View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: pickpocketing experience and tips
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:54 am 
Penguin

i have mastering the art of pickpocketing and it has very good teaching
i am very new to pickpocketing and did my first steal last week i stole this persons wallet ive also tooken 3 whatches and only got caught twice
but i made up an excuse when i get caught i always say oh i forget to ask can i use this for a trick then i'll just say oh nevermind and give the item back to them

what do you guys do whenyou get caught :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:35 am 
Penguin

i hope you gave the wallet and watch back, if not that is a serious crime and you should be arrested. Takeing advantage of magic material to steal is not only wrong its a disgrace. I dont mean to point fingers at you for all i know you gave it back but im sure there are people out there doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:37 am 
Penguin

brockensword wrote:
I hope you gave the wallet and watch back, if not that is a serious crime and you should be arrested. Takeing advantage of magic material to steal is not only wrong its a disgrace. I dont mean to point fingers at you for all I know you gave it back but im sure there are people out there doing it.

ya I GAVE ALL THE STUFF BACK AND I ALWAYS LET THEM KNOW THAT IM AN ENTERTANER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:40 am 
Penguin

come on people any advice to say when you get caught trying to pp someone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:42 am 
Emperor Penguin

run :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:10 am 
Penguin

Punisher2099 wrote:
run :lol: :lol:

lol thats funny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:36 pm 
born to perform.

Personally I believe that pick pocketing is one of the worst things you can do unless your at a gig where people know that you are the entertainer. If your doing it to strangers on the street your risking a smack in the face.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:29 pm 
Penguin

kenjac wrote:
Personally I believe that pick pocketing is one of the worst things you can do unless your at a gig where people know that you are the entertainer. If your doing it to strangers on the street your risking a smack in the face.

Alex

ya i know i think that people should show people that they are a entertainer the if their nice then pp them then make an awsome reveal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:43 am 
born to perform.

Not what I meant. If I go up to someone on the street in England and say "I'm an entertainer" and then take their wallet; I'm going to get hit. However if I'm at a party, where I've been asked to come along and perform for people, and I do a pick pocketing routine where I pick wallets and such and immediately hand whatever I take to someone standing near by (while your spectator doesn't know about this), then it becomes entertaining and not at all threatening. See what I mean?

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:58 am 
Penguin

ya thats what i ment if you show people that your an entertaner do some tricks to them then you could even say i also do pickpocket magic then that might help a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:29 am 
Penguin

i use it as an last effect as they walk away......keeps them guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:09 am 
Penguin

ya same here i usually do it last then when they walk away i say o ya i almost forgot is this yours ,or ill put pocket a card then do a crappy card effect then when they leave ill say WAIT!! I ALMOST FORGOT CHECK YOUR POCKET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:37 am 
Penguin

brockensword wrote:
I hope you gave the wallet and watch back, if not that is a serious crime and you should be arrested. Takeing advantage of magic material to steal is not only wrong its a disgrace. I dont mean to point fingers at you for all I know you gave it back but im sure there are people out there doing it.

Pickpocketing as taught on all of these videos is for entertainment and done in a way that the audience pretty much knows what is going on and the "stooge" doesn't. Watch steals of course can be hidden from anyone, but there is no fun in it if you don't show you did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:40 pm 
Penguin

I like the advice in On The Spot: crack a joke. Seriously, joking about the situation can get you out of a heap of trouble, pp related or not. Also, as I think was mentioned elsewhere, don't start off dipping, start off with some slight of hand or whatnot, close personal contact in an entertaining way. If you do that then when you are caught it's a whole lot less threatening for the person, they KNOW you're just messing with them and they don't get upset. It also relaxes them if they catch you and you just laugh it off and keep going, it can sometimes even make the steal easier.

My first attempt at a steal was with a really odd type clasp, it took me seven tries before I got it. I just incorporated it into the routine as sort of a running gag, then when I finally did get it without their knowing, it ended up being a much better reveal because of the all the gaffs in the build up. The best out I've ever found is humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:21 pm 
Penguin

well personally, i thinks its awsome to do. I return the stuuff to them after i do it as a part of my show. Like ill hand them all the money and say ' is this yours?' then their Id, then buisness cards,etc.. untill i give the entire wallet back. I dont recomend keeping it because a freind of mine did that and a undercover cop nailed him fast and hard. now hes serving 1 and a half years. Not good.If you7 get caugt in the process cover with something like, "you should keep better track of this, if i was a theif I could of takin it right from your nose," make your self look like a good guy. !_!