View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: david blaine freaking made magic more popular
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:54 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 134
for the last freaking time, i said it again and again

he DID!!!!! make magic more popular

DID DID DID DID

i never said he didnt make magic more popular

ill say it again

david blaine made magic more popular

we clear now???

Pay_Back wrote:
Quote:
he did make magic more popular,


he also wrote:
Quote:
he did make magic more popular,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Were I want to be...
ok ok ok ok we are soooooooooooo clear now man sorry for the Brain Fart I had.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Blane is Best
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Were I want to be...
odomenech wrote:
Team_Buzz wrote:
Safefer123 wrote:
I dissagree Blaine did not invent Street Magic, He just got lucky with it on TV.


While I agree with you that he did not invent street magic, I have to disagree with you when you say he got lucky. Luck has nothing to do with it. David Blaine put together a solid team (including Paul Harris, who helped him come up with the "street shaman" persona that everyone here has been criticizing). You dont just end up on TV by luck, he put together a team and worked to get a studio to back him. Pitching an idea to tv executives is a lot of hard work. It wasnt luck that got him on tv, it was vision and hard work.
Oh I did not know he had a big studeo to back him up I thot that he just got a cam and one of his frends and When on the street to vid then he paid a T.V. chanal a bunch of money to put him on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 103
sorry my friend but ur topic is indeed funny.although I am not a very knowledgeble person,I can count a number of names whom Blaine can not even close to.in my opinion, David Copperfield is the best magician.because he entertained the World.he is known across the World.when u ask Copperfield to people,everybody can explain his at least a few illusions.not only in US,but across the whole WORLD.another point that people forget about Copperfield is that he is also very very good at sleight of hand.u can not show almost a single branch of Magic that Copperfield did not perform.coins,cards,mentalism,other close up stuff and of course grand illusions...what did Blaine do?believe me very very few people know about Blaine out of US but Copperfield is known in everywhere.of course Blaine is a great magician too and I love most of his stuff.however he can not equal Copperfield and lots of other magicians like Lance Burton,Vernon,Marlo and tens of others.another point I do not like about Blaine is that he thinks he is better than Copperfield(if u watched his appearance on Carson's show(sorry for spelling),When Carson talked about the tornado fire stunt of Copperfield's in a very bad manner,Blaine said:"it was not even live..."so what?why does he need to insult Copperfield?anyway...)so....Copperfield and lots of other magicians are way better than Blaine (and Angel of course) although I also think that Blaine is a talented magician...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Were I want to be...
Okokokok I get it you people do not like Blane I love Blane I think he is the best beacse he got me into magic and his magic is not to good to be true Like Criss Angel. But I am not going to make fun of Criss Angel Right now. And I have to admit that Criss Angel is good at magic ( If you want to watch magic Thru A T.V.) I just Think Blane is the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 2384
Safefer123 wrote:
Sorry I said it wrong David Blane did not make street magic he was the first person to ever make it very popular.


I think you do not know what street magic originally was and is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 2384
PJHMarine wrote:
David Blaine is a good magician. Is he skilled at sleight-of-hand? NO. He is a good magician because of his good misdirection and presentation. He did get lucky when he got on TV.


I David Blaine's presentation is horrible, but his sleight of hand is somewhat good as far as cards go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 103
Safefer123 wrote:
Okokokok I get it you people do not like Blane I love Blane I think he is the best beacse he got me into magic and his magic is not to good to be true Like Criss Angel. But I am not going to make fun of Criss Angel Right now. And I have to admit that Criss Angel is good at magic ( If you want to watch magic Thru A T.V.) I just Think Blane is the best.

well...if u say that Toyota is better than Mercedes just because it is ur first car,that is funny just like the thing about Blaine.if u think Blaine is the best,and u won't change ur opinion,so why did u make a post like this?BTW,you said we do not like Blaine...most of us do like him.we would be the first to see his new special.but,liking him is different and saying he is the best is different.I hope I could explain well...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 803
Location: Were I want to be...
Ok I get it sorry for makeing it seem like you dont like him. I just think he is the best beacase all the other people on the T.V. that do magic use stooges so if you get what I am saying it is kinda like I know That Blanes Magic is not done with stooges becase you can buy the magic he dose on the internet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:30 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 874
Location: England
In my own personal oppinion I believe that Blaine (NOT spelt "Blane") has obviously done his fair share of practice as he can competently perform his selected tricks. However to say he is "the best sleight of hand artist" or "the best performer" just goes to show that your knowledge of all the magicians and performers out there is fairly narrow.

Jamy Ian Swiss, an example I have used so many times, can not be seen as a worse performer or sleight of hand artist than Blaine. It is a fact that his views on magic, his theories and his dexterity are superior to the majority of magicians including Blaine. Until you see his work and the work of a wider range of magicians it is unfair to say that Blaine is "the best".

As for the public's view on magic it is apparent to me that Blaine did inspire and impress a great number of people. He made the public more aware of magic rather than making it more popular with them. After his show there wasn't so much of that steriotypical view of a magician; the man with the top-hat, rabbit and cards up his jacket sleeves. That I have to thank him for.

His style, however boring or annoying you may think it is, worked. Yes, the camera and the crew encouraged people to take notice to begin and it is likely that they did up the reactions but that doesn't mean to say that his style doesn't work. Since that his style, in my oppinion, does work means that it is unfair to criticize it becasue it does not suit your tastes and views of magic.

In conclusion I have to admit that I admire Blaine for the influence he has had on people to begin magic. I also admire the hard work he put in to get where he is, especially after his very much loved mother died as he was working at it. This is my own personal view and is not an invitation to further this argument as I just felt that I should post this.

Thanks

Alex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Posts: 455
ya if it wasnt for Blain magic would be almost GONE :o by now!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Blane is Best
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 1052
Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon
Magic_Man101 wrote:
Safefer123 wrote:
I think the Best magiction is David Blane Beacase he is the first person ever to make street magic famous. Without David Blane A part of Magic would be missing, Without David Blane Criss Angel would not Have done that show beacase ther would be no street magic. So if you think about it David Blane is the best Beacse he Invented Street magic.
First of all sonny, David Blaine did not create any tricks whatsoever... Second of all, get your facts straight. David Blaine was not somone who made Street Magic popular. He just preformed it on the streets making HIMSELF popular. And third of all what you said is COMPLETLY baised on opinion. Btw: Copperfield kills David Blaine


How can you compare Copperfield and Blaine? Even though their names are both david, street magic and stage are entirley different settings that can't be compared in my oppinion.

~Just my 2 cents


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:19 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Apr 2005
Posts: 929
tKd_ wrote:
PJHMarine wrote:
David Blaine is a good magician. Is he skilled at sleight-of-hand? NO. He is a good magician because of his good misdirection and presentation. He did get lucky when he got on TV.


I David Blaine's presentation is horrible, but his sleight of hand is somewhat good as far as cards go.


How do you know what David Blaine's presentation is like? I dont have a clue, the only magic I've seen him do is on TV. I'm not claiming Blaine is the best, but he is definetly not the worst. What you see on tv is rarely what the performers do in real life. Why would Blaine use his real patter on TV? So people can steal it? If I was going to perform on TV, I wouldnt use my regular patter, I wouldnt perform any original effects. The second you perform something on TV, its no longer your routine, the second it airs, the routine now belongs to the world. Don Alan is a great example of this, his act has been ripped off more than anyone elses. If you dont like Blaine's TV specials, thats fine, I doubt anyone who complains about Blaine could make something better, if they could, they'd be on TV. And if you dont like what you see blaine do on tv, thats shouldnt be a reflection of what he does off of tv. If people are going to hate Blaine for what he does, they're going to have to hate every magician who worked on his specials, including Paul Harris and Bob sheets to name a few.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:32 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 140
Location: United Kingdom
Safefer123 wrote:
ya but if you ask me good magic dose not need personality.


i like the way you spell does


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:42 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 4709
Location: EU
sce3ps1 wrote:
Safefer123 wrote:
ya but if you ask me good magic dose not need personality.


I like the way you spell does


It's a typo :roll:

But I do like how false and naive that statement is... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.