View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: True...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:17 pm 
Penguin

Yes,

I began doing escapes (documented in media reports) at the age of 14.

I am now 42 and still doing them.

Baker began his work first as a basic magician, then a movie stuntman, then tried at mentalism, and finally found his way into escapes.

It seems that his work at solely escapes in fact occupied a period of only 10 or so years.

Steve Santini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:49 pm 
Penguin

True. But Baker did do the Tribune in something like 68 right? I'm not totally sure when he stopped, I think you both have been doing it much longer than 10 years though.

Post subject: Tribune Towers escape
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:58 pm 
Penguin

To my knowledge, you are correct about the date of the Tribune Towers USD jacket bit.

However, this was a single publicity generating release and did not denote the beginning of a career solely dedicated to escapes alone.

It was sandwiched in between a career as a magician, a mentalist, a moive stuntman, and the occassional escape performer.

It was only a good deal later that Baker went full time as a soltary escapist doing nothing but escapes.

In any event, it does not matter what I say.

The proof is in the press record and existing source facts.

Some of which used to appear on Baker's own site.

Steve Santini

Post subject: If it helps...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:04 pm 
Penguin

I guess when one needs it, any publicity will do.

Even negative publicity.

Steve Santini

P.S. Jealous of WHAT? That was a good one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:12 pm 
Penguin

I would say the only person needing publicity would be you Santini! Once again you stirike at others instead on standing on your own merits.

The only negative press Steve Baker gets is from you and your bandwagon of gypsies! I'd call that not only jealousy, but envy! Keep dreaming Santini, someday you might even play to a larger crowd than a phone booth will hold.

Post subject: They would disagree
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 pm 
Penguin

Funny stuff you just posted.

I am certain that the over 15 million people who saw me on live national T.V. in the first two weeks of Jan 2006 might just disagree with you on that one.

So would the tens of thousands and even more who have seen me live over the past 25 years.

So would the countless newspapers, radio stations, and television networks who have profiled my work.

Oh well, whatever.

You keep telling your little fables.

After all, who knows?

You may even find someone foolish enough to believe you.

It will have to be someone who obviously cannot read because a pile of the proof is on my website at www.thedarkmaster.com

In any event, see ya Steve, gotta go now.

Working on even bigger escapes for even bigger venues.

I would suggest you do the same.

After all, the future waits for no man...

You should know that old pal.

Later, Steve Santini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:55 am 
Penguin

Ha Ha, now that is very funny Santini. Did you fall out of bed and hit your head again?

Remember who's dime your on Santini! By the way, you steal any more transcript ideas?

Keep dreaming, one day you just might move beyond the Edited fests!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:30 pm 
born to perform.

mrescape, Steve if that is who you really are ! Talk about slander, Mr Santini is just stating facts and you are the one doing the name calling. I on the other hand will not do eather of these. But the way you talk shows me that you are eather not Steve Baker ( and if you are not then why are you using his claimed name "mrescape"?) and if you are you most deffinatly do not come across as very professional and should stop all of the name calling. And just to let you know, I am not a teen, I have done escapes since I was ten and now I am 46 just did not have as many TV breaks as others and that is OK because I know what I have done and that I have done it well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:51 pm 
Penguin

Zambini you are either blind, illiterate or both. I don't know what you are reading, you obviousley cannot comprehend. Further more, I don't know what you are talking about! I will respond no more to these blatant attacks from the likes of you or Santini!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

your the one who was attacking in the first place. so leave, its fine by us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:03 pm 
Penguin

Steve, Mr. Escape

Did you forget to take your medication today?

Post subject: It is probably the real guy...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:06 pm 
Penguin

Hi Zambini,

No, it is probably the real Steve Baker.

How do I know this?

Because the sorts of posts he has made here are just the same type of posts and things he has said about me elsewhere to whoever will listen.

Guys like you and I know that it is working and trying to get one foot up on being unique that determines any actual success.

Such, or any, success does not come from trumpetting to the world at every opporunity, "I am the GREATEST!"

Life, all aspects of it, simply does not work this way.

I will not go into gory details because this forum is supposed to be for people to share and help out others in escapes, but the "stolen manuscript" thing that he is going on about only convinces me 100% that this IS Baker.

You see, about 2 or so years ago I worte a book called , 'Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Entertaining With Escapes".

The book I wrote was not a technical "how to" but instead how to structure an act, how to book yourself, promotional tips, etc.

Apparantly, Baker claims that since he had it in his mind that he was oneday going to release such a book himself I somehow "stole" the idea from him.

I mean I literally reached inside his head, read his thoughts (more than 100 pages of them), copied them into a book and released it.

This has to be the only possible way it could have happened because the man never told me his plans, his chapter headings, the title, or the contents.

Perhaps I am a better mentalist than an escape artist!

In any event, despite rational and sane people trying to point out to him that I wrote a book of my own with my own ideas, experience, etc, and there was nothing stopping him from doing the same, he went on complaining to less sane and less balanced people about his stolen ideas and the weak of mind, reason, and logic somehow believed him!

And as for why I was kicked off of the Magic Cafe, well, let me just say that there are those who like to run the escapology discussions over there and who do not like anyone to have any imput that does not 1) support what they are saying, or, 2) hold a different opinion or are original creators of unique ideas and concepts.

Sure, there are some good folks over there but there are many who are not and just as many who will blindly follow and back up ANYTHING the head honchos say without knowing one speck of what is spoken of or without doing any research or inquiries of thier own.

This is flawed logic at it's finest.

In a nutshell, I was banned for sticking up for myself and giving the crap right back when it started to fly in my direction.

I assume people come here to read about and learn about escapes.

Not the little Napoloeons who want to rule the world.

Just to be perfectly clear, I do not claim to be the world's greatest and I do not want to be in charge.

I like who I am and the way I do things just fine thank you.

And so do my audiences.

To any real professional that is all that should matter...

Over and out, Steve Santini

Post subject: Credibility
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:57 pm 
Penguin

me4928,
You seem to have a lot of animosity toward Mr.Baker. And a lot of fondness for Mr.Santini. It's no secret those two don't get along and that's their business. But how do we know that you never received this prize, you could just be making the entire thing up. I won a book during the december contest and received it.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:07 pm 
Penguin

actually me4928, you were not cheated. But you did cheat, i heard from sources that you entered into the contest my times, at least 20. They decided because you entered so many times to give it to the first person to get it right in one try, rather than 20. Thats totally logical. You cheated, and dont deserve the prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 pm 
Penguin

and just to let you all know, mrescape is not the real Steve Baker, but a fake. And the real Mr. Baker, does not like what mrescape is doing, and asks of him to stop.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next