View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how does youre ACR look like?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 pm 
Penguin

ok mine has 4 or 5 phases depending on my mode, by phase i mean how many times does the card come to the top

my ACR is something like this

first 2 phases are typical a Vernon tilt(or is it Marlo?) and then a DL
this setes up the mood very well, no need to be smart about this just to make it difrent

next is a bit from Card College were the card is placed in a fan and apears face up on the packet in the other hand, this gets huuuuuuge reactions, far beyond what i expected

this next thing is optional depending on the crowd, i put it in the midle, drop the deck on the table and the card aparently jumps to the top face up(pass + outjog)

the last phase is the kicker, were the card goes face up in the midle of the deck is wraped with a rubber band both lenghts and witdh wise, and the packet is tossed from hand to hand and on the count of 3 the card pops up face up trough the deck and the rubber band, preety sweet, i think this is kind of original

so how does youre ACR look like, and is there any particular patter you enjoy most

Whit Hayden has a realy nice plot for example, very funny stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 pm 
Penguin

I vary it up every time, but I always do the Braue Pop Up trick second to last. Then, as a kicker, if the card isn't signed, I make it come out of a sealed pack of cards. I have yet to learn how to make a signed card do that.

- Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:32 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
I do the BTP routine. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:41 pm 
born to perform.

in my ACR the card only "comes to the top" regularly once. the rest of them have some new spin on it. it keeps it pretty interesting. I would also encourage other people to invent their own routine. especially those just using the BTP routine. it is a good routine, but its not yours. im not saying you dont have a right to use it, im just saying it will never fit you as well as a routine that you create. I spent a while thinking up mine and its one of my favorite routines to perform because it is almost all my creation. in presentation, and mechanics. it also includes a couple of my original moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 pm 
Penguin

mine has 4 phases... hard to explain... but marlo tilt is in it too. there is one move i dont know what its called... the card is on the top and u slide it to the right abit... then u drop it on ur hand and the card flips over face up... i use that alot now... somehow ppl are amazed..
i use different styles all the time. there are just too many ways to make the card jump to the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:27 pm 
Penguin

I have been tinkering with a seven phase routine. I do the routine from Born to Perform(card to top, card to top of spectator's pile, card to mouth, bent card to top), then I do an Erdnase color change, a snap change, and card on ceiling.

It gets pretty good reactions. They are usually not too impressed with the first three. The bent card gets pretty good reactions. Then the Erdnase change gets decent reactions, the snap change even better, and the card on ceiling still better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:33 pm 
Penguin

I have been tinkering with a seven phase routine. I do the routine from Born to Perform(card to top, card to top of spectator's pile, card to mouth, bent card to top), then I do an Erdnase color change, a snap change, and card on ceiling.

It gets pretty good reactions. They are usually not too impressed with the first three. The bent card gets pretty good reactions. Then the Erdnase change gets decent reactions, the snap change even better, and the card on ceiling still better.

Post subject: Re: how does youre ACR look like?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:34 am 
Penguin

1st post :mrgreen:

i used to have a long ACR after watching daryl's performance on youtube, maybe not quite as long as his but it was over 10 phases long so when i figured out i can create my own ACR i made it quick and simple :P

mine goes face up spread for a selection and turnover pass it to the top---->put the card in the deck face up and either classic pass or side steal it to the top---->perform a top change and let them place the card in the deck and then they also lift the card---->as my finale i do card to mouth which i think gets the best reactions ever
then i sometimes do card to pocket to hand the card out as a souvenir

Post subject: Re: how does youre ACR look like?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 am 
Penguin

This reeks of exposure to me, even though the routine is a classic.

-ArchAngel_G