know what you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:59 am 
born to perform.

im gonna do it in school myself (im going to be a freshman) I'm thinking bout doing stuff that has to do with money-

stuff i have already
Bite out quarter
Floating db -hummingbird card

and lots of card trix that i think should be held off till the middle of the year

-so im thinking of getting

The raven
and maby get a TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:38 pm 
Penguin

Blindside462 wrote:
im gonna do it in school myself (im going to be a freshman) I'm thinking bout doing stuff that has to do with money-

stuff i have already
Bite out quarter

and lots of card trix that i think should be held off till the middle of the year

The raven
and maby get a TT

if you get a TT, i would recomend getting darwins encyclopidia, its three DVDs with a lot of good material, and if you wand to do stuff with money, there is a really good bill switch that i use really often

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:43 pm 
Penguin

Okay, this kid had a question about certain products. He didnt want to be criticized for performing at school. I run a VERY successful club at school. We only have 3 serious members (including myself), but we have entertained probably everyone in the school. I find school to be the best place for magic. There's room for magic anarchy, close up magic, restaurant/bar style magic, and best of all: Experience. Be careful doing the invisible thread effects in school. Lots of people around to grab. Especially dangerous for that effect. BTP should have taught you a few good card effects that can be done in a school setting. Darwins greatly prepared you for TT effects, since many people seem to know about a "fake thumb". The raven gets amazing reactions in school, just beware of metal desks and lockers. Bite out quarter can be worked into an anarchy situation at lunch. Good way to freak out the lunch lady when she gives your change back. Now, for my favorite: On the Spot. I LOVE Gregory Wilson. That DVD will do you SO much good in school. It's all impromtu magic that can be done with borrowed objects. A Questionable Trick is a personal favorite.

I wish you so much luck, you'll need it. Have fun and beware of hecklers, but NEVER let them hold you back or even come close to stoping you!!
~Jonton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:23 am 
born to perform.

GFUNK13 wrote:
Blindside462 wrote:

stuff i have already
Bite out quarter

The raven
and maby get a TT

if you get a TT, i would recomend getting darwins encyclopidia, its three DVDs with a lot of good material, and if you wand to do stuff with money, there is a really good bill switch that i use really often
Yeah I'll get that in november right now Im more interested into getting

the raven
king size TT
101 tricks with TT
universal pull
tally ho deck
thumbtip writer from E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:34 am 
born to perform.

Keep something else in mind when you spend money. When you have shown your tricks, you need to buy more. Once you spend all that money on the bite out and raven, you will shock yourself in how fast you run out of people to show it to. Then it will go to a drawer and never used. Even On the Spot only has eleven tricks, which you will run out of. But that is life.

Warning. Never tell anyone the secret of the Raven. Not your mom, or your dad, or your closest friend. If the secret gets out, everyone in the school will know, and the heckling will really start. They will see the raven as cheating and will be meaner over that then if they catch you with a sleight. If you get On the Spot, don't bother with the raven, unless you are rolling in the dough.