View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:33 am 
born to perform.

zephyrcyrus60 wrote:
any tips and advice on this?

New material.

You may have done ok on your first time out, however you can expect to amaze your audiences often with routines consisting of only Penguin Instant Downloads, and other small effects and common gimmicks.

Don't disregard these books, they're the best sources for you and will give you so much material you won't even be able to read it all(I'm being serious, the AOA series contains loads of good effects most people don't even ever read because there is so much other information in the book aswell).

Atleast consider these books, Card College, Art Of Astonishment, and The Royal Road To Card Magic/Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. You won't be disapointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:15 pm 
Penguin

yes, i would love to get my hands on those books, problem im having difficulty lookig for them here locally.

i could order them, but im still a bit short, and its gona take a while before it arrives if i order it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

zephyrcyrus60 wrote:
yes, I would love to get my hands on those books, problem im having difficulty lookig for them here locally.

I could order them, but im still a bit short, and its gona take a while before it arrives if I order it.

Order them, order RRTCM, it'll take probably a week or so, which is well worth it. And it's only like $10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:11 am 
Penguin

ok, i performed a couple of times and i even added a couple of tricks to my list.

:arrow: torn restored card
:arrow: coin across
:arrow: coin vanish (my own routine, no gimmicks)

hehe... my friend said that im getting better. to those who posted and helped me out, many thanks. i really really appreciate it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:58 am 
Penguin

Hello everyone, I am a college student. I really want to learn magic with free of cost. I know some simple tricks but I would like some more different tricks and street magic. So I want to make some different knowledge for tricks. I have tried Google, yahoo, etc. But they did not give any good reference for free. What is good website to learn free magic trick? So I really want your opinion and suggestions. Thank you very much.

Last edited by netranika on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 am 
born to perform.

netranika wrote:
Hello everyone, I am a college student. I really want to learn magic with free of cost. I know some simple tricks but I would like some more different tricks and street magic. So I want to make some different knowledge for tricks. I have tried Google, yahoo, etc. But they did not give any good reference for free. What is good website to learn free magic trick? So I really want your opinion and suggestions. Thank you very much.

Impossible, their are no websites that will give you professional quality effects for free, and if you are they are generally off youtube and stuff and they are poorly taught, wrong or bad methods and have 0 presentation

Just buy a DvD here on penguin and support magic and you will learn alot faster and be better than you ever have been at magic :D

Last edited by orcishorde on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:25 am 

netranika wrote:

There is a word "TANSTAAFL" remember it It is an anagram for the phrase "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch."

Spend some money and buy some books and DVDs if you want to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
netranika wrote:

There is a word "TANSTAAFL" remember it It is an anagram for the phrase "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch."

Spend some money and buy some books and DVDs if you want to learn.

TANSTAAFL is too short to be an anagram for that!?, well and your right, if you want to learn magic you got to spend some money on it FFS O.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 pm 

You're right. It's not an anagram, but I can't think of what you would call it. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
You're right. It's not an anagram, but I can't think of what you would call it. Any suggestions?

oh, now I get it, the first letters from every word :) confused me first when he said anagram, well there got to be some word for that thing too... might do some search another day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:13 am 
Penguin

My advice is, don't buy any performance dvds. The art of performance has to be learned firsthand, sry2say. If revolver good good reactions, use it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:11 pm 
Penguin

This is how I started with street magic. One of my first dvds were Born to Perform by Oz Pearlman and I practiced and mastered all of the taught tricks there. I had a deck ready on me 24/7 ready to perform when the time comes. After that, I got into card flourishing with Brian Tudor and Dan and Dave and after showing off with cards in public, people will automatically come to you and ask if you're a magician. Of course, you'll reply with a yes and they'll ask for a trick.

1.) Always have an impromptu trick ready to perform without thinking about what to do.

-By doing this, you'll avoid what a lot of amateur magicians get when they meet the spotlight. Brain shutdown. I usually do Dan and Dave's card to mouth as an opener and as they react, I would do any setup that's needed for my next trick. (only sometimes). Other good impromptu tricks include the svengali deck & coin magic.

2.) Don't be afraid to walk up to someone to show them a magic trick. But choose wisely though.

-Don't be afraid to walk up to a family and show them a magic trick. Always introduce yourself as a magician or even open up with something fast like the Fire wallet. "Excuse me sir, is this your wallet?"(David stone)
When I say, "choose wisely," don't walk up to an alley of grumpy gang members and show them a trick. OK terrible example, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

-Chris