View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Daytona magic festival
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:57 pm 
Penguin

Who's lectures should I see at the Daytona Magic Festival? You can check whose gonna be there at DaytonaMagic.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:52 pm 

If Sankey's still going to be there, you should check out that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 pm 
Penguin

I will be at the convention this year also. I am definately hitting the Sankey lecture as well as the Harry Allen lecture. I looking forward to a number of the guest magician's they will be having this year.

Are you going for all three days? Let me know, maybe we can meet up. Be kind of cool to meet a fellow penguin at the convention.

Noleman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:15 am 
born to perform.

Go to all of them, trust me, if you just go to a few you'll either regret it or never know what great things you missed out on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:25 am 
Penguin

I am going for the full three days. I know I am going to see Sankey. Could I see them all or would the lectures overlap? If you want to meet up PM me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

Some of the lectures overlap, but not by much. You can always walk in a few minutes late. Don't miss any lectures. Like magicdude said, you will regret it if you miss some lectures. Even though you might be late for the lectures late at night, go to them. It will be worth staying up. I went last year and I will be there this year too. I am also going to the private Max Maven teach-in which should be fun. See you guys there.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:12 pm 
born to perform.

I agree about seeing all of them. I went last year and seen everyone, it was tiring, but it was a great learning experience. I would of liked to have atleast touched the beach that was right outside the door :lol: . Maybe this year I can squeeze that in as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:23 pm 
Penguin

Do the magicians sell there products discounted at the lectures. Also they dont teach any tricks or sleightd at the lectures right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:24 am 
born to perform.

sk8freak45672 wrote:
Do the magicians sell there products discounted at the lectures. Also they dont teach any tricks or sleightd at the lectures right.

Most sell things after lectures but not everyone does that. Usually products are cheaper at lectures, sometimes the same, it varies from person to person. Tricks and sleights are usually taught in lectures, some lectures might be on theory of magic, or how to advertise your act, or various things that might not excually have to do with tricks. Generally the tricks that are taught are from a new book or new video thats basically trying to be sold, some lectures might change the way you think about magic forever, others might just seem like a dealer show. Lectures vary alot based on who's lecturing and what the lecture is about, but they're always fun and educational.