View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: magic at school
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:04 pm 
Penguin

me and my frein are the only ones that do magic at school. we do a doubles routen with both of us. first we take two groups of people and do say we are going to do the same trick on both of them. they pick a card and return it to the deck then we shuffle hte deck and say that their card jumps to the top but it isnt their card. we pause and glance at each other and say did u mess up and my freind says me to. then we switch places showing the oppisite group their card. killer every time. can be done with regular deck or svingali deck.

Post subject: Re: magic at school
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:08 pm 
Penguin

Mind divulging the secret? [Edited][/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:39 pm 
Penguin

lol, im probably the only magician at my school. Have you ever had any one get jelous and mess up your tricks, I hate that.what would me a good trick for a talent show?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:22 am 
Penguin

[edited]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:59 pm 
Penguin

hey im the only magi at my school too. Its kind of frustrating when people get mad and grab things to mess up tricks though. wanna trade or discuss email me at slipperyice1507@yahoo.com or IM me at alipperyice1507 Nick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:52 am 
born to perform.

You just have to learn some heckler stoppers. The great thing about peer hecklers is that you don't feel wrong when you are rude or embarassing. You can't do that with an adult, but kid hecklers are more "fun" to deal with.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:52 pm 
Penguin

i'm the only magician at my school to and people always try to mess up my trick. the worse was when someone tried to grab at mt Twisted Sisters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:54 am 
Penguin

i performed magic at my high school with some great success. get into a sponge ball routine is my advice, for 2 reasons: 1) it is close up magic that will fool anyone; and 2) people like to ask you "do you have your balls?" i dont know why, but people ask that all the time. they will start bringing their friends to you saying "look what this guy can do with his balls" its just fun. also, try to stay away from gimmicks. do tricks with ordinary decks of cards, instead of svengalis or invisible deck. although the effects might not be as good, you have a distinct advantage: the spectator can handle the deck and inspect it. bill thru quarter is good to use, but you have to be careful of the angles and make sure no one peeks behind the quarter. i got my reputation at school doing sponge balls and the arm twist, and that was it. i would bring out a deck and people would say "you do cards too?" get 2 or 3 really good reputation makers that you can perform over and over, and that way when you do something new, it catches the spectators completely of guard. i hope this helps, and if you have any more questions email me at jrufl@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:04 pm 
Penguin

Hi, that sounds like a really cool trick [edited]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:52 pm 
Penguin

Hey, Im the only magician in my school to, and just today someone tried to grab my cards for the ultimate monte and cam so close to ruining the whole things cause I had seniors, juniors, and teachers surrounding me, and that would have sucked badly. Almost the same thing with Aces in their Faces too! I hate people like that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

Me and my friends are the only magicians at my school that i know of and i was doing svengali and this one dope knocked down the cards and found out! Dang!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:45 pm 
born to perform.

i know those people suck so bad. thats probably one of the few cons of magic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:04 am 
Penguin

you guys are better than i my magician friend always tries to prevent me from performing so that he can get all the attention

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:09 pm 
Penguin

[edited]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:31 pm 
Penguin

i know that sux. One time someone grabbed at my levatation dollar bill trick..i was pissed

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next