View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:29 pm 
Penguin

If he knows what you are doing, then do something else.

If you are using cards, switch to something else like coins.

If you are using coins, switch to thumb tips.

If you are using thumb tips, switch to pens.

The list goes on and on, and unless you don't know what you are doing, you can easily fool the heckler with something he doesn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:19 am 
Penguin

Ugh. Stay away from him. The kid's a jerk and can't stand a little competition. He's jealous up the yin yang. Just give him his space and "co-exist". Yeah, keep him on the other end of the earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:45 pm 
Penguin

id beat him up lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

learn to throw cards i suggest ricky jay thats how i learned. if some 1 messes with me i throw the selected card at em. you cant get in trouble say you were throwing the card to him i mean who knows how to throw cards. so he will get pissed and not want to watch or ruin your tricks and your teachers cant get mad.

P.S watch out though cards realy hurt ive broken the skin on friends so makee sure you arent useing something poweful like the dolphin dart.
good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:41 pm 
Penguin

Lawboy wrote:
I suggest that you don't perform magic around him. Seriously, just because you know a few tricks doesn't mean that you have to show them to everyone the whole time. Take my advice: practise your tricks until you can do them 20 times in a row FLAWLESSLY. Once you can do that it'll be much harder for others to work out your tricks (unless they know some magic like the DL).

Then, only unleash your magic when the time is right. Don't say "I'm going to do a trick - watch this!" That will only ensure that people will be paying more attention. On the other hand, if some friends are talking about money, you could just randomly walk up to them and say: "Hey, I've noticed something funny about these dollar bills. I've found it's possible to stick a pen through them and they're completely unharmed." That kind of approach, in my opinion, is more magical.

REMEMBER: Don't perform your magic because you want to - perform it because the time is right.

That is the worst [edited] lead up to a trick ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:04 am 
born to perform.

I always feel like I have to stress that someone cannot tell people how you did a trick if they know what they just saw is 100% completly impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:08 am 
Penguin

ween wrote:
learn to throw cards i suggest ricky jay thats how i learned. if some 1 messes with me i throw the selected card at em. you cant get in trouble say you were throwing the card to him i mean who knows how to throw cards. so he will get pissed and not want to watch or ruin your tricks and your teachers cant get mad.

Throw CARDS at them?!?! :x Man, that's gotta be the dumbest heckler handling method I've heard!

But certainly the most entertaining. :P XD

But I agree with the staying away from him plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:23 pm 
Penguin

doood Im 16 soon and I cant wait to finish school lol because of a$$holes like that, it seems to me that he's one of these kids thats just sad and has such a crap life himself that the only with he as to amuse his self is to cause trouble for others.

and my advise is to always have something ready, that is smart and quick witted to say bk to him. That make him look the fool he is.

I had the same problee when I started magic . just dont do magic around him or have something to cover what he is saying no one has ever cort me ever and Ive done 100's of effects for people in school and out practice them to perfection man tis the way trust me.

ps people like that sort of person u are talking about never come to anything,just keep that in mind when he does it again

jamie keep it real dood 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:44 am 
Team Penguin

YOU GUYS JUST DO NOT GET IT!!!!

If you perform magic as a trick....people are going to want to figure it out because it is in the form of a puzzle! People like to solve puzzles!

If you perform magic in an entertaining way, people will sit back, and enjoy themselves...not caring how the trick is done! Magic is a form of entertianment...not puzzlement. I have tried to make many of you guys understand this but nobody ever listens. So long as you are making somebody enjoy themself...and not appear as a show off...they will have fun and play right along wanting to see more.

This is the secret to eliminating hecklers!

Give it a try...learn to present as a form of entertainment...you will see a dramatic change in amount of hecklers...I promise! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:15 pm 
Penguin

bramble wrote:
and my advise is to always have something ready, that is smart and quick witted to say bk to him. That make him look the fool he is.

Be careful about that. Sometimes this will work, but not usually. It tends makes the audience realize that you're just as quick to retaliate as he is and all of a sudden, you've lost the loyalty of the specatators.

Rule of thumb: Don't attack your audience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:38 pm 
Penguin

chrisgilbert wrote:
ween wrote:

Throw CARDS at them?!?! :x Man, that's gotta be the dumbest heckler handling method I've heard!

That actually might work... I threw one at a lemon and it went halfway in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:15 pm 
born to perform.

your style of magic should be built in to avoid hecklers. if you are a joker, there are ways to joke with him too. agree with him sarcastically.

but since that isn't too good advice, i suggest you follow the kick me sign suggestion, when he annoys you just pat him (sticking it on) and say yep. you don't want to be enemies with hecklers and walk away all the time but you want to be sneaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:09 am 
born to perform.

chrisgilbert wrote:
ween wrote:

if cards are thrown correctly they can pierce a watermelon rine or even crack drywall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:10 am 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
YOU GUYS JUST DO NOT GET IT!!!!

If you perform magic as a trick....people are going to want to figure it out because it is in the form of a puzzle! People like to solve puzzles!

If you perform magic in an entertaining way, people will sit back, and enjoy themselves...not caring how the trick is done! Magic is a form of entertianment...not puzzlement. I have tried to make many of you guys understand this but nobody ever listens. So long as you are making somebody enjoy themself...and not appear as a show off...they will have fun and play right along wanting to see more.

This is the secret to eliminating hecklers!

Give it a try...learn to present as a form of entertainment...you will see a dramatic change in amount of hecklers...I promise! :wink:

kyle's advice is great, take it into consideration, good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:28 am 
Penguin

book92 wrote:
That actually might work... I threw one at a lemon and it went halfway in...

Are you suggesting throwing cards is good because you can cause physical damage? T_o

It's that kinda stuff that leads to lawsuits and no future gigs. ESPECIALLY if you cut them!

Legend_566 wrote:
kyle's advice is great, take it into consideration, good job

I second that.