View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:56 am 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
At 1 time the Doncaster magic circle was the third largest in the country after The Magic Circle in London and the Blackpool magic circle.
Team Buzz

Last edited by Team_Buzz on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:09 am 
Penguin

im new too magic :) i have bought 2 magic dvd's 1 - born to perform by oz pearlman and i am learning thumbtips and stuff.... i really like magic but how do you guys learn all about these things? i dont know ANY magic shops or anything apart from magic circle... no magic shops where i live... anyone give me any help??? please
Sp i have been on LOADS of magic websites........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:24 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
If you are just starting out in magic and you live in England Book into the Blackpool Magic Convention, It is the largest in the world, It will show you what magic has to offer outside Penguin magic. You will see the worlds greatest magicians preform there and you can meet other magicians face to face.
Some more point's:
*They have over 100 magic dealers there every year including penguin magic.
*You can get tips from the Best.
*You can get p****d in the bar with the best, Paul Zenon often just stays at the bar all of the time.
*You can choose from Loads of lectures and masterclasses.
*You can make new friends
*You can laugh at the obsessive stalker's of the best (you can always spot them, the ones who wear t-shirts and cap's with pictures of people like Lance Burton) But don't let that put you off!!

Anyway I hope I helped you begginers with my advise to book into the Blackpool magic convention, If you take my advice you will thank me.
www.blackpoolmagic.com btw mods, penguin magic is one of the dealers there I think so I dont think I am breaking any rules.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:46 am 
Site Admin

You are not breaking any rules but thanks for being mindfull of the fact that you may of been.

Yes Penguin Magic will be there, you never know...I may even be there :wink:

Should be a good convention and it would be great to see you all there.

Cheers

Tim

Post subject: dont join
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:42 pm 
Penguin

i joined that last year.. didnt reccive magazines for ages, then got loads in one go
its a pile of rubbish...its crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:45 pm 
Penguin

by the way,... im talkin about the YMC, blackpool magic convention rocks, i was callled up on stage for the sankey lecture in febuary at blackpool, it was soreal.. I RECCOMEND IT HIGHLY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:12 am 
born to perform.

I think I remember you, did you wear a long jaket and glasses
-team buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:55 am 
born to perform.

apparently they've changed the interview/audition process for the Sheffield Circle, so much so that most of the members I know reckon most of the people that approve or turn you down membership wouldn't get in if they had to audition now...never mind, I'm happy with my saturday afternoon hangout in the magic shop with Rus and the lads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 am 
Penguin

I've had one tiny problem with the magazines, but I e-mailed them and they sorted it all out. You should really take a look at some of the members of the magic circle. Some of them really arent that old at all. The ones who are old are chairmen etc and the reason they are chairmen is because they have EXPERIENCE!!! You cant be a magician for 5 years be super amazing walk into the magic circle and ask to be chairmen. They have PROBABLY done many more professional gigs than you, earnt more thab you, been on T.V. more than you entertained more famous people than you... You dis-respect old magicians now, but wait till your an old magician in a magic circle some where... Would you want to be kicked out some young person with half the experiece you had, half your life-time on the earth, joined because 2 existing members saw him perform 1 amazing gig and decided to let him join then went out and re-searched magicians on google. I don't think so.

Ali Bongo. He's old but he still makes me laugh. I saw him at the magic circle perfomring one of his shows along with other young magicians from the YMC and some from the magic circle. He was brilliant.

Just my opinions and this is not meant to be an angry post even if it sounds like. :D

Ali...

P.S. Look up Mark Shortall on the magic circle website. A Young professiona and VERY FUNNY magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:45 am 
born to perform.

hey povallsky do you know Dave Chamber's he used to be president at doncaster magic club. I sometimes go down to the shop on a Saturday with my 2 mates. Do you go with your GF by any chance?
Team Buzz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2