View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Who do you think is the best magician out there?
David Blaine 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
David Copperfield 26%  26%  [ 20 ]
Criss Angel 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Oz Pearlman 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Jay Sankey 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Jay Sankey 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Jay Noblezada 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Lance Burton 23%  23%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 77
 Post subject: Who do you think is the best?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:51 am 
Penguin

Personally, I like David Blaine and Oz Pearlman equally the best, because they both do street magic and restaurant walkaround stuff. They have incredibly mentalism and card effects it is absolutely crazy. I'm not a big fan of stage magic. It's good but if you notice at majority of the stage shows it is at a somewhat dark setting. So you can tell immediately there is something up. In street magic, the stage is the street. That's what I love about street magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:59 am 
Penguin

Are you serious? How the edited could Oz pearlman be the best magician there is. He does demo videos for a shop and makes a few dvd's. Wow... Haven't you ever heard of the greats like Michael Ammar, Paul Harris, John Bannon, Dai Vernon, Jeff McBride. These are the legends in close up magic etc. edited Greg Wilson is good. Oz Pearlman has made no books , I'm not dissing him though, he is good for corporate events, but by no means is he a legend in magic and one of the greats. I suggest you do some research and buy some proper books and DVD's instead of buying a few pointless gimmicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:35 pm 

My favorite out of your list is Sankey, but Dai Vernon was God's gift to closeup magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:26 pm 
Penguin

I tried to put McBride on the poll but I couldn't fit him in the poll. It sucks. It's just a matter of opinion. He may not be the best but at least I think he's good. But David Blaine is my idol and inspiration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:21 am 
born to perform.

Worst...poll...ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:52 am 
born to perform.

Oz is good.. well I think that Copperfield and Blaine is better but I actually haven't seen them performing live. I maybe have seen one or two clips with Blaine performing. Why isn't Lennart Green included on the list? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:30 am 
born to perform.

Yeah, it's a terrible poll. Most of the names on that poll do not belong on a poll about "the best". But, in any case, I dont think there is a best anyway. I like different characteristics of different performers. Here are some of the living magicians I most enjoy and/or admire in no particular order:

Paul Harris
Michael Ammar
Lance Burton
Penn and Teller
Gazzo
The Pendragons

If you like street magic, and you are old enough to watch PG-13 rated movies, try to catch Gazzo if he ever gives a lecture or performance near you. His show is filled with foul language, but it is one of the best, funniest, and most entertaining street magic performances you will ever see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:00 pm 
Penguin

the poll should be named. the best magicians on the list. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 am 
Penguin

Oz Pearlman and Jay Noblezada is the best in my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

Is this poll meant for technical skill or showmanship. David Copperfield and Lance Burton both has great showmanship and Technical Skill, while Oz Pearlman only has technical skill(that I have seen).

My vote went for Mr. Burton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
I'm sorry, but of those listed, you can't put any of them in the same category as Lance and David. They have done far more to advance the art, both professionally, personally, and charitably, than the others combined.

Criss is a here today/gone tomorrow fluke that I liken to the New Kids on the Block. They were the hottest thing going, then they over merchandised themselves, made more money than god, and now are the biggest joke ever devised on the entertaiment circuit. Criss will be on the Surreal Life Season 12, mark my words.

Jay and Oz are good, but I bet they'd admit they are nowhere near Lance and David.

Sankey is a good effect creator and decent performer IMHO, but again, not the same level.

Blaine has potential......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:41 am 
born to perform.

Give the kid a break, those are probaly the only magicians he knows...obviously he doesn't have liquid metal or else morgan probably would have been on that list. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:05 am 
Penguin

I think Criss Angel and OZ Pearlman are the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

rileystreetmagician wrote:
I think Criss Angel and OZ Pearlman are the best

Ok, you are obviously new to magic. Criss is crap. Oz is a good magician. But of the ones on the list the best are Lance and David. I put Lance above David because I find him more eneterttaining and endearing. Also all-around a better magician. He can do Stage, he can do close up... he gets right to the magic... David Copperfield talks to you for 20 minutes then gives you a music Video with magic in it.

Do NOT get me started on Criss Angel, but to be honest that name is the one that does not belong on that list, I would put him dead last after Oz, Jay, Sankey, and Blaine... Maybe put him on " The worst thing to happen to magic"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:59 pm 
Team Penguin

I don't know. The poll stinks, and I can't choose the best. I think Jay Sankey is really good, but so is Jeff McBride, Bill Malone, David Blaine, David Copperfield, Michael Ammar, Max Maven, Dan Harlan, Dan Fleshman, David Roth, Garrett Thomas, John Lovick, Gazzo, and hundreds and hundreds of others in no particlar order.