View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Whos your favorite street magician?
David Blaine 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Criss Angel 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Cyril Takayama 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: 3 in a nutshell
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:32 pm 
Penguin

Here is my opinion on how to catagorize the top three street magicians of this decade.

David blaine: He is an amazing actor. He's very good and convincing people, that he is REALLY doing magic. He makes you believe that he is possessed by satan. His tricks might not be amazing themselves. I know if i were to perform the same trick, it would look cheesy, or lame. But, david is very good at taking a simple idea, and selling it to people, and convincing them that its real. Very good acting. He doesn't come off very professional. He comes off as a random guy on the street. I think that really defines what street magic is, just blending in, and not having any sort of appearance of a magician. He connects with people on a deeper level than most people can. He's more emotional, and spiritual than the others, and just that alone, will sell any effect. He can take a crap in the middle the street, and throw some sugar on it, and poeple would eat it, just because he's good at convincing people.

Criss angel: The guy is total hollywood. He's horrible at acting, yet, he tries to do what blaine does, by trying to convince people that he is a supernatural human being. Bad acting, mixed with amazing tricks, doesn't sell that idea. He does have some amazing tricks, and he's very good at them. He has a great team to back him up. Basicly, he's the "brittany spears, or "Click 5" of magic. He's just a hot sexy guy, who is trained to put on a show. He's a product. Just some good tricks, created and invented by other people, hiding behind a face. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I'd much rather see someone like Criss Angel perform these tricks, than some fat loser, who sat in his bedroom for 3 years trying to come up with a cool effect. That fat looser is not probably living off a fat paycheck for selling his effect to his team. ha.. i dunno. but i like criss.. he's a nice guy. Just, not the real thing.

Cyril Takayama: The half japanese/French/american magician. This guy is a "magician". Very professional. He doesn't try to convince people otherwise. He comes off magicy, very flourishy. He has the most innovative, and mind blowing tricks out of the three. Yet, he isn't out to tell people it's real. He comes off more as, a guy who wants to be appricated for the art of magic. For being a sleight of hand expert, and manipulator of objects. By watching his tricks, i've caught on to most of them. It's not real magic clearly, well, cause there is no such thing, obviously. But, the thing about him, is that he is SO good at his art, that he doesn't have to try to convince people that its "REAL". The fact that we know its not real, and even though we watch his tricks, and have that in our minds, his tricks STILL have such a Major impact! I believe that a lot of these new magicians, especially street, try to convince people that their magic is real, so that it has a harder impact and reaction. Which, can be true. But, after a while, people are going to eventually stop believing in santa clause. So what then?.. Cyril takayama is what. A timeless magician, who will never die. because he's not out to fool anyone, just entertain. and magic is an art form of entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:25 am 
Penguin

couldnt of said it any better. i think cyril takayama is the best magician out of the three but i find angle and blaine more fun to watch because of the attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:29 am 
Penguin

blaine: scary

angel: goth

cyril: being himself

best cyril but also blaine and angel are fun to watch..

-russell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:22 am 
born to perform.

I like Cyril the most out of those three, because to me he is the one that has said "I am here to entertain you." whereas the other two just kind of tell me, "Hey everyone, look at me, look how great I am"

I base this on the hjuge amount of advertising the other two put into their events, they want as many people to know as possible, but you mainly see Cyril on his little show with other people having fun, and on the street with random strangers.