View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:40 pm 
Penguin

I do tricks all the time at school and rarely get heckled. If someone is bothering me I just ignore them and show other people. Im a freshman and alot of people old or my age enjoy it very much. The only downside is Im constantly being asked to do tricks for people and it does get a little annoying but I still enjoy their reactions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:07 am 
Penguin

[quote="exodus"]IF they jump at you, throw a Fireball (Flash Paper) at them. My teacher didn't care if I used fire as long as I didn't pull out torches.[/quote]
how do you throw a flash paper ball i mean how do you light it and all that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:55 pm 
born to perform.

Performing at school is a good idea. It's good to gain experiance with all types of audiances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:46 pm 
Penguin

When i am at school everyone knows me as the magic man too because i do magic for my teacher's and friends and people i don't even know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:47 pm 
Penguin

When i am at school everyone knows me as the magic man too because i do magic for my teacher's and friends and people i don't even know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:56 am 
Penguin

Most magicians who've performed in school and elsewhere say that school is the hardest place to perform. If you learn to perform there, you will have no trouble with other people.

And I've done the Hummingbird Card in a locker room full of people, including freshman, which are the worst high-schoolers do to tricks for.
I didn't have a problem, and nobody should, just have good crowd control and be selective about who sees your tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:58 am 
born to perform.

neilkauffman wrote:
how do you throw a flash paper ball I mean how do you light it and all that?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:14 am 
Penguin

ima stage magian i dont have heckler probs lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:21 am 
born to perform.

Location: ~looney~ veggies are good when they dance mommy! i like dancing!!!! sjfgdfyfydxyhdfydgpenguinnnnnnnn
exodus wrote:
IF they jump at you, throw a Fireball (Flash Paper) at them. My teacher didn't care if I used fire as long as I didn't pull out torches.

are you serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:07 pm 
Team Penguin

VHolk wrote:
ima stage magian I dont have heckler probs lol

Stage magicians get them to, and one day, you will...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:54 pm 

magician515 wrote:
exodus wrote:
IF they jump at you, throw a Fireball (Flash Paper) at them. My teacher didn't care if I used fire as long as I didn't pull out torches.

are you serious.

Rarely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:14 pm 
Penguin

I barely perform magic at school. The only tricks I used to do in lunch were The Raven and ACR. I had crowd control but some people used to come up to me and take a card and say "now read my mind". Well I had a one ways force deck so I knew what card it was but I stopped performing magic at school because there are too many idiots. I just perform magic for my friends if they ask me...thats it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:36 pm 
Penguin

i think that if you are having alot of heckler problems that either A there are way too many idiots who dont get the fact that it is supposed to entertain them and they are just ruining it for them selves. or B it is in your presentation that maybe you need to practice that trick more first. I have gotten freinds that wanted me to teach them magic, like they actually wanted to do tricks and get better and i made sure they were serious and then tought them well. but if you create some type of respect for each other then you will be fine. this is why no one trys to figure out copperfeild. because he is so accomplished that every one respects him. i realised that and then i tried to figure out one of his tricks and i did.(just that one, not even worth mentioning any further). it isn't that his tricks are very deceptive, but that he forces you to respect him when he performs. if you get heckled alot try to make it more of just a fun thing, not trying to trick someone. last year i sucked really bad and every one allways figured me out. but since then just over the summer i have gotten so much better that i can show someone the same tricks and blow there mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:19 pm 
Penguin

I usually perform a money routine at lunch with kids lunch money. It's great, as long as I do it to the right people. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:29 am 
Penguin

excuse me, but have you ever heard of croud control?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next