View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:34 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
YOU GUYS JUST DO NOT GET IT!!!!

If you perform magic as a trick....people are going to want to figure it out because it is in the form of a puzzle! People like to solve puzzles!

If you perform magic in an entertaining way, people will sit back, and enjoy themselves...not caring how the trick is done! Magic is a form of entertianment...not puzzlement. I have tried to make many of you guys understand this but nobody ever listens. So long as you are making somebody enjoy themself...and not appear as a show off...they will have fun and play right along wanting to see more.

This is the secret to eliminating hecklers!

Give it a try...learn to present as a form of entertainment...you will see a dramatic change in amount of hecklers...I promise! :wink:

I'm not trying to insult you, but you are completley wrong. There will always be a heckler, always be someone who will try to "figure it out". Yes you're entertaining, but the way you're entertaining is by doing tricks. Even if you're doing an XCM presentation, there will always be that guy who will heckle you out of the building. Knowing how to handle that guy is one thing, but no matter who you are, you will still have hecklers if you perform in school.

And to the original poster-
Find some good heckler lines that will defuse the situation. I'd suggest listening to flashcards on magicbroadcast.com next week, Jerry's going to go over some good lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:49 pm 
Penguin

Run up to him really quick before he exposes the trick and say "I ONCE WAS A TREEHOUSE BLAH BLAH DUCK! I WISH I WAS A LAMA CAKE" Then jump around and dance and tape his mouth shut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:34 am 
born to perform.

jw174176 wrote:
There will always be a heckler, always be someone who will try to "figure it out". Yes you're entertaining, but the way you're entertaining is by doing tricks.

Thats not true, you can perform without hecklers. If you're performing with proper presentation or if you dont not perform for people who dont like magic. And make sure not to perform insulting magic, most levitations and solid thru solids fall into this catagory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:10 pm 
Penguin

How are they insulting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:20 pm 
Team Penguin

jw174176 wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:
YOU GUYS JUST DO NOT GET IT!!!!

If you perform magic as a trick....people are going to want to figure it out because it is in the form of a puzzle! People like to solve puzzles!

If you perform magic in an entertaining way, people will sit back, and enjoy themselves...not caring how the trick is done! Magic is a form of entertianment...not puzzlement. I have tried to make many of you guys understand this but nobody ever listens. So long as you are making somebody enjoy themself...and not appear as a show off...they will have fun and play right along wanting to see more.

This is the secret to eliminating hecklers!

Give it a try...learn to present as a form of entertainment...you will see a dramatic change in amount of hecklers...I promise! :wink:

I'm not trying to insult you, but you are completley wrong. There will always be a heckler, always be someone who will try to "figure it out". Yes you're entertaining, but the way you're entertaining is by doing tricks. Even if you're doing an XCM presentation, there will always be that guy who will heckle you out of the building. Knowing how to handle that guy is one thing, but no matter who you are, you will still have hecklers if you perform in school.

And to the original poster-
Find some good heckler lines that will defuse the situation. I'd suggest listening to flashcards on magicbroadcast.com next week, Jerry's going to go over some good lines.

You did not insult me, however I think you completely missed the point I was trying to make...

Of course you cannot completely eliminate hecklers...but you can get rid of most of them by taking the advice that I gave! Sure you are performing with "tricks" but you do not have to perform them as "tricks". Basically...you want to perform a "trick" in diguise! You want to entertain while doing a "trick", not trick, while doing a "trick". I have seen too many magician perform and their presentation makes the tricks look like puzzles...and they get the crap heckled out of them. You can either take what I said or leave it...it does not matter to me but I will tell you this:

I promise that it works. If it did not work I would not have shared it with you. I discovered this years ago and it still works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:55 pm 
Penguin

card scale his crack or his head... it always works

Post subject: Oh yea!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:58 pm 
Penguin

Have the IBM ninjas take care of them.

(International Brotherhood of Magicians)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:56 pm 
Penguin

Is he a loner? A gangsta? Either way stay away from that fool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:21 pm 
Penguin

If he's the nerdy type then I say just kick the **** out of him. Lol, im just playing. Stay away from him and next time hes about to shout something out just say "DONT DO IT!!!". It usually works for me....i have no clue how but it does. And if your a card magician then hand him the deck and tell him to do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:04 am 
Penguin

when performing for alot of people at the same time.

him: i know how you do that
you: that guy is a [edited] and when he leaves i will do some more magic.
all the other spectators: LEAVE NOW [edited]

when performing for one person and he walks up.

him: hey all he is doing is blah blah blah
you: here lets see you do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:11 am 
Penguin

i would definetly do something that would totally fool him, like revolver, or LDS, or pen through dollar. something so that when he stands there not knowing how you did it, that you can just tell him to go away. not so mean that he will tell on you. well maybe edited tell on you b/c he doesnt know. n e way, bottom line:

fool him so badly that he doesnt know wat hit him.

(oh and i also like the maiming, killing idea that 1 kid said) :D :D :D

Peace 8)