View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Worst explanation from a spec
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:22 am 
Penguin

what is is the worst explanation that you have gotten from a spec when you get done with a trick...personally i will do a trick and and some one will say i saw that. to which i replied what did you see? they take the deck from me and trry to do it for a sec and then say "well i cant do it but i know that you took that card and fliped it". i cant help but laugh so let me know i am curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:01 am 
born to perform.

It wasn't really an explanation, but it was still funny.
I was getting a haircut and I decided to do a magic trick to the hairdresser. I did Balducci, having no cards on me. She freaked out! Afterwards, she asked me if I got sick after like David Blaine. :?

-magicBmx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:50 am 
born to perform.

I did a D'lite routine for a hall full of people... A couple of days after I was talking to a kid who said he reckoned I had someone in the back row with a laser pen :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:46 pm 
Penguin

there's this one guy who said i did something like a DL, he took the deck and tried to do a DL but he couldnt and he said he didnt have finger nails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:07 pm 
Penguin

Once you get good enough, your only reaction will be "It's because he/she is magic."

I usually don't perform a trick until its been perfectly practiced to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:52 am 
Penguin

I did spirit key for my class, and this meeloper (dutch for someone who just walks around trying to be like everyone else and copying people) sayed that there was a button. I let him look at it, then he sayed i blew it to make it move. I let him blow as hard as he could, and it didn`t buge. Then a few minutes later, be tried it on this own key, and had his hand compleatly vertical, and tried to make me jelous, and impress everyone. What a dumba$$!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:33 pm 
Penguin

Signed card to pokcet:

"you have a special pocket that has a full deck in it, and when you say the name of a card, that card comes out"

paperclipped

"the folded up card is a bunch of cards put together, and when he unfolds it he hakes all the cards except the one I pikced and throws tem away really fast"

Thought force

"He hypnotized me into thinking of the card. That's how he did it! I saw it on the discovery channel!"

The thought force one is actually not that far from the truth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:14 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
I was doing an Ambitious card routine. i let the spectator sign the card.. I even let a couple others sign the card. Anyways, i was done with the trick, and this guy says that i had a duplicate of the exact signed card. He said that someone was behind me and was signing an exact same card with these peoples signatures... Everyone looked at him and my guess was that they thought he was a complete idiot. Hey, that was my reaction too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:20 pm 
Penguin

I did the pass and the rifle pass a lot in a row to confuse someone. Then they started shouting that they knew how I had did it. People crowded around him and he said I had flipped some card over. Then everyone started saying he was right, but when he tried it he said "I can't do it, but that's how you did it". This was total BULL because I had done it about 5 seconds before he even said anything and I slightly turned it so it was impossible to see anything. I had rifled through the deck though, and he said it was during then....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:58 pm 
Penguin

If you catch a glimpse of a card during a pass it looks like something is being turned over, so its more likely thatr he caught a flash than he was making it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

I performed Crazy Man's Handcuffs and someone said that I was using, and I quote, "Some sort of a trick rubberband" I wasn't too sure how to react, seeing how thats the first time I've ever something that stupid, so I gave her my rubber bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:15 pm 
Penguin

Someone thought my Invisible deck was rigged :lol: But then I flipped through the cards and they were like, dam, and thought that it wasn't rigged :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
someone thought I pushed the card with my finger when I did a rising card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:05 am 
Penguin

I was doing an ambitous card to a fairly-new, know-no-sleights, all gimmick, young magician, and he accused me of using a Svengali deck. I let him look at the deck, and he said "O, you probably switched decks or palmed half the deck out" -Got a laught out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:25 am 
Penguin

i did this penny and dime coin switch thing and this guy is like let me see the coins and he was gonna show me how i did it and all he was saying is you put the dime in their hand "then you do somthing" then somthing happens and there switched, lol and he acted like he just figured me out lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next