View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: After the Show is over
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:05 pm 
Penguin

You've just finished your show. You've packed up and gone home. Hopefully, you have a pocket full of tips or a good check to put in the bank the next morning. What's next...

One thing you should consider is writing down a critique of your performance after the show is over. I keep a notebook with notes that are jotted down after each performance. These notes are then periodically reviewed to help improve the routine in the future. What are some of the things you might look for in your after action analysis?

-Were there any surprising audience reactions that you didn't expect? If so, how do you recreate them in the future assuming that they were good reactions?

-Was there some funny patter that you came up with during the show that you want to remeber for the next performance?

-Was there a problem with any trick and how can it be avoided in the future?

-Was there a problem with props or placement of props that can be avoided in the next show?

-Can the order of your routine be improved to get a better flow of the show to the climax with the last trick?

-How do I rate the overall performance and what was the routine that was used that night?

These are a few suggestions. This kind of journal of experiences is also fun to look back on to see how your performances evolve and improve. You might be surprised at how just the act of writing down these thoughts and observations also spur additional new ideas for your future performance.

Best regards all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Here are some that I feel are the most important parts of the post-show work that will be more for your business, rather than for your show side.

1: During the performance, make not of who is taking photographs, or filming. Find them afterwards and offer to pay for the developing if you can have copies of the ones with you in it. Or pay for a copy of the film. These go in your pamphlets, and web site. VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE PUBLICITY SHOTS FROM YOUR SHOWS!!!

2: Thanks the person who hired you immediatly, and let them know it was a pleasure.

3: Send a thank-you e-mail, or phone call to the person who had hired you. It lets them know it wasn't about the money only. Increases chances of rebooks, and referals as they were a satisfied customer.

4: Check your inventory of brochures and business cards in case you need to order more.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

wayno wrote:
4: Check your inventory of brochures and business cards in case you need to order more.

This one is very important. I have an important gig on Friday and Saturday that I need tons of business cards for. I took a look at my stock of cards on the weekend and realized that I had to get some more. Badly. :shock:

I had to fork over an extra $150US to have my cards (2000 of them)UPSed Wordwide Express Plus just to get to me in time for Friday. Seems like a lot of money for shipping, but that is how important business cards are.

Give them out like candy!!! And order them BEFORE you need them!

8)