View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sankey
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 366
Location: Far from the ordinary
8) Sankey Deserves a spot in the Hall of fame.



I dont care if you dont like his comedy he is good and extremely Creative.

P.S. If you disagree with me :twisted: Dont post here :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:14 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Sep 2004
Posts: 64
Location: tn
i agree with you jay sankey is very funny and creative and a good teacher i might add and i agree that he deserves a spot in the hall of fame


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:49 pm 
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 10 Dec 2003
Posts: 5037
I agree with your guys 100%......

Sankey SHOULD be added to the Hall of Fame!!!!!

-Vinnie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 369
ya sankey all the way


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 31 May 2003
Posts: 3473
Location: Official member of The Cool People Clique
YES!!!!! SANKEY PWNS ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 4709
Location: EU
A Jay Sankey forum did exist, but was removed as this forum has been made for all magicians. Just because Penguin used to sell Sankey products exclusively does not make him better than other magicians and that we shouldn't single out others. This is a forum to discuss for all magicians in in the hall of fame of the magic "world".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:16 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Sep 2004
Posts: 64
Location: tn
i never said he was better than other magicians i like him better than some magicians thats my opion and your right we shouldnt single other magicians out but thats not what im trying to do


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 366
Location: Far from the ordinary
JaredGill wrote:
A Jay Sankey forum did exist, but was removed as this forum has been made for all magicians. This is a forum to discuss for all magicians in in the hall of fame of the magic "world".


Then why does david blaine have his own section( just because he has a tv show doesnt make him better).

What im saying is there shouldnt be a section just because he has a tv show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 4709
Location: EU
gregycwa wrote:
JaredGill wrote:
A Jay Sankey forum did exist, but was removed as this forum has been made for all magicians. This is a forum to discuss for all magicians in in the hall of fame of the magic "world".


Then why does david blaine have his own section( just because he has a tv show doesnt make him better).

What im saying is there shouldnt be a section just because he has a tv show.


Jay Sankey is a magician that makes his own DVDs and writes his own books, releases his own gimmicks, basically he has his own material. What makes him different than Paul Harris or...umm Lee Asher? He is simply another magician that releases his own material and franky I don't see why we must have a section JUST for him. Because he releases material more often doesn't mean he is someone special or better than others.

David Blaine is unique, he has done something no one else did before, he made his own special, he brought all these people to magic, presented some street magic to the magic circle, it opened a new world of magic - close-up magic - that people could see right in front of their faces on TV for the first time, rather than watching all those stage magicians with their stage utilities. He has done stunts too don't forget.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:12 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 874
Location: England
Blaine didn't open up the "world of close up magic". He just introduced it to the public.

I admire him for showing laymen that there is a different side to magic. A less geeky Magic Circle type quality. I don't understand what people have against him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:12 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 25
I also admire Sankey. He has written some good magics books, DVDs, lecture notes and has created many great magical effects. He seems like he is a nice person also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:06 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 3
Wow. JaredGill for a moderator you're not too bright.

"David Blaine is unique, he has done something no one else did before, he made his own special".

How old are you? 16?? David Copperfield had a TV special long before Blaine. Doug Henning had a TV special long before Copperfield. And I could go on. It's amazing how some of you people act like Blaine invented magic. And as far as him being the first person to do it on the street, uh.. have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Houdini?? He did a lot of magic on the streets back in the 1920's!!

Sure Blaine introduced a lot of new people to magic. But Jay Sankey has introduced a lot of new magic to people. His creations far out weigh Blaine's contributions to the magic world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:11 am 
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 6448
athunt wrote:
Wow. JaredGill for a moderator you're not too bright.

"David Blaine is unique, he has done something no one else did before, he made his own special".

How old are you? 16?? David Copperfield had a TV special long before Blaine. Doug Henning had a TV special long before Copperfield. And I could go on. It's amazing how some of you people act like Blaine invented magic. And as far as him being the first person to do it on the street, uh.. have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Houdini?? He did a lot of magic on the streets back in the 1920's!!

Sure Blaine introduced a lot of new people to magic. But Jay Sankey has introduced a lot of new magic to people. His creations far out weigh Blaine's contributions to the magic world.


First, that was well before Jared was a moderator. Second, don't you think his opinion could've changed? :roll:

If you hadn't noticed, this thread is more than 6 months old. :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:58 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 4709
Location: EU
:lol:

Thanks for sharing with us your opinion athunt. I love you too.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.