View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 pm 
Penguin

openwire wrote:
swallow the needles with thread and pull them out of my stomach on thread.

Are you reffering to GYPSY thread?..

Yeah post a video of the "quarter in arm" trick that you do..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:01 pm 
Penguin

No problem, I dont have a video of me doing it at this time and I ran out of 'materials' but give me about a week or so and Ill see if I can get some thing on here for you guys. Ill surely get something on here for you though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:24 pm 
Penguin

Ok this is what I am going to do, since It is going to take far too long to prepare this and I dont really have the extra money to buy the materials right now (because my main vehical broke) every one who asked me about the trick and wanted me to post a video or what not I will share the trick with YOU and YOU ONLY via PM, Considering the long setup it takes it will be up to you with the information I provide. As always you will be held to the same rules that apply and I ask you to please not reveal what I am going to tell you. Thanks I hope you guys enjoy.

This will be a very few and select people, Im going to review a few of every ones posts. Sorry guys, but Im not making any money so I would rather not give it out to more than 2... or 3 people at the very most.

However I strongly believe that by passing on some of the things I do that are still in the starting stages others can improve on them. I would more than any thing like to see more people redoing old tricks and keeping people guessing. This trick is very entertaining and I would like to share it with a few people so that it can be passed on to other in the same form of entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:48 am 
Penguin

Sorry to hear about your car, that really sucks. Anyway, I definatly sent you a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:49 pm 
Penguin

georgio wrote:
openwire wrote:
swallow the needles with thread and pull them out of my stomach on thread.

Are you reffering to GYPSY thread?..

Yeah post a video of the "quarter in arm" trick that you do..
gypsy thread is when you restore thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:13 pm 
Penguin

My favorite trick has got to be the one where Criss jumps through his partner. It's a great illusion!!!!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:19 pm 
Penguin

ya its realy versatile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:21 pm 
Penguin

[Deleted - please don't ask for exposure - JG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:44 pm 
Penguin

Deleted by Jared for full exposure of the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:07 pm 
Penguin

openwire wrote:
I highly doubt this is camera editing or stooges, I do a version of this trick where it moves under my skin, I wasnt doing it with a signed quarter when I first started but I have since adopted a method to do so. I came up with the way I do it my self, but perhaps the same way has already been recreated. I dont know, but I havent found any thing like the way I do it yet. I have recreated a few of the tricks he does, another I do is swallow the needles with thread and pull them out of my stomach on thread.

How bring it to penguin and sell it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:45 pm 
Penguin

how does he do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:19 pm 
Penguin

georgio wrote:
get CARD FROM CHEST by Kieth Lack... Same principle, and it blows people away.. I did it the first time today, and its awesome.

Kieth Lack description...
"Sounds like a classic doesn't it? I love to do this one for my magician friends as they always think I am going to pull out some pretty wood chest in the end and take there signed card from it. But this is not the case at all. Here is how it goes. After the signed card is lost into the deck and mixed, the performer reaches into his breast pocket to pull a small case from it. All magicians looking on suspect that it will not be a card from chest after all but from a wallet. BOOORING............. But when the case is opened, all that is there is an Xacto knife. At that, the knife is removed from the case and the performer unbuttons three or four of his buttons and pulls his shirt open to reveal his chest. Complete with hair, nipple and all. Suddenly, the performer plunges the knife into the fleshy area of his chest. A small incision is made and the performer pokes his fingers into the cut. All this is done just inches away from the spectator. Suddenly he slowly pulls a card from his chest cavity. It is the spectators signed card. You can make it as bloody or non bloody as you like.

Signed Card from Chest comes with all the necessary items to create this street startler. The special FX chest piece, Blood and Blood bags, Special Xacto knife and case, Hair and the special needle to punch it in with (we realize some people do not have hair on their chests so we send the chest piece hairless and the instructions to add hair realistically to your prosthetic), Lastly, you get the complete workings of the effect and the patter in a nicely illustrated color pamphlet. It will also cover things like maintenance and how to color match your chest piece to your own skin color. You will need to supply your own button front shirt. This device can be used to pull rings, coins or any small flat object from your chest. Please do not confuse this with shoddy less realistic FX wana be magic recently seen on the market. This one will send them screaming."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:25 pm 
Penguin

where can i find this sined card from chest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 pm 
Penguin

Wow, I cant believe this post was revived after all this time. My version isnt AS clean, doesnt use a signed quarter, although I have thought about a few methods to use one, and the coin doesnt move very far at all. (About 1 inch under the skin, just enough to freak people out). The setup is VERY long and it would be of best interest to go out and do this almost the second you set it up. You need various materials, although not cheap, not exactly easy to find unless you buy them off the internet. Trust me, Im not going to pull an E or an Expert Magic for that matter and take the biggest garbage some kid sent me, camera edit the crap out of it and make it look like gold, and sell it. I will tell it to you how it is and those are facts of the version I do. I dont think its suitable to be sold and if you watch Criss do it its actually really easy to figure out. (the basic mechanics of the trick that is) I dont know how he does it with a signed quarter because I dont do that in my method, duplicate signature technique you dont see before they start? I dont know. I do know how he makes it move almost a foot down his arm but its too expensive, not to mention very hard to find the right material (Unless you are a magician with an unlimited budget on your tricks *cough*) to make the quarter move that far.

*Also with my website coming up soon I will try to have some demo videos on there with some tricks. If I find the time I will try to get this one setup and post a video on there of me doing this trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:13 pm 
Penguin

I have a method that I use for a version of this trick. I'm not sure if it is the same as the way Criss does it or not or the same as anyone else does it...this is my own method which does use a signed quarter but does not require anyone else to be "in" on the trick. Totally solo. It depends on the fact that people will always see what they want to see.

This is my first post so I hope some of you find it useful (even though it has been about a year since this thread has even been touched).

I am not going to post a full reveal but I will go ahead and post how I use a "signed" quarter.

1) Get a group of 3-5 people and introduce yourself, ask their names, shake their hands...be entertaining...but PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR NAMES.
2) Prior to performing the trick you have taken a quarter which you wrote on with a perm. marker and then smeared before it has had the chance to dry. Likely you're going to have a hard time getting it to look right initially so you're probably going to have to use a few quarters to get the right "smeared but not too smeared" look. I usually write down a few (4-5) random letters starting with an "A" or an "S" and then again...smear it. You want it to look like writing, but too smeared to be able to read. I can't stress enough that you will likely have to do this with several quarters before it looks right.
3) Pick someone out of the group that you just met who has a name that is close to the length of what you wrote on the smeared quarter and preferably starting with the same first letter (a luxury you will not always be able to get...if not the coin should be too hard to read to matter anyway).
4) Have them sign the quarter in the same spot you signed yours...IN PRINT! I usually make a crack about "preferably in Times New Roman 12 point, it's easier to digest." However you want to do it is your own thing...but be entertaining. Don't just say "please write your name in print and hand it back to me" in a flat monotone voice. Make conversation so that they don't focus too much on "why is he having me write in a specific place in a specific type of writing."
5) Swallow the quarter.
6) THIS PART IS A SECRET...how you get a quarter under your skin AND make it move is up to you. I have my own method which I find works well.
7) When you cut the quarter out the very fact that there is maker writing on the coin is enough for 99% of the population. If they look at it closely just make a comment that "the blood must have smeared it a little..." As I said earlier, people will see what they want to see. And the fact that they just watched you pull a quarter out of your cut open arm is going to throw them off enough that they aren't really going to be that concerned with a full examination of a bloody quarter. Make it bloody though. It doesn't look believable that everything would be smeared by a drop or two of blood.