View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:12 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well you can't really see me if I've vanished now can you?
DWmagic wrote:
Oz Pearlman is not a Comedy Magician. Look at Comedy Magicians, look what they do with their Magic. They juice all the Comedy they can get out of their tricks. Most make their audience laugh at least every one or two minuites of their perofrmance. Oz pearlman hardly makes his audience laugh at all. The whole point of being a Comedy Magician, is to make people laugh, smile and be Entertained by your humour-in your jokes and Magic. If you don't, your not a Comedy Magician, simple as that.

You also said that you don't think he is good Comedy Magician. Well earlier, you said that he was one of the best, naming him alongside Whit Haydn!

Not correct. I never said I don't think he is a good one. I said HE MAY NOT BE GOOD, but that would not mean he isn't a comedy magician. You're basically saying that "If a person cannot make an audience laugh, he is not comedic". So you believe all those people that do stand-up and never even get a chuckle aren't considered comedians? Oz is not someone who just walks up to a camera, performs a trick and explains it for a job.

I do believe he is one of the funniest magicians because I understand his sense of humor. Whether or not I have seen other comedic magicians, that doesn't mean Oz isn't a comedian and magician. If the newslady on his video didn't exactly mean he is a comedy magician, even though those were her exact words, what did she mean then? Because I'm pretty sure she isn't confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

Whit Haydn, without question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:01 am 
born to perform.

lanamahana wrote:

Whether you like him or not, you'll have to admit he is a comedy magician, again, whether or not you think he is a good one. I do not think he is, I know he is.

By saying that, it means you don't think he is a good comedy Magician.

Ok here is Oz's Watchmagic trailer.
http://www.ozpearlman.com/WatchMagic.wmv
The kind of coments he got were:
"He really knows how to wow the crowd."
"It's good to be so close up while watching the tricks."
"Amazing!"
"In your face magic. It's right there in frount of you."

You see, if he was a Comedy magician, he would be getting comments like:
"Very Funny, amazing magic."
"Hilairious!"
"Excellent combination of Magic and comedy."

The only comment he got about comedy is when it says are you ready for some "Huge Laughs".

Well if you get some Huge Laughs, it doesn't mean you're a comedy Magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:51 pm 
born to perform.

lanamahana wrote:
I do believe he is one of the funniest magicians because I understand his sense of humor.

Your belief is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:53 pm 
born to perform.

k hold it.. no belief is wrong.. its only diffirent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:57 pm 
born to perform.

Anyway... I still think Michael Finney is the funniest magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:38 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well you can't really see me if I've vanished now can you?
DWmagic wrote:
lanamahana wrote:

Whether you like him or not, you'll have to admit he is a comedy magician, again, whether or not you think he is a good one. I do not think he is, I know he is.

By saying that, it means you don't think he is a good comedy Magician.

Ok here is Oz's Watchmagic trailer.
http://www.ozpearlman.com/WatchMagic.wmv
The kind of coments he got were:
"He really knows how to wow the crowd."
"It's good to be so close up while watching the tricks."
"Amazing!"
"In your face magic. It's right there in frount of you."

You see, if he was a Comedy magician, he would be getting comments like:
"Very Funny, amazing magic."
"Hilairious!"
"Excellent combination of Magic and comedy."

The only comment he got about comedy is when it says are you ready for some "Huge Laughs".

Well if you get some Huge Laughs, it doesn't mean you're a comedy Magician.

Wrong. By saying I don't THINK he is, means I'm not guessing! You're saying because I know he is a comedy magician, that I'm not guessing, that I really think he isn't? I'm sorry, you must be really mixed up.

comedian n. 1: a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts [syn: comic] 2: A person who amuses or tries to be amusing

ma·gi·cian n. 1: One who performs magic for entertainment.

If you do not think that those describe Oz, something is very wrong with you people who disagree. I have seen people give reviews about his performances and they do say "he is funny" or "he is hilarious". On almost any website that describes Oz, they'll say he does use comedy in his routines (therefore, a combination of comedy and magic, both as described from the definitions). Learn before you criticize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:05 am 
born to perform.

lanamahana wrote:

Wrong. By saying I don't THINK he is, means I'm not guessing! You're saying because I know he is a comedy magician, that I'm not guessing, that I really think he isn't? I'm sorry, you must be really mixed up.

Ok, sorry for the mix up.

comedian n. 1: a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts [syn: comic] 2: A person who amuses or tries to be amusing

ma·gi·cian n. 1: One who performs magic for entertainment.

If you do not think that those describe Oz, something is very wrong with you people who disagree. I have seen people give reviews about his performances and they do say "he is funny" or "he is hilarious". On almost any website that describes Oz, they'll say he does use comedy in his routines (therefore, a combination of comedy and magic, both as described from the definitions). Learn before you criticize.[/quote]
Everybody has disagreed with you KyletheGreat, pangea, kenjac etc. I’ve never seen Oz call himself a Comedy magician. Go on his website, it doesn’t say a word about being a Comedy Magician. His opening picture doesn’t include any comedy aspects, like every single comedy magician’s website I have ever been on. Someone who just went on his website would not hire him because he is a Comedy Magician. Look at these websites:
http://www.funnymagic.com/
http://www.mackingshow.com/
http://www.magicofstephen.com/
You can tell that all of these Magician’s are Comedy Magicians just by opening the first page. But then if you look at this website:
http://www.ozpearlman.com/
Do you see the difference yet?
[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:09 am 
born to perform.

lanamahana wrote:
I never said I don't think he is a good one. I said HE MAY NOT BE GOOD, but that would not mean he isn't a comedy magician.

He isn't a Comedy Magician. I'm sure if Oz popped into this thread, he would admit it too.

Any magician can deliver a cliché magician joke during a perfomance, such as “do you want to change your mind, or are you happy with the mind you have?” But does this make them a comedy magician? Nope. Delivering a typical, overused comedy line in your performance does not turn you into a comedy magician. A comedy magician infuses joke and laughter into each and every one of his tricks. Does Oz do that? No. Most of Oz's performance are delivered in a serious manner, as if his magic powers were real (Blaine influence?).

I've seen Oz in person many times, I've been to one of his lectures, and I've seen his DVDs. He is NOT a comedy magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:39 am 
born to perform.

Wow... that NY1 video was patronizing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:10 pm 
Penguin

love the Amazing Jonathon hes friggen hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:26 pm 
Penguin

I have to say Bill Malone, Amazing Jonathan, Gregory Wilson, and Jay Sankey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
Walt_Disney wrote:
XOutTheIIII wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, Jay Sankey. He's had me on the floor and just gets one of the best vibes for me.

I agree 100%

Jay Sankey

To me, Greg Wilson. Jay Sankey is not funny, he actually annoys me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

sresell wrote:
My votes go to:

Bill Malone
Jay Sankey
Dave Williamson
Gregory Wilson

agreed.

i actually saw clips of sankey and wilson do stage comedy acts and i was surprised at the level of humor. very different from the magic they do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

wilson and sankey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ben winter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next