View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: never expose your secrets for money
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:17 pm 
Penguin

i was given one dollar to do the tell how to do the floating dollar bill so i showed them how then one kid payd me 5 bucks for a little straind of IT and i thought :shock: wow is he really that stupid to but a strand for five bucks when he can buy a package of it for 3 bucks so i did it and now he does the trick and someone asks how he does it he tells them it is one of the biggest mistakes in magic i have ever done and i hope my greed doesnt get the better of me next time :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:03 pm 
Penguin

yeah never do that again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:06 pm 
Penguin

yeah never do that again. at least you learned from your mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:14 pm 
Penguin

isnt that what all the magicians with dvd's are doing?

i do expose stuff for money but for more than a dollar il tell you that, and only expose what i want to expose and not what they want to learn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:21 pm 
born to perform.

lol ... a buck ? are u serious... oooh my ... im speechless actually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:23 pm 
Penguin

ya it was stupid i'm glad it wasnt by best trick i'll never do that again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:57 pm 
born to perform.

Pay_Back wrote:
isnt that what all the magicians with dvd's are doing?

I do expose stuff for money but for more than a dollar il tell you that, and only expose what I want to expose and not what they want to learn

no, because those are marketed to the magic community, and they cost a good amount of money. if a laymen buys a professionally done dvd or book, then thats great, they have the right to that knowledge. but giving stuff away for a dollar or whatever is cheap and very immature. respect your art, if it is one to you and not just a means of getting attention. I only tell someone something if i am sure they want to get involved in magic and wont just ditch it once they learn a couple of effects. then i might teach them, but im very careful about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:59 pm 
born to perform.

:shock: Are you kidding me? A dollar?!?! That's sad. Haven't you read the rules in EVERY magic book/DVD??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:09 pm 
born to perform.

A DOLLAR?!?!? How much did you pay for it? You just did something no one should do. MAGICIANS NEVER TELL THEIR SECRETS!!!!!!! YOUR HORRIBLE!! tisk tisk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:42 am 
Penguin

like i said, more than a dollar, much more, only SOME EFECTS, AND ONLY TO SOME PEOPLE
if someone is serious enough about magic and is willing to learn all that is involved in it i have nothing against teaching
trust me im very caerful about this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:40 pm 
born to perform.

I've been offerred large amounts at times to expose or show someone how to do a trick. I would never do this! :evil:

Regardless of how little or how huge the amount of money was, and regardless of how serious the offer was, I have NEVER and I will NEVER entertain the idea of someone off the street offerring me money to show them how I did the trick that I just performed. If someone truly shows an interest in magic, I will encourage them the same way that I started. I would tell them to start by going to their local book store and find some books on card magic or coin magic. Learn some tricks and then see how it suits them. They will decide at that point how serious they are. I don't mind pointing someone in the right direction if they are truly interested in magic...but I'm not going to sell the secret just because someone offers me money to do so. That may be a quick buck, but it's just not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:38 pm 
Penguin

i have NEVER sold my tricks for money..

i have one kid at school that i KNOW is serious about card flourishes and i only teach him one or two and i ask him to go to the local magic store. I have never shown anyone my secrets even if they offered me money, sometimes jokingly. At times, i might say "gimme a 20 and i'll show you" and a very slim chance they do, but i always ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS dont give away tricks for money...thank you

Best, Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:10 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
I ALWAYS share my secrets to other magicians in my school that im friends with. But never to lay people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:41 pm 
Penguin

today the same kid said he'd pay me 30 dollars for the secret and the pen to the b-2 bomber trick and i replied that i cannot be bought offf with money anymore i understand now that my secrets need to be kept secret and if he wants it so bad to buy it on the internet (i didnt tell him where to buy it though) and he still kept going but i still said no and he even promised not to tell the secret this time and then i just told him NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

There, now you're learning! :wink:

But, DON'T tell him that you got in from the Internet. It makes you look cheap.