View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can someone point me in the right direction?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:50 am 
Penguin

My dad is a cop, so I am good friends with the officers in the local police station. I would like to know how I can learn how to escape being handcuffed with a pair of thier handcuffs. I have only briefly tinkered around with rope escapes, so I am pretty new to Escapeology. Please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

dixie doleys dvd, cannon great escape. pm me for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:48 pm 
Penguin

Punisher, the Dixie Dooley DVDs do not cover jack-crap in the way of handcuffs.

Draidum, buy a cheap pair of ratchet cuffs, take one of the keys and hide on your person where it is still accessable for you, and do the escape behind closed doors.....it's that simple. Go to discounthandcuffwarehouse.com and take a look at some of their cuffs. They have some really nice stuff for around $20. to $25.....S&W, Hiatt, Peerless, and more.

Cheers, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:31 am 
Penguin

:!:

Last edited by me4928 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:06 pm 
born to perform.

theres also that really bright thingy with a handcuff key at cannons.
save you some time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 pm 
Penguin

Most standard police cuffs all work using the same key. SMith and Wesson I believe is one of the current manufactureres. Get one of the keys and you should be all set. If you know anyone on a police force, they may give you one of the extra keys that come with these sets. If you are going to be doing this as a challenge act, be careful. However, if it is less formal, ask to examine the cuffs before the show, verify that your key works, and then invite the person up during the show. I've taken the key and hidden it in a tt and then allowed myself to be searched for any type of gimmick. They will not suspect a tt. They will do a pat down and check pockets. I then have a cloth screen held in front of my hands and "do the work", stow the key back in the tt and reveal the cuffs off the wrist. You can even lock the cuffs into each other. Also, be aware of cuffs that can be double locked. This makes you do a little extra work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 am 
Penguin

You can buy universal keys for just a few dollars.

Post subject: Oh please... spare us!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:53 am 
Penguin

You forgot to mention,

"A website selling products and manuscripts to put money in the pocket of the guy it is all about".

Quote: "A site dedicated to the art of escape"???

Nope.

Dedicated to sales and money making only.

A website designed to make loot and nothing more.

A website promoted here to lure in young inexperienced and unsuspecting escape artists who are led to believe they will actually learn something from it's contents when in fact all they will really learn is shameless self promotion.

Not the website of a currently performing escape artist, that's for sure.

Try telling it like it really is for a change...

Signed, one who knows better.

Post subject: Obviously all made up
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:36 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, sure.

The videos on my site, the media write ups, the press, the "live" in-studio radio show appearances, the downloadable T.V. spots, the client listings, (only partial), the letters of thanks from television network producers, stage managers, etc, yeah, they must all be fake.

Not bad for an "internet escape artist".

It appears to be time for you to up your medication or see an optometrist.

Either that or book a good shrink.

Perhaps all of the above.

Steve Santini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

mrescape wrote:
If you want to get started on the right path and avoid all the (Internet EA's) or better known as (Arm Chair) then you are invited to the #1 Escape Artist website on the net.

A website devoted to the Art of Escape and about a real Escape Artist known the world over as The Greatest Living Escape Artist, even surpassing The Great Harry Houdini! Mr. Escape Steve Baker. No relation of course!

So stop by and have a look around and see why Mr. Escape is Past, Present and Future, The Best There Is! The Best There Was! And The Best There Ever Will Be!

They don't call him The One And Only, Mr. Escape for nothing!

His mind is the key that sets him free!!!!!

You dont help, you dont give real advice, you only give adive that promotes you are your stuff, not the art of escape like you should be doing. so do us a favor and go back to magic cafe and stay there. I sure dont and never will consider you the best living or dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:01 pm 
born to perform.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Mr Santini on this one as I am his age and more than likely started about the same age. Steve Baker was never that well known, sure he did some TV specials and most of us have been on TV at one time or another. He named himself as the wolrds greatist, I did not vote for him to have that title, but then again I am The Great Zambini / Magic at its' Best. So does that mean that I am the best magician out there, no it is just publicity (making a name for yourself) and no I am not jelous, have done escapes for over thirty years unlike performers who have someone design an effect for them, tell them how to do it and then they just go through the motions of performing someone elses effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:52 pm 
Penguin

ask your dad if you could borrow his hand cuffs. after you play around with them you will begin to learn how they work. i just use stiff paper clips to make picks.
the only hard part is finding a place to hide the pick on your person that is easy and quik to get to.

Post subject: "The impossible situation"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:32 pm 
Penguin

One thought you may like to consider...

In one of my escape books I talk about what I call, "The impossible situation".

This is where you get locked in such a way that psychologically to the onlooker you could not possibly use a pick or key even if you had one.

i.e. hands cannot touch, fingers and thumbs are also bound, etc.

And, you POINT THIS OUT TO THEM!

Another take on this psychology is if the restraints you use are rendered impossible to open with a key or pick after they are on you, i.e. sealed keyholes, welded keyholes, etc.

Steve Santini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:08 pm 
born to perform.

HAHA! HAha! ha, haaa. oh. oh that was good. thanks steve baker. you really are a funny guy. you shoodve been in standup comedy. all you would have to do is say things like you did. that was HILARIOUS! better then Houdini, best there ever was is or will be. ha! thats great stuff man. o by the way, this topics bout you :wink:
PS wuts up with referring to yourself as Steve Baker? Steve Baker gets no negative meh meh meh meh. You sound like Bob Dole.