View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:28 am 
born to perform.

After performing Red Hot Mama/Chicago Opener, a spectator accused the card that changed colour of being posessed. I agreed and said that it was a devil card. I had another blue card in my pocket, so I switched the "devil card" for it, tore up the card and promptly restored it by mashing the pieces together and switching them back for the original "devil card".

It wasn't a fancy torn and restored effect, in fact I improvised it on the spot, but it got the job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:38 pm 
Penguin

There are times when I'm tempted to chase after these fanatical nut-jobs, telling them that I'm going to turn them into a toad! lol :D

People who are too lazy to think for themselves, just tick me off. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:52 am 
born to perform.

Wouldn't this be a really good oppertunity to do 'creature'?

I tell you, the guy's possessed! No, I just get my familiar to help me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:04 am 
born to perform.

where do i buy the creature? its cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:01 am 
Penguin

Quote:
When fanatics like that approach me, I offer to show them something that they are more familiar with. I bring out my Extral Large Foo Can and change water to wine.

Haha-thats an awesome idea!!

Post subject: 'Optical Illusion'
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:59 pm 
Penguin

I just try to stress that it is an 'Optical Illusion'. Especially when I do object levitation. Like dollars and stuff. I think that calling yourself a 'Illusionist' is a good idea. Generally, if you respect them , they will respect you though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:41 pm 
born to perform.

lol funny topic.
to be honest, i perform a lot AT my church. im a christian and im there typically every sunday and friday night, so i do loads of stuff there. the thing is, everyone knows me, so they all know im not satans best friend. but to be honest, i do enjoy getting those reactions on the streets on occasion. i do have a girl at church who is afraid to look at me though because she thinks i can read her mind. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:48 pm 
born to perform.

Go with it. It's a good thing if people think you're the devil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

if someone asks you if you're a witch say "no a cannibal, can i eat your arms?" jk :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:59 pm 
born to perform.

kyle the great your story was halarious i laughed so hard to the story i fell out of my couputer chair! i wish i was there! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:37 pm 
Penguin

I need to share a little story along this line.

A few years ago I was in a local watering hole showing the barkeep some tricks. I performed the disappearing salt trick, (goog old TT, never fails to amaze!) and when I finished, an obviously inebriated gentleman sitting to my left looked straight at me and said "You're satan aren't you?"

Without batting an eye, I summoned up my most demonic voice and growled "Yes I am, and satan would like a shot of cuervo and a beer!" The guy stood up, and before stumbling out of the bar pulled out a ten and told the bartender "Hey, get my buddy satan here a shot and a beer." Then he went home.

True story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 am 
Penguin

AlanMunro wrote:
Fanatics don't care about logic or common sense. They believe what a preacher tells them and usually won't question it. I may force them to decide that they're not completely convinced that they're views are right. Many people, deep down, aren't convinced their beliefs are right, and will back down if they think acting on those views will have consequences. Beliefs are taught to people. Knowings aren't taught.

Watch out for psychotic people, though - that's a whole other ball game. I avoid performing for them if I can. I don't want to fuel their illness.

Personally I resent that comment. I am a devout Christian myself (and a professional magician!). Keep your bigotry to yourself please.

Post subject: Magic vs. Magick
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:55 pm 
Penguin

If you have the time and energy you can explain the difference in this way:
Magic is what we perform, illusions, slight of hand, etc. They involve the performer knowing something or a lot that the audience does not.
Magick is what the occult practices and really consists of meditation for the most part as well as many other complex things. The occult created the word Magick for this specific reason, to remove any thought that their activities are illusions or satanic. That is the technical explanation, if you want to research more about Magick and the Craft I suggest that you do it will make you better prepared. It's never good to encourage someones ignorance by claiming or making it appear that you are satanic when you are performing magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:55 am 
born to perform.

I did rising card deck to this girl in my adv. tech tools class and she thought i had a demon inside of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:26 am 
born to perform.

Starkindler wrote:
AlanMunro wrote:
Fanatics don't care about logic or common sense. They believe what a preacher tells them and usually won't question it. I may force them to decide that they're not completely convinced that they're views are right. Many people, deep down, aren't convinced their beliefs are right, and will back down if they think acting on those views will have consequences. Beliefs are taught to people. Knowings aren't taught.

Watch out for psychotic people, though - that's a whole other ball game. I avoid performing for them if I can. I don't want to fuel their illness.

Personally I resent that comment. I am a devout Christian myself (and a professional magician!). Keep your bigotry to yourself please.

Are you a fanatic? One can be a devout christian without being a fanatic, just as one can be a devout muslim without being a fanatic. If you are completely unquestioning, that is dangerous. That's almost a definition of the word 'fanatic', not a slur on the religious.

As I've said before, I don't try to convice people I'm for real as I consider that to be dishonest. Certain mentalists *cou-Uri Gellar!-gh* are similarly dishonest by consistently claiming to be the real deal. That's not going to help society progress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next