View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:47 am 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
k88 wrote:
Ok sorry Timah, I just had to join in :lol: but what about Buzzy here lol

Team_Buzz wrote:
My turn.
I can't wait for the special, It's going to be so kool!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Team Buzz

-K

I am above the LAW :lol:
Anyway it is on tonight so I can't wait. I was going to miss it because I was due at a meeting, it has been cancelled so I can now watch it.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:44 pm 
born to perform.

Oh no! I might have to go out to this dinner party thing god damit! And VCR is broke cant record stuf! :evil: :!:

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:47 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
k88 wrote:
Oh no! I might have to go out to this dinner party thing god damit! And VCR is broke cant record stuf! :evil: :!:

-K

I shouldn't worry, it will be shown on E4 every night for the next 50 weeks :lol:
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

can't wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:13 pm 
born to perform.

That was very slick. As ever, I am very impressed by Derren Brown.

That was so original as well!

Derren Brown is a great showman, and he really gets people thinking... Loved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

darn i only got to see the last 15 mins. I didnt actually know what was going on though ..

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:05 pm 
born to perform.

Brilliant, original, brilliant, unique style, brilliant, kinda funny and did I mention brilliant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:40 am 
Penguin

that was cool
im studying Millgram and his experiments in my phycology classes at the moment too, so i thought id give ya a little background (see DW? it is a serious forum :P)

millgrams experiment was originaly only on men, and showed that 66% of all particiants went to the full 450, and 100% went to the 320 mark.

he later repeated the experiment with only women and found the exact same results.

then he repeated the experiment, but using men and women, where the men would "electrocute" the women, the ammount of men who went all the way dropped to below 30%, but when it was reversed, 50% of the women "electrocuting" men went the full 450.

some other phycologists then said that the only reason people went the full way was because they believed it was a real experiment, they said this was because it was being held in the prestigous Yale university, and that if it was to be repeated in a less prestigous place, the results would be drasticaly lower.

so milgram moved to a downtown office and repeated all the experiments and found all the results to be the same.

since then allot fo other people have recreated them in different countries with variyng results, (in spain 80% of people went the whole way for example) but all showed above 50%.

Ta-da! :) oh yeah i know my stuff, this Mock is gonna be easy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:51 am 
born to perform.

I'm impressed Alex. :wink:

Well Derren was as good as ever. Can't really say much more! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 am 
born to perform.

I saw in the program that a lot of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) was used such as the anchoring technique.

I hate to admit it but after watching that program I have a horrible urge to go shoplift some Winegums. That was possibly the most entertaining Derren Brown special I've seen so far.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:37 am 
born to perform.

AlexWright wrote:
that was cool
im studying Millgram and his experiments in my phycology classes at the moment too, so I thought id give ya a little background (see DW? it is a serious forum :P)

millgrams experiment was originaly only on men, and showed that 66% of all particiants went to the full 450, and 100% went to the 320 mark.

he later repeated the experiment with only women and found the exact same results.

then he repeated the experiment, but using men and women, where the men would "electrocute" the women, the ammount of men who went all the way dropped to below 30%, but when it was reversed, 50% of the women "electrocuting" men went the full 450.

some other phycologists then said that the only reason people went the full way was because they believed it was a real experiment, they said this was because it was being held in the prestigous Yale university, and that if it was to be repeated in a less prestigous place, the results would be drasticaly lower.

so milgram moved to a downtown office and repeated all the experiments and found all the results to be the same.

since then allot fo other people have recreated them in different countries with variyng results, (in spain 80% of people went the whole way for example) but all showed above 50%.

Ta-da! :) oh yeah I know my stuff, this Mock is gonna be easy :D

I am studying Psychology :wink: at the moment. You forgot the main reason Milgram carried out the experiment. Milgram wanted to find out "are Germans different?"
You also forgot to mention that Derren Brown broke nearly every psychological ethical issue there is. In the name of "Entertainment" Psychologists can get away with anything. An example of this would be "Big Brother" which in a way is sort of like Zimbardo's prison experiment.
-Team Buzz
P.S. I got a C in the Mock at AS level. My real exam is on the 11th wish me luck :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 pm 
Penguin

well im watching this! i cant wait tok see what happenes! trhanks for telling us all DW :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:14 pm 
born to perform.

well I recorded it because I was listening to MagicBroadcast, I watch that last 15 mins, it was okay I guess I was freaked out by that big tent thing and the white titles saying how they were completely erased of bad from this etc etc that bit was freaky

nope, still doesn't beat some of "Hardcore" Mentalism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:58 am 
Penguin

lol, thanks buzz. so i cant spell :P
yeah, millgrams original purpose was to find out if people would do nasty things to each other just because they were told to be an "authority figure". e.g. the Nazi exterminations during the holocaust.

i havnt started zimbardo yet, but we've done a little background.

and yeah, how come derren brown is allowed to break all these ethical guidelines? guess it shows how sick we are for all enjoying watching their suffering... oh well :(

nice mock grade :) good luck with the real thing dude, tell us how ya did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:08 am 
born to perform.

AlexWright wrote:
lol, thanks buzz. so I cant spell :P
yeah, millgrams original purpose was to find out if people would do nasty things to each other just because they were told to be an "authority figure". e.g. the Nazi exterminations during the holocaust.

I havnt started zimbardo yet, but we've done a little background.

and yeah, how come derren brown is allowed to break all these ethical guidelines? guess it shows how sick we are for all enjoying watching their suffering... oh well :(

nice mock grade :) good luck with the real thing dude, tell us how ya did!

If it is a show for entertainment purposes, Psychologists can get away with almost anything, Look at the thing that channel four did, when they made people think they were going into space, that also nearly broke all of the ethical guidelines going!!! Going back to Milgram, I wonder what Baumrind thought of them doing the experiment again :lol:
BTW the first thing I made myself learn in Psychology was how to spell it :wink:
-Team Buzz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next