View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Decent forks in the UK?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:21 am 
Penguin

Does anyone know where I can get some decent forks in the UK for doing bending routines (Ala Morgan Strebler's Liquid Metal). They need to be cheap (two are destroyed per time) and soft and made of steel. I can see that Asda has some forks, about 4 for 93p but my local store does not carry them and they wont deliver to my area for online ordering. I am hopeful about these forks though because Asda is part of the Wal-Mart group, and that's where the suggested forks (Dominion Dinner Forks) can be bought. (ok its a stretch). Has anyone in the UK used Asda forks for metal bending routines? There must be some metal benders here in the UK?

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:54 pm 
Penguin

I am also having the same problem, but if you read the reviews of LM one guy says he uses Tesco value forks. I havent tried these yet. But its worth a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:22 am 
Penguin

Thanks aidanrr.

I'm not sure how I missed reading that but I will try those if I can get some. (You cant buy them online it seems). But while searching for "Tesco Value Forks" I found a forum where someone has used the Asda forks successfully so I will see if I can get some of those too. Let me know how you get on.

MajikBoris aka Mark the Magician
A power that must only be used for amusement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:12 pm 
Penguin

I can DEFINITELY recommend ASDA value forks (4 for 93p). You won't go wrong with these, I use them all the time for Liquid Metal-esque routines. You can pull off the corkscrew twist in seconds (once you have the knack) and the tines are similarly pliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:04 am 
Penguin

Well I went a bought a load of "Tesco Value Forks" and they dont work for me. I cannot do the corkscrew with them, as they are so brittle they break. Maybe I have a crummy batch of them, I dont know. I am desperate to find an Asda store that carries their forks but I cannot. I hear that some stores also carry Bicycle cards too. (Cool).

A power that must only be used after 7pm during cheap rate electricity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:52 pm 
Penguin

the same thing happened when i got tesco forks. but i got some asda ones and there great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

This topic has been brought up in the past and we always sorted it by saying ASDA.

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:42 am 
Penguin

Thanks to everyone for their help and support.

I have at last found an Asda near enough and big enough to carry the forks. I bought only a couple of packs (after the Tesco fiasco), tried them out and they rule! Its so easy to do Morgan's routine with these. So I've since been back and bought every pack they had on the shelves. (dont worry I'm sure they will get more). Anyway thanks to everyone who helped steer me in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

A power that must only be used when there's an 'R' in the month.

Post subject: re asda forks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:07 pm 
Penguin

hi guys maybe im not doing it right all the time but i have had varied success with the asda forks so if its a particular type anyone let meknow cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:57 am 
born to perform.

i have been looking for years... no luck yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]