View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Wrong Advice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:49 pm 
Penguin

I see many people say that we should not preform around a heckler. WRONG! I believe we should try to fool everyone to show anyone the art of magic, not just some guy who is afraid of this someone just because he is going to find out his tricks. Avoiding hecklers is just another way of saying '' I don't do real magic'' That shows we are not special. 'Cause if one person could find out our tricks, that encourages many others to find out our tricks as well. So I say go out there and preform with confidence show those hecklers a thing or two about magic and who we are. Stake your claim fellow magicians. Do not fear the hecklers (or the girl you like) and continue to preform for everybody.
My words of encouragement
-The Peace Maker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:16 am 

That is not the reason, the reason why it would be best not performing to the so called "hecklers" is due to the fact that they do not *deserve* to watch the performance. They have no respect for the magic or for you as a magician, so showing them magic just to prove yourself that you can actually fool them is just plain silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:09 am 
born to perform.

The job of a magician is to entertain, not do something that shouts "haha I fooled you punk!".

Hecklers to not get the entertainment quality of magic, they simply want to ruin the experience for us and for others. It is therefore not possible to entertain them.

Fool them, sure thats possible. But that isn't really what our purpose is.

Magicians entertain
Con Men fool

Post subject: Re: The Wrong Advice
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:53 pm 
Penguin

Magic_Man101 wrote:
Avoiding hecklers is just another way of saying '' I don't do real magic''

We don't do real magic. It's theatrical! Sorry, for stating the obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Magic_Man101 wrote:
I believe we should try to fool everyone

Going out there to trick people is going to create hecklers you fool. The whole problem with hecklers is that a lot of them feel you're trying to make them look like a idiot by tricking them. They'll make up crap to tell your audience how something is done to let everyone know just how smart they are. Some of it may be true. And your audiance may not buy it, but some will, and either way, the energy and atmosphere of your show is ruined.

We aren't into this art to make people feel stupid. That is just insensitive. As much as I hate hecklers, I also can appreciate the various psychological factors that are contributing to their behaviour. Not our fault, not their fault. It's just the way it is, and I'll put a quick end to my show, before I lose my cool and rip into some heckler for spoiling the show. Hecklers are an occupational hazard, and must be treated as such.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:54 pm 
Penguin

JCH wrote:
The job of a magician is to entertain, not do something that shouts "haha I fooled you punk!".

Hecklers to not get the entertainment quality of magic, they simply want to ruin the experience for us and for others. It is therefore not possible to entertain them.

Fool them, sure thats possible. But that isn't really what our purpose is.

Magicians entertain
Con Men fool

Very well put. This is true, that's the point of us doing magic, to entertain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:32 pm 
Penguin

Why cast pearls before swine?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:27 am 
Penguin

wayno wrote:
We aren't into this art to make people feel stupid. That is just insensitive. As much as I hate hecklers, I also can appreciate the various psychological factors that are contributing to their behaviour. Not our fault, not their fault. It's just the way it is, and I'll put a quick end to my show, before I lose my cool and rip into some heckler for spoiling the show. Hecklers are an occupational hazard, and must be treated as such.

8)

I think that is really ture :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:41 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I believe we should try to fool everyone

that exactly the atitude that will get you mor hecklers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:29 pm 
Penguin

i agree with you guys. but i also think that you do want to try and fool the hecklers because it is your job to entertain everyone. so if you fool them once or twice then they might give in, shut their mouths, and just enjoy the magic.

-3-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:27 pm 
born to perform.

Trying to fool hecklers to "get them to shut up" just creates antagonism and a competition between you and your audience. THat is something you do NOT want to create.

When it because The magicians vs. The spectator(s) then the entertainment is lost, it merely becomes a competitiion and a battle of wills. THe purpose of you being there to entertain is lost.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:34 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
Magic_Man101 wrote:
I see many people say that we should not preform around a heckler. WRONG! I believe we should try to fool everyone to show anyone the art of magic, not just some guy who is afraid of this someone just because he is going to find out his tricks. Avoiding hecklers is just another way of saying '' I don't do real magic'' That shows we are not special. 'Cause if one person could find out our tricks, that encourages many others to find out our tricks as well. So I say go out there and preform with confidence show those hecklers a thing or two about magic and who we are. Stake your claim fellow magicians. Do not fear the hecklers (or the girl you like) and continue to preform for everybody.
My words of encouragement
-The Peace Maker

I think THAT is the wrong advice...Magicians arent around to trick people, we are around to entertain people