View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: That one guy???
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:40 am 
born to perform.

Me and my friend, who is 30 yrs old. Went around a shopping center where our local magic shop is at and we were filming us doing some street magic stuff and trying to get good reactions, and everyone it seemed said "Hey you ever see that one guy....You know that one guy on TV" and they can never think of that "one guys" name.

Also when I am at my work doing magic for people they also do the same thing. "You ever seen that one guy.."

Now they are saying.. " Yea now they have another new guy that is now on TV."

And eventually at my work my friend just had to bring up the masked magician. "Have you ever seen that one masked dude? He was awsome" then he starts to reveal all these tricks he remembers that the masked magician tought, to everyone at my work. Then they all wonder why I don't just tell them how I do my tricks. And I tell them its a rule, never tell the secret. And then everyone at my work gets mad and they keep bugging me about it.

I know a lot of people here know what I am talking about.

Just thought I would type down what happen last Saturday.

Thanks,

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

yeah this sucks BIG time !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 am 
Penguin

I waz at my m8s 18th party last year and this person waz like have you eva seen that person on the tv that throws da cards at thw window and one sticks to the window, I was like yeh and he said do it and I said I can't and he waz like your s**t lol , and then later on in da party I was doing some magic for some random people at the party and did card throuh da window while he was there and he shut up for da rest of da evening lol :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:28 am 
born to perform.

I don't mind the whole David Blaine thing. I just turn it into a joke. Yeah, they usually can't remember his name, but I tell them. "Oh, you mean David Blaine?". They say, "Yeah!". I say:

"David Blaine ain't got nothing on me", (purposely done with a cocky attitude)..then I say, "No, seriously...he doesn't have my phone number, my email address...nothing...he doesn't write...he doesn't send flowers anymore...".

Say as much as you want. It always gets a laugh for me.

The other thing regarding people wanting you to expose your secrets, I just tell them:

"Why would you want to know how it's done? Because if everyone knew, then there would be no magic."

No one has ever bugged me after that.

Quote:
And I tell them its a rule, never tell the secret. And then everyone at my work gets mad and they keep bugging me about it.

As far as this being a "Rule", I personally don't go this route. I let them know that I choose not to tell for the same reason mentioned above.