View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:07 pm 
born to perform.

o and its nice to see some UK Penguiners here too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

thutley wrote:
I Loved Kevin James' Sawing in Half act, I thought that nothing could get better than Copperfields laser but this was F***ing Amazing,

Ah man, come on, you're kidding right?
This guy is a paraplegic, he has no legs to begin with.
Everybody knows that David Copperfield does have legs, which is what makes his Laser Illusion so visually stunning.
Sure it was hilarious seeing the guy dragging his waistline about, but magically it cannot compare to Copperfield.

Comedic value, yes you have to hand it to Dirty Tricks, because that was their goal. Magical Ingenuity, it's Copperfield all the way out of those two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:56 pm 
Penguin

Its on again tonight... looking forward to it, hope its better this time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

yup its on now, bit better i preferd this escapology trick but another dodgy 'hypnotist'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:11 pm 
born to perform.

The Microwave of Death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, very nice three part trick, great comedic entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:16 am 
born to perform.

last nights was a good one it mad me laugh when they hypnotised that guy lol even if it wasnt real hypnotyism its still a funny part

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:13 pm 
Penguin

yeah, was that Needle through arm the one thats sold here?, the hypnotism looks to be a perminant feature ¬¬ joy, its crap. the escape was classy, and that wierd schitzo rubiks cube thing ruled :P and the corpse dispossl kit, pretyt good presentation stlye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:18 pm 
born to perform.

I don't like the fact that they swear every 2 seconds, it is really annoying. And, the "presenter" is really annoying too. Good show though, magic wise.

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:33 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
They have a different presenter each week, last week they had stephen fry and this week they had that bloke off of shameless. This show is going to be a really big hit and I think it will turn out to be a TV classic.
I think the story trick with the rubix cube was really well presented I cant praise the show enough.
-team buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:42 pm 
born to perform.

i take everything back aobut what i said of how crap that last one was, but i am absoulutely loving this weeeks esp the rubik cube one and the hypnotic one was funny even if it was really fake. The show does hvae alot of humour. I also dont like how they swear like eery 2 secs either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
The swearing doesn't bother me because it's what you expect in a show like this, I mean it is on channel 4, if the swearing offends you then just.....dont watch it. Swearing is a part of everyday life IMO, it is a way of making it appeal to adults instead of children and it modernises it, brings it back on tv and it works. I personally dont notice it.
-team buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:27 pm 
born to perform.

Arkesus wrote:
thutley wrote:
I Loved Kevin James' Sawing in Half act, I thought that nothing could get better than Copperfields laser but this was F***ing Amazing,

Ah man, come on, you're kidding right?
This guy is a paraplegic, he has no legs to begin with.
Everybody knows that David Copperfield does have legs, which is what makes his Laser Illusion so visually stunning.
Sure it was hilarious seeing the guy dragging his waistline about, but magically it cannot compare to Copperfield.

Comedic value, yes you have to hand it to Dirty Tricks, because that was their goal. Magical Ingenuity, it's Copperfield all the way out of those two.

god no-one could walk that good on their hands, or that fast

I was cracking up last night, bloody quality show, I can't wait until next week, Stuart and Barry's long routine where he has voices in his head was genius, I couldn't have even dreamed of a routine that involved

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:44 am 
born to perform.

team_buzz wrote:
The swearing doesn't bother me because it's what you expect in a show like this, I mean it is on channel 4, if the swearing offends you then just.....dont watch it. Swearing is a part of everyday life IMO, it is a way of making it appeal to adults instead of children and it modernises it, brings it back on tv and it works. I personally dont notice it.
-team buzz
You can swear and you can overly swear. This is a magic show, not a swearing competition. However normal swearing may be, i don't think it deserves to be on a magic tv show every 2 seconds.

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:26 am 
born to perform.

thutley wrote:
god no-one could walk that good on their hands, or that fast...

The guy who did that trick has been seen many times on TV, and he has no legs. If your born with no legs you learn how to walk on your hands well, and fast.

The thing that got me about the swearing is that they put it in becuase they think its funny, and I just don't think that swearing is funny. I laugh at things that are actually funny, not some guy who can say ****.

Also I don't think the swearing makes it appeal more to adults, swearing doen't appeal to me. I don't think that it offends people in particular, its just swearing aint' funny.

The show was better than last week. The escape was very good, and so was the routine at the begining. But I challenge anyone to make hypnotism look faker than they managed to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:28 am 
Penguin

Quote:
But I challenge anyone to make hypnotism look faker than they managed to.

lol, i bet next weeks will be slightly worse :P
yeah, the presenter this time want very good, a little annoying, and the swearing isnt funny, i ttoaly agree

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next