View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:52 pm 
born to perform.

kenjac wrote:
What caused you to change your mind about Sankey then pangea?

The post that Zade77 pointed out was a joke. I was never a Sankey fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:47 pm 
Penguin

I think Jay Sankey is very funny some times, but the way that he is goofy and says jokes gets the spectators to have a good time. Some of his tricks are easy to figure out, so i wont buy most of them, but hes ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:39 pm 
Penguin

I find Sankey very entertaining and funny. What annoys me though, is not Sankey, but these topics. Yeah okay, opinons... but there are so many of these floating around. This is all I hear anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:58 pm 
Penguin

8) Jay sankeys comedy is just like everyone elses, some people like it some people dont.

As you can tell i have the most respect for Jay.And i love his comedy ad overall presentation, but some people dont.

Post subject: asdf
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:40 pm 
Penguin

I'm willing to bet that his humor and style tend to work better directly to an audience than translated to a recording. The difference is that, with the audience, he can be humorous in his interaction with them, whereas on camera he has to ramble a little bit. I at least get the impression that he's trying to make his performance on camera interesting.

Oz, on the other hand, can seem completely lifeless on camera (like he's reading the patter from the box). However, seeing him perform for real people showed his charisma and humor. Interacting with an audience has a profound effect on the performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:38 pm 
born to perform.

I like Gregory Wilson's humor much more than Sankey's "in your face" humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

jw174176 wrote:
I like Gregory Wilson's humor much more than Sankey's "in your face" humor.
I agree. Jay tries too hard to be funny. Greg just kinda goes with the flow. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:06 am 
born to perform.

well, i cant really say since i never heard any good lines from wilson.
maybe you guys should post some of his quotes in the hall of fame section. sort of like they did with jay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:07 pm 
Penguin

Wow! Pangea, you really just got totally busted there! That was hillarious!

As far as the Sankey debate goes, Sankey is God. Sure he's a ridiculous baffoon, but that's why I love him. Especially considering some of the dry, stale old farts I've seen on some magic videos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:03 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, Sankey isn't funny at all. I've never liked him and his merchandise! I've got fooled twice, once when I bought Snowstorm, I only got four crappy cards, and once when I bought Earplugs, on the cover it says "The Amazing Sponge routine that does make sense!", I would rather say "That sponge routine that doesn't make any sense!".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:57 pm 
born to perform.

Kexbandit wrote:
Yeah, Sankey isn't funny at all. I've never liked him and his merchandise! I've got fooled twice, once when I bought Snowstorm, I only got four crappy cards, and once when I bought Earplugs, on the cover it says "The Amazing Sponge routine that does make sense!", I would rather say "That sponge routine that doesn't make any sense!".

magic is supposed fool your spectators not the magician. think about that one. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:29 am 
born to perform.

mmize wrote:
Wow! Pangea, you really just got totally busted there! That was hillarious!

Can you explain what the edited you are talking about? Where was I “totally busted”?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:35 am 
born to perform.

Kexbandit wrote:

I was thinking that about the earplugs. How many people immediatley realise that they're earplugs? If I was a laymen and a magician pulled them out I would consider them as some weird sponge cylinders. That's me though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:54 am 
Penguin

I was referring to zade calling you a hypocrite and pointing out the discrepancies between your earlier post and the one that started this thread. Good Stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:22 pm 
born to perform.

mmize wrote:
you're the one contridicting himself. I just thought it was funny someone actually pointed it out.

Again, you are a big dummy. Do you know what sarcasm is? Read the post that Zade linked to - do you honestly believe that my all-time best Penguin purchase, was a God darn t-shirt? You're brilliant.

:wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next