View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Any annoying hecklers ruining your tricks?
Yes 76%  76%  [ 38 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: sisters
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

Don't EVER invite brothers or sisters to look at your trick with you. I was just about to do a trick to a person when my little sister walks by and says to me "Do you have your THING on?" and gives me a little wink. Groan. Another time I was doing the Raven to a friend of mine. It worked, but my other sister kinda saw what happened and said "Aww, um...you kinda messed up...you could see your....sticking outta your sleeve..." right in front of my spectator. I hate that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:53 pm 
Penguin

yeah but shills can be useful when you're hustling for money with monte games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:34 pm 
born to perform.

My brothers and sister don't heckle me. But they know where to look and if they are in any way bad mood they sometimes heckle me. But no, they never heckle me as I do stage magic or some magic at dinnerparties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:00 pm 
Penguin

Don't EVER EVER show a friend a trick in like coming to there house and doing it you should tape it so NO HECKLERS and if you make a mistake then TAPE OVER IT! it's that easy to avoid Hecklers and to avoid mistakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:03 pm 
Penguin

Just do pretty much tricks like levitation with the Invisible thread and once they say "I can do that!" Give them the thing your levitating but not the Invisible tread and watch them embarass themselves Or you should you the invisible tread rod where you just tuck it in your sleeve and levitate thing by choosing how much thread you want and do the same thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

i hate this. please, if you are new to magic do not perform to your brothers until you MASTER at least 5 different effects. AND then only do it once and all at once so they know you have skill. then show them a new trick only while showing other people too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:32 pm 
born to perform.

tKd_ wrote:
i hate this. please, if you are new to magic do not perform to your brothers until you MASTER at least 5 different effects. AND then only do it once and all at once so they know you have skill. then show them a new trick only while showing other people too

completely agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:39 pm 
born to perform.

My brother just sits in his room and dont talk to me about magic.....my dad on the other hand, every 2 secods "did you get a new trick"? "can i see it"? all that. I just say "it still needs work" and never get back to him.

-scott-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

My dad never asks to see my magic.

Post subject: Re: sisters
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:43 am 
born to perform.

magicbmx wrote:
Don't EVER invite brothers or sisters to look at your trick with you. I was just about to do a trick to a person when my little sister walks by and says to me "Do you have your THING on?" and gives me a little wink. Groan. Another time I was doing the Raven to a friend of mine. It worked, but my other sister kinda saw what happened and said "Aww, um...you kinda messed up...you could see your....sticking outta your sleeve..." right in front of my spectator. I hate that!
oooooh you had a ANGLE PROBLEMOOOO!! practice in front of the mirror the only way they can see that is your angle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:00 pm 
born to perform.

nobody in my house likes to see magic, every once and a while i show my brother some card trick because he plays poker and he mechanics, and he wants to learn some stuff,lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:52 pm 
born to perform.

a. i never let my brother find out about anything i do

b. i repeatdly explain to him that if, by chance, he should find out, and he tells someone, ill kick the living snot out of him, and my pyromaniac doesnt have to be just for pretties... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:25 pm 
Penguin

i think it's natural for siblings and friends to be the biggest hecklers just because they know you and might be comfortable teasing you. They will also be watching your every move much more carefully cuz they know you and if you do something that might be out of character for you (like the "swipe" you do with the raven) they might get suspicious. Strangers don't wanna mess with you cuz they don't know you and could very well beat them senseless if they heckle you. All in all, don't perform for someone until you know your angles, are confident, and are prepared for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:05 am 

My sister is very co-operative when I perform magic, however is she were a heckler I don't think it would be much of a problem, I learned to handle hecklers from all this time I have been doing magic! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:28 pm 
Penguin

I never want to do a trick in front of my brother again...he always says "do you guys want to know how he did that?" in front of the spectator and even if he doesnt know he tells them a fake method.