View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Nervous HELP!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:33 pm 
Penguin

Guess why your so nervous? Because you were brought up into magic the wrong way. You probably don;t even own a single classic book. All you perform is gimmicks and that is the reason you are nervous. You dont want the audience to ask to see whatever you are performing and you don;t want the HIGHER chance of screwing up and revealing the secret of the stupid items that you are getting ripped off by buying. -Max

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:37 pm 
Penguin

gtxby33 what is your problem. This kid has a problem and you have to go off on him. He is a youngster that is interested in magic enough to take the time to try and learn some tricks, unlike 99.99% of the people who think they are entitled to be told. You have no idea how he was brought up in magic. He did say when there are more people he has touble doing sleights so he is beyond the very basics most likely. Since you didn't post your age in the other section there is no way to tell how old you are but whatever your physical age your mental age is apparent to all. These pages are to help other magicians in a constructive way. Magicace888,for example, was one of the worst and he appears to have matured enough and has learned his lesson, and he is only 13,I hope you can also.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:47 pm 
Penguin

Coke one thing you may want to try is establishing a little more control over your performing area. For instance, if you do your tricks at lunchtime position a desk or table between you and your spectators. If you are doing stand up and they are crowding around you just tell the people getting too close to back up so everyone can see.Or tell them they need to step back because you are new to this trick and something might go wrong and you don't want anyone to get hurt. Anything so you are in control of the environment. Know the people you are performing for, you should know by now who the pain in the butts are so be extra careful. Lastly practice the tricks until you can do them in the dark. This way when you are doing the trick you can keep your eyes on the potential problems.Finally check out the other sections here at Penguin such as the one liners section so you will know how to handle the people that feel it is their job to show you up. GOOD LUCK and don't let mental midgets slow you down

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:05 pm 
Penguin

yeah, thanks rkurtz. and gtxbx (whatever), how do you know how i have been brought into magic? i will admit, i have probably spent a little too much on gimmicks, but i do have the basics of sleight of hand down.my proble, is controlling my audience and my nerve. by the way, i am nearly fifteen