View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

Magic_Matts wrote:
To whoever said that Oz is the best, they are way wrong.

Try so e legends... how about Ed Marlo? Dai Vernon? Those guys have history in magic...

yes along withe slydini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:52 am 
born to perform.

gregycwa wrote:
pangea wrote:
What the edited is a post about Oz, doing in the Hall of Fame section?!?!

I wonder how many of you Oz lovers, have ever seen any other magicians beside Criss Angel or David Blaine. Hmm...

Thats very true But of the current magicians Oz is very good and vastly known.I would say Jay sankey is also one of those people,But Jay is much more creative.

Oz is “vastly known”, primarily to the Penguin community. And he might have gained more exposure outside of Penguin, due to his DVDs he released - but his DVDs got such poor reviews by many places not affiliated with Penguin. So is it good to be known as “the guy who released that crappy DVD”?

And Oz is technically good, but not a great performer by any means. Obviously he can't hold a candle to true legends such as Vernon, Slydini, Marlo, Leipzig, Malini, Bertram, etc. - but even compared to modern day working magicians, he falls far short. Do you really think he is in the same class as Malone, Daryl, Carney, Tamariz, Ammar or Gregory Wilson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:18 pm 
Penguin

Oz is also a lot younger than all of them. Remember, everything is relative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:58 am 
born to perform.

Kazuri wrote:
Oz is also a lot younger than all of them. Remember, everything is relative.

Right, he IS much younger than them. Yet he still feels justified in releasing 3 DVDs already??

Most of the legends kept their routines and creations to themselves for many, many years. This allowed them to completely test out the routines and refine them through the years. They didn't just slap a bunch of weak variations on classic effects together and release it to the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:14 am 
born to perform.

ahh i donno.. i think oz is really ok ... he does a good job on explaining things and stuff.. go Oz :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:31 am 
born to perform.

I am not going to say Oz is the best out there, and I am sure he would be the first to hold his hand up and say "there are better out there"
but, he is definately not the worst, and I for one am glad to have somebody with Oz's ability, knowledge, and attitude explaining this stuff to me via penguin magic. When you see Oz perform a routine, or a single trick, he's always happy he's doing it and it shows through. I've seen magicians where it comes across they are only happy you are watching them cos it means you just spent $40 on their DVD.
I saw De Souza's Shapeshifter DVD, now I'm not knocking the guy cos it was informative on that, but he was also demonstrating other ways of doing it that have been developed that he doesn't use, and so was'nt actually able to perform competently, I have never seen Oz say "OK, I'm not really sure how this part works but if you practice....."
Again, I am not detracting from De Souza's ability, I just am glad I have Oz helping me because his mentality of not throwing stuff out there he can't do is a great help, and I look forward to seeing the great things I am sure we will all see from Mr Pearlman in the years to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
oz is not good at explaining tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:17 pm 
born to perform.

He's yet to confuse me, and I'm the nearest thing to a complete noob there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
hes kinda good great magician but definitly not the best out there a lot better ones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

Wow.. This is sad.

Lets start with the positives. Oz is okay, he's nice kind, friendly, and still young.
Negatives, under experienced, no presentation, copies effects.

I can name many magicians alive today that are better than him. Paul Harris, Jay Sankey, Bill Malone, Daryl, Paul Green, Lenart Green, Patrick Page, Billy McComb, Johnny Thompson, Michael Ammar, Jamie Ian Swiss, Max maven, John Carney and Tamariz, just to name a few. Heck, half the guys in my SAM assembly are better because they have presentation. Its very important and Oz is somewhat missing it.

He's still a nice guy though. Give him 10 years and some serious practice and he may be very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:30 am 
Penguin

pyromaniog wrote:
Wow.. This is sad.

Lets start with the positives. Oz is okay, he's nice kind, friendly, and still young.
Negatives, under experienced, no presentation, copies effects.

I can name many magicians alive today that are better than him. Paul Harris, Jay Sankey, Bill Malone, Daryl, Paul Green, Lenart Green, Patrick Page, Billy McComb, Johnny Thompson, Michael Ammar, Jamie Ian Swiss, Max maven, John Carney and Tamariz, just to name a few. Heck, half the guys in my SAM assembly are better because they have presentation. Its very important and Oz is somewhat missing it.

He's still a nice guy though. Give him 10 years and some serious practice and he may be very good.

I have a stupid question here :oops:
hm...What is "presentation"?? I am sorry, English is not my first language...and I looked up in the dictionary..and doesn't really make sense to me..what do you mean that he have no presentation??

I think Oz is a good magicians by the way....but I had read a lot of reveiwes that lot of people are better then him..I don't know..maybe just because I am just a beginner and don't really know other magicians...but so far, I think Oz is a good magaican :roll: just my opinion :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
Presentation is the way they show their trick to people. Its like the way they act when they are doing the trick.

Some different ways to "present" (show) their tricks is: comical (funny), serious, disturbing, mysterious...

Do you understand now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

Starwarsfreak wrote:
Presentation is the way they show their trick to people. Its like the way they act when they are doing the trick. It also involves their patter that they use.

Some different ways to "present" (show) their tricks is: comical (funny), serious, disturbing, mysterious...

Do you understand now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

sry for the double post!!! idk what happened....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:25 pm 
Penguin

Starwarsfreak wrote:
Presentation is the way they show their trick to people. Its like the way they act when they are doing the trick.

Do you understand now?

Yes thank you very much for teaching :D
hm...now I have another question... :oops:
I watched Oz perforemed magic in Born to Preform Card Magic, and other Instant Downloads Demo, I think he is kind of funny.
Why people still think he don't have presentation?