View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BEGINNER TRICKS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:36 pm 
born to perform.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TRICKS WOULD BE GOOD FOR BEGINNERS. I HAVE PURCHASED SOME TRICKS AND SOME SEEM TO HARD FOR ME, A BEGINNER TO LEARN. WHAT WOULD BE SOME GOOD TRICKS FOR ME?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:20 am 
born to perform.

first learn to post this topic in only one forum :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:28 am 
born to perform.

Seriously, I know what you mean mugician. This topic is in about every forum that I have browsed through tonight. It only needs to be in Advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:14 am 
born to perform.

you know what im sorry for posting in all of the forums. i just want to get many different opinions. nobody has to be rude about it. some people are just starting out with magic and posts like this can help someone like me. every reply to my post have been stupid and have been no help and to those people i say thanks alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:29 am 
Penguin

If everyone is kinda like me, then they check all the boards for questions. If you have a question, please ask it in the appropriate forum. Don't post it more than once :roll: . It just get's annoying then. Especially the CAPS LOCK thing :evil: . And that's a bunch of crap when you said that nobody has helped you. I found at least 5 posts of people who helped you, including ME :? ! Nobody is being rude. They're just saying it gets annoying when the same little kids come in here and post a hundred times and ask the same old 'WHATS THE BEST TRICK?!' :roll: question. There is no best trick, or great trick out there. It depends on your style. Do you like coin or card tricks? Do you do stage magic? Whatever category you're in to, go to the Shop on Penguin and check out the demos and reviews for a trick and see if it's good or not. Check out the Trick Reviews forum and do a search on a certain trick you're interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:53 pm 
Penguin

theblt wrote:
And that's a bunch of crap when you said that nobody has helped you. I found at least 5 posts of people who helped you, including ME :?

Yeah, I took the time to respond last night when I should have been in bed sleeping. Now I find out my response apparently was "stupid".

Of course he (or she) posted the question in so many forums that maybe he (or she) lost track of where they all were. :?

Last edited by Basil on Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:52 pm 
born to perform.

Ok, serious recommendations.

Color Deception Brass. You'll be able to do it and it amazes.

Killer B. This instant download will teach you a valuable card slight that is pretty easy to master and looks amazing. You will find yourself using this technique again and again if you pursue card magic.

Vanishing Silk. If you don't have it.... get it. It's been the mainstay of magic for decades. Promises to amaze! If you are very young and have small hands maybe wait for a while or get a FT. (look in supplies) Many different tricks are possible.

Sphinx Block. This little effect will also kill instantly. With a little practice and confidence it will be David Blaine material.

Dime and Penny. For less than $5 you can be a great magician. Many different effects are possible with these coins.

Sponge Balls. For a few dollars you can get the started. Learning the slights may take a little practice but are very rewarding.

Pen/Dollar or Misled. All amazing. Requires a little practice to be smooth but very visual.

If you are just getting started and have a limited budget get as many things as you can for the money. Buying the one big killer effect is great but everyone will get tired of seeing the one trick you can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:32 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
don't listen to these people, just get a book, royal road to card magic

Post subject: i know how oyu feel
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:57 pm 
Penguin

I knowhow you feel just starting out let me suggest the fake thumb trick, the sponge ball trick, and the balls and cup trck. If you really have trouble with slight of hand i would try to stay away from card tricks for now because alot of them have all that fancy finger work. Be pactient and persistant dont give up and have fun

Frappy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:04 pm 
Penguin

96burg10 wrote:
some people are just starting out with magic and posts like this can help someone like me.

So can the 50+ other posts with the same question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:48 am 
Penguin

hmmmm....Out of this World is pretty easy to do and Synergy only requires a couple of moves.

Post subject: Hmm
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:52 pm 
Penguin

Lisen you want the best book for a beginner and Im not sure why people say royal road is it not really for a begginer but anyways get Mark Wilsons complete course in magic book. This book has all the classics and can teach you alot. The drawings are well done as well as the explantions.

I really really hope you get this book as even after 17 years of doing magic I still take this book off the shelf and read thru it.

It has everything you can imagine from a huge section on card magic to a great section stage magic and illusions you can build yourself.
SOme of these even bigg act still using the theory behind alot of these.

Amazon has it on out of print as Ive heard that also.You can find a copy or 2 maybe on ebay as I just had to get the book again as I gave it to a student of mine that borrowed it so much that I decided to give it to him!lol

I really cant reccomend this book enough.

Michal Mystic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

i dont really know why people are still posting on this subject of mine. whoever brought this back to the top must have goen 5 pages deep in the close up forum to find it. this topic is over two months old now and i really dont need advice on this topic anymore

Post subject: New people all the time.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:18 am 
Penguin

96burg10 wrote:
i dont really know why people are still posting on this subject of mine. whoever brought this back to the top must have goen 5 pages deep in the close up forum to find it. this topic is over two months old now and i really dont need advice on this topic anymore

96burg10, there are new people coming on board all the time. I'm sure many of them have asked the same question you have. It certainly helps. It beat having 50 posts on the same subject.

Michal "Lisen you want the best book for a beginner and Im not sure why people say royal road is it not really for a begginer but anyways get Mark Wilsons complete course in magic book. This book has all the classics and can teach you alot. The drawings are well done as well as the explantions."

Michal, I couldn't agree with you more. I was fortunate enough to find a large hardcover copy of the "Complete Course" at Half Price Books. Many of the tricks available are described in detail in the book. If someone starting out is looking for a good reference, Mark Wilson's book reviews many aspects of the trade.

Rock On Y'all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:33 am 
born to perform.

i never really thought about all of the new people comign to the posts. i apologize for my previos somment. i was just a little surprised to see the topic surface again.