View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:57 am 
Penguin

Quote:
thanks for not trying to say that blane is bad. Well if blane did not make magic more popular then how did he get you into doing magic......He got you into magic becase at the time you probaly wanted to be like him, but in the long run he did make magic more popular becase he got you into magic

did you read my post

read again, here il help

Quote:
he did make magic more popular,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:52 pm 
born to perform.

I just read your post agan why did you want me to read it agan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:01 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
David Blaine is a good magician. Is he skilled at sleight-of-hand? NO. He is a good magician because of his good misdirection and presentation. He did get lucky when he got on TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:37 pm 
born to perform.

I am going to disagree with you when you say that he is bad at slight of hand if you cant do slight of hand good then you cant do magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:43 pm 
Penguin

Safefer123 wrote:
Well ya but still David Blaine was the first person that ever made it popular. And I think Criss Angel is a big Fake that uses Paid Actors for his specs And I also think he uses camra tricks in almost all his tricks

I am not shure if you realize this or not, but shows like chriss angel - mindfreak would have come around anyway. eaven tough blane was the first with a major street magic show, if he didn't do it someone else would have. As far as the effects go, chriss does not use actors the difference between chriss and blane is simple. Blane used stuff that has ben around for a while now, and chriss comes up with new illusions. Illusions that really pack a punch. Just becouse you cant figure out how it is done does not mean its camera tricks.
ALSO on a presonal opinion, magic a lot of times is about acting, and chriss is a way better actor than blane. Blane has the kind of monotone like when he "spit" the snake into the backpack.... Not having the monotone he had might have ben better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:44 pm 
Penguin

Safefer123 wrote:
I am going to disagree with you when you say that he is bad at slight of hand if you cant do slight of hand good then you cant do magic.

While i dislike Blane i have to agree with you on one thing, Blane is a great magician, yes at slight of hand, as well as misdirection).
The man is not too popular, or liked... But he is good i wil give him that. Mabe as far as great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 am 
Penguin

i said in my post a bunch of stuff including:

Quote:
he did make magic more popular

in response you said a bunch of stuff including:

Quote:
Well if blane did not make magic more popular then how did he get you into doing magic.....

see were im goging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

PJHMarine wrote:
David Blaine is a good magician. Is he skilled at sleight-of-hand? NO. He is a good magician because of his good misdirection and presentation. He did get lucky when he got on TV.

Regardless if you like him or not, saying that is absolutely absurd.

-Tony

Post subject: Re: David Blane is Best
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:46 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
Safefer123 wrote:
I think the Best magiction is David Blane Beacase he is the first person ever to make street magic famous. Without David Blane A part of Magic would be missing, Without David Blane Criss Angel would not Have done that show beacase ther would be no street magic. So if you think about it David Blane is the best Beacse he Invented Street magic.

I dissagree Blaine did not invent Street Magic, He just got lucky with it on TV. Street magic has been around for century's, and can you tell me a trick Blaine invented?
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:32 pm 
born to perform.

Safefer123 wrote:

I did not say he was bad at sleight-of-hand, just that he was not really good. And you can do magic without sleight-of-hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:38 pm 
born to perform.

I dont know how you could do magic without slight of hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

Pay_Back wrote:
Quote:
ya but if you ask me good magic dose not need personality.

I wont ask you then

dont ge tme wrong ill be the first to admit that Blaine is what got me hooked on performing magic, and I quite posibly would not have ever tried it if it wasnt for him
And this was my response If david Blane did not make magic more poppular then how did he get you into magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:57 pm 
born to perform.

Safefer123 wrote:
I dont know how you could do magic without slight of hand.

Self-working tricks. Not the best, but no sleight-of-hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

Actually that's not true. Most "self working tricks", especially card tricks do require a bit of sleight of hand. For example: take a "do as I do" card trick. MOST are coined as "self working" but still involve a few very simple "moves." I mean where is the brightline for self working where it goes into "sleight of hand." I mean there's no real such thing as a "self working" trick. Otherwise there would be no need for a magician to perform the trick.

Post subject: Re: David Blane is Best
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:35 am 
born to perform.

Team_Buzz wrote:
Safefer123 wrote:
I dissagree Blaine did not invent Street Magic, He just got lucky with it on TV.

While I agree with you that he did not invent street magic, I have to disagree with you when you say he got lucky. Luck has nothing to do with it. David Blaine put together a solid team (including Paul Harris, who helped him come up with the "street shaman" persona that everyone here has been criticizing). You dont just end up on TV by luck, he put together a team and worked to get a studio to back him. Pitching an idea to tv executives is a lot of hard work. It wasnt luck that got him on tv, it was vision and hard work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next