View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who do you think is the best magician?
David Blaine 17%  17%  [ 56 ]
Oz Pearlman 15%  15%  [ 49 ]
Jay Noblezada 6%  6%  [ 21 ]
Jay Sankey 10%  10%  [ 34 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
David Copperfield 45%  45%  [ 150 ]
Total votes : 332
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:55 pm 
Penguin

This shows how many true magicians are in Penguin. OZ PEARLMAN???? JAY NOBLEZADA???? THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THE LIST. Come on. Outside of Penguin no one has ever even heard of them. Copperfield is the best of them. The most creative magician alive is Paul Harris. Any of you read Art of Astonishment at all? People use Paul's stuff everyday. How does Oz make this list and not Ed Marlo, possibly the greatest card magician ever. Dai Vernon anyone? Fooled Houdini didnt he.

Strebler is billed as the hottest new magician in Vegas and could very well be. Sankey is a genious, but again Paul Harris creates better stuff and it hits harder. Bill Malone is great, could be on the list. Ammar is amazing, should be on the list. But at least you got Copperfield on there. Watch David Copperfield: Illusions-15 years of magic and then say OZ is the best! I voted for Copperfield.

Also as far as OZ, who could put him on here and NOT Brad Christian. More layman have seen and been amazed bt B.C. as he has had TV commercials and everything. His training video's even get reccomendations by some of the biggest names in magic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:48 am 
born to perform.

gman19 wrote:
This shows how many true magicians are in Penguin. OZ PEARLMAN???? JAY NOBLEZADA???? THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THE LIST. Come on. Outside of Penguin no one has ever even heard of them. Copperfield is the best of them. The most creative magician alive is Paul Harris. Any of you read Art of Astonishment at all? People use Paul's stuff everyday. How does Oz make this list and not Ed Marlo, possibly the greatest card magician ever. Dai Vernon anyone? Fooled Houdini didnt he.

Strebler is billed as the hottest new magician in Vegas and could very well be. Sankey is a genious, but again Paul Harris creates better stuff and it hits harder. Bill Malone is great, could be on the list. Ammar is amazing, should be on the list. But at least you got Copperfield on there. Watch David Copperfield: Illusions-15 years of magic and then say OZ is the best! I voted for Copperfield.

Also as far as OZ, who could put him on here and NOT Brad Christian. More layman have seen and been amazed bt B.C. as he has had TV commercials and everything. His training video's even get reccomendations by some of the biggest names in magic!
I agree with everything you said except for the comparison between Oz and Christian. Oz has an off-broadway magic show and lately has been working at a restaurant in New York doing magic for people. All you see of Brad Christian is doing magic at the Illusionist place and sometimes for random people for his DVDs. But the rest, I agree with. Paul Harris IS the most creative man in magic. His effects are unbelievable, awhile Sankey, a great magician, creates effecta that are great, but are all the same to me. All of his tricks use the same methods. For example, The Tap Vanish, Erdnase Change, Bill Switch, Paperclipped Switch, etc. All the rest of the magicians you named also should have been on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:43 pm 
Penguin

I voted Blaine (not because he is better then copperfield or some of the others that I dont even recognize)but simply for the fact that I like how he comes across. I am 25 years old his style apeals to me. The way he is serious and such. Don't get me wrong I like some of the others and copperfield is amazing. We as people choose who we like because of multiple reasons not just the actual tricks but what we see in the person. I guess after even writing this I realize that the reasons I like blaine arent only because of his tricks. I prefer simple magic. Things that take no thought. I think blaine turned what was once considered (OMG MAGIC) into something past magic. See its hard for me to explain but in my croud of people and friends magic is considered kind of "Edited". Once blaine came out he turned magic into not being something "Edited" but something very interesting. He dressed like us. He acted how we act. He didnt make it seem like magic is a overpowered balet lesson.

This has always been a problem for me. I love magic none of my friends did. Now my friends are interested in magic after watching blaine. Everyone can flame me if you want its just the way I see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:47 pm 
Penguin

copperfield is a fake i heard he does his levitation underwater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:18 pm 
Penguin

All magicians are "fake" as you say. Its all tricks. However he does it, i doubt it is underwater. Watch his flying routine or the train vanish or signed card through window on a moving train with the window in view the entire time. And you have not seen the dream of aces trick performed with justice untill you see copperfield do it. I see nothing wrong with Blaine. I always liked magic, but others didnt. Since he show debuted it is as you said, cool to do magic now and i do it more! Another magician i can think of who could be listed and is simply amazing, and is more commonly know for mentalism, is Derren Brown. He can do some of the most amazing card tricks and i would reccomend any magician to pick up his Devil's Picturebook and see what i am talking about. Then read his books. You will then have a better understanding of what magic is and how to be a magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:22 pm 
Penguin

I hope my opinion isnt taken out of context. I am basically referring to the people I hang out with. I have always loved magic just havent been able to show much of it without getting negative reactions. Now the reactions are fine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:34 pm 
born to perform.

mexican123 wrote:
copperfield is a fake I heard he does his levitation underwater

Are you talking about his flying illusion? If so...LOL...I don't think he filled the entire stage with water and had people on stage that could hold their breath for that long... :lol: Also, don't you think you'd be able to tell?

Craig

P.S..Were you being sarcastic??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:09 pm 
born to perform.

mexican123 wrote:
copperfield is a fake I heard he does his levitation underwater

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen written on these Forums. Copperfield is one of THE BEST magicians in the world along with Penn and Teller, Lance Burton and others.

If he did his levitation underwater, then why does a Bird of Pray land on his shoulder when he fly’s of the stage?

I suppose you heard that he also tips the Statue of Liberty on its side when he makes it disappear as well?

Please learn your facts before posting on a Magicians Forum.

He is in a class of his own compared to the other choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

Oz Pearlman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:31 pm 
Penguin

personally i think greg wilson and brad christian are the better magicians

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:15 am 
Penguin

this poll is not very locical....

...but , going off topic, i say that I LIKE THE STYLE AND TECNIQUE OF YOUNG NOBLEZADA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:17 pm 
Penguin

On that list Copperfield is tops. The guy is the greatest illusionist in the world today.

Honestly my grandfather knew Harry Blackstone Jr and he swears he was one of the best ever...maybe he says that because he was his friend but I know he taught my grandfather a lot of sleights.. My grandfather can't do anything anymore because his hands are all messed up from years of working with chemicals...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:37 am 
born to perform.

Legend_566 wrote:
Houdini????????

Houdini sucks, dont blame me Jim Steinmeyer made me say it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:11 am 
born to perform.

No one on the poll list of choices thats for sure.

You've got to go back in time. See some old footage of those who made the things possible for those on your list. People like Slydini etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:52 pm 
Penguin

david copperfield will have to be the best....his allusions and tricks are just amazing....especially when he walked through the great wall

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next