View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:26 pm 
born to perform.

I just tell them to and keep saying no. when I am at school and this happens, same thing. keep saying no. I will do it when I want to. then I go out in the hallway and do somthing like a few card vanishes or the hummingbird card or somthing similar. if someone catches how its done and starts to heckle me, I just stop, and leave. that gets most of the people to hate him, considering I am fairly popular with my magic in the main campus area at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:38 pm 
Penguin

lol, this one kid at school thought the way mislead worked was the pencil was switched off for a hologram that I could handle and it looked like it went throught the bill, then I switched it back.

LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:20 am 
Penguin

Darn, I always kill topics, and mmine was a funny one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:58 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
First, don't post your age if you're under 13.

XD Hahaha! That's funny. :P I actually agree, not to be insulting, but you'll seem more professional. (Unless you're a pre-teen that REALLY knows the stuff)

But anyway, yeah, that sucks. Big time. But basically, practice until things are second nature. Walk around all day practicing false cuts. Carry a quarter in your pocket that you palm every 3 seconds. Get the movements into muscle memory so that it's second nature.

Happy magic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:55 am 
born to perform.

i agree too, i hate it when people have ridiculous explanations, everytime i do the erdnase color change, people say, oh i know how that works, its one of those heat cards right??? grr, or like when i do the BOQ, sometimes people say cool where did you get the trick coin? and even when i hand it back to them they think i have like a mouth piece that allows me to do it, im serious,lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

Whats the whole purpose of the dont post your age if your under 13 thing? Is it just for protection or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:49 pm 
Penguin

Man I hate it when Im at a dinner party and all my aunts and uncles and friends are there. Im chillin with my friends and then my dad pulls me over and says do a trick or two for your uncles. I told him I dont even have a pack of cards and he takes out a bicycle deck from his pocket so I always do a quick ambitious card routine. And all my aunts start laughing. And my brother comes in and reveals a fake method on how to do it. I hate that!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:41 am 
Penguin

i'm a little new to magic, not that new, but enough so that ALL of my relatives know i CAN do magic. so i dont hav to worry about that. My problem is that i get too excited when im learning an instant download or somthing that after 5-10 minutes, i go show my dad or some1. (thats the part when i usually mess up. :oops: :oops: :oops: :x :evil: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:17 pm 
Penguin

I have all those problems also! My aunt and uncle were over, and we had just finished talking about how great Criss Angel and David Copperfield were, and my dad goes "Hey, Colin! Come show them a few magic tricks."
OK, I think. I refuse. I have been practising sleights and trick for 5 years now, but it has all been in private, and I didn't exactlywant to start showing tricks now. and my dad goes "What, your not good enough?"

GRRR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:57 pm 
Penguin

i hate it when my dad know how a trick is done and i make a mistake that i know with a simple bit of sleght of hand i can fix and he shouts youve done it wrong who didnt do this................and exposes the secret

i also ahte when someone asks you to perfom and then tells you all these wild and wacks theries on how it was done and i just say you wanted to see it so dont ruin it

dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:33 pm 
Penguin

i have a solution. just talk to ur parents and ask them not to brag about u doing these magic tricks and all. tell them how it ruins the act of being a magician. its always an advantage for specs not to expect anything yet from a magician.

and different approaches should be use against aunts and uncles. their different. and if they try to say something like how u did it. "i respect u uncle Ed but i hope u respect what i do as well" . well thats probably not what u should do, but what i'd do is just make that satisfying look as if u had fooled them. dont have to explain nor prove that their theories are wrong. it could be right but remain calm and look as though u had fooled them all. and by that i mean looking confident. and if they persist that u should do the trick again just say " Surely uncle Ed if u know how its done u dont need to see it the 2nd time"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:17 pm 
Penguin

Thx very much 880330145789 (holy jeese! enough numbers?LOL) I will take your advice nexttime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:59 pm 
Penguin

when the spec comes up w. some crazy farfetched idea, I give watever it is to them & ask them to show me what they mean( in my normal performing environment, I dont use gimmicks) if the idea is actually reasonable, or if they hit the nail on the head u say:" hmmm...that's pretty neat, I could use that sometime, thanks! :D " and theyre all confuzzled 'cause they thought that they just figured it out, and it looks like they didnt. or theyll say "hey, I was just joking!" or something, which is great. If they come up w/ something crazy that would never work, like a gimmick, I show them that I have no gimmicks on, or they explain a no-gimmick method, and I say "but wouldnt u see __________?" or some other suggestion that that would never work in a million years. Dont just shut down and say "NO!!!THAT'LL NEVER WORK!!!" 'cause then they get suspitious. just subtly suggest to them that what theyre saying wouldnt work.

hope this helps! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
I love when someone at school thinks I push the card up with my finger when I do Rising Card. I prove to them that it can't be done like that, so they still denie that. then I give them the cards and tell them to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm 
Penguin

I know the feeling of being pushed to do a trick and the people don't even try to enjoy the experience, and ruin it by making a bunch of off the wall guesses. Usually I jump at the chance to perform, but sometimes I don't want to 'cause I don't have something to work with, or don't like doing it for that person.
So what I do is just throw the lamest of the lame trick at them. You don't want to entertain them (and they obviously don't want to be entertained) so don't. If you just pull a quarter out of their ear every time they will stop asking. My signature bad trick is hold an object up so they can see it, then say "Okay, now close your eyes." And if they don't I insist. Then when I hide it and they open their eyes I do a very dramatic show of how empty my hands are, like I think I'm so cleaver. They laugh, and that's the end of it. This is also the "trick" I use as a starter trick for friends. I do this "trick" so they laugh and don't take me seriously, then I blow their minds with something REALY good. It always catches them off guard.
You gotta' remember though, as a young kid your not going to' get a lot of respect. Your aunts probably think you’re still cute with you magic. But now is the time to learn, and hone your craft and style, and learn from these bad experiences. You'll be able to react so well to stuff like this when you’re older, as opposed to a guy like me who is older but still new to magic.