View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:17 pm 
born to perform.

id say... i do but if your looking 4 one id ask a cat they have 9 lives :roll:

Post subject: Food for thought...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:27 am 
Penguin

I like the heckler responce best...so I would laugh with the person who said that and then respond to the crowd with the heckler joke and proceed with one of my strongest effects so that everyone knows that what I do is not only a sereous art but everyone would be completely amazed and talk about it for days...weeks even.

Keith Wellman

P.S. Never, stoop to their level and take a hard stab at them, you, unlike him, are a professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:35 pm 
born to perform.

Sunnydolan wrote:
lowgeorge wrote:
come on dun be a wussy in front of a girl, if she tell u to get a life, tell her stop trying to attract my attention, I wun fall in love with you. her face will blush and say crap like no, then u just said now you ruin my opinion of you quickly get away before I kick your [edited].

STOP BRINGNING UP OLD TOPIC YOU darn NooB!!!!!!

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING wrong with bringing up an old topic if you have something, no matter how small, to add. in fact it's better than to post it in a new thread.

Bringing up an old topic with a smilie, or "lol" is not alright. Saying "agreed" is not recommended but at least it's saying that you support the previous post, which backs it up and makes the previous post stronger.

Anyway, to answer the question. To be fair, I think we can all agree that magicians do in fact not have lives. They practise their tricks alone in their bedrooms, cutting themselves off from the rest of the world. Okay that may not be totally true, but you get the point.

I imagine that people will tell you to get a life because you've just got one up on them by fooling them, so they feel the need to get you back. Therefore there's nothing wrong with them saying that.

Don't try and get into an argument with them because a) That's childish, and b) it'll halt proceedings. I think you should just try and end the conversation as quickly as possible. The best thing is to make a joke out of it. I'd most likely just say, "Ouch!" in a faux-offended way, which acknowledges the fact that they got you back without you getting stressed about it.

Or you could take the route of admitting that you have no life but in a semi-sarcastic way. Or you could say you lost it in a magic accident or something. I'm just naming stuff off the top of my head here, which I think is the best way to deal with this sort of thing - off the cuff, random responses.

"Yes, do you want it?"
"No, I must have misplaced it."
"No, but I have a knife."
"Well you see, that's the thing. I have qualities of both magicians and normal people. i don't have a social life but at least I'm cr*p at magic." (If you really want to poke fun at yourself)

That's a bunch of random things I made up on the spot. Since they're ad-libs I can't guarantee they'd be any good, but usually if no-one's really thinkng about what you say they don't have to be perfect. Whatever you say, though, it shouldn't sound scripted. For some reason reciting out and one liners in a scripted manner just sounds wrong to me.

Wow, that was a long post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:11 pm 
Penguin

I always try to fend off heckler comments with a joke or quick confusing answer.

Heckler: "Do you have a life?"
Me: "No, I vanished it last week in a magic accident."

Corny Magician: "No, I suscribe to Time magazine."

Me: <Patting Pockets> "Nope, must have left it at home."

There are so many things that you can say. Don't worry about it. Let the heckler have his small moments of glory, but an entertainer, a performer, commands the stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:39 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a Freakin shoe!!! Why you wanna fight about it!?! Huh?!! Do You!?! Be hating people in shoes?!!!
Sunnydolan wrote:
lowgeorge wrote:
come on dun be a wussy in front of a girl, if she tell u to get a life, tell her stop trying to attract my attention, I wun fall in love with you. her face will blush and say crap like no, then u just said now you ruin my opinion of you quickly get away before I kick your [edited].

STOP BRINGNING UP OLD TOPIC YOU darn NooB!!!!!!
Easy Dolan. You know you have Heart Problems yet you continue to push it. :lol: Now Magic_Roy we know you like women, but try to keep it clean.(even though you aren't here anymore) As for the topic. I suggest brush it off as if it was nothing. Don't take it to heart. Make a comment if you want, but whatever you do don't freeze-up. This could very well kill your performence so far. That is something you don't want.---thesun :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:18 am 
born to perform.

ultimatemagician wrote:
I always try to fend off heckler comments with a joke or quick confusing answer.

Me: "No, I vanished it last week in a magic accident."

Corny Magician: "No, I suscribe to Time magazine."

Me: <Patting Pockets> "Nope, must have left it at home."

There are so many things that you can say. Don't worry about it. Let the heckler have his small moments of glory, but an entertainer, a performer, commands the stage.

Hah, those were really funny. I will use in the future with "lost-the-life-at-home". :lol:

Otherwise if someone asks me that I answer with "Yes do you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:33 pm 
Penguin

Just pat your pockets like you're looking for it and say,
"not on me, sorry, why? do you need to borrow it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:54 pm 
born to perform.

don't perform a school. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:14 am 
Penguin

Ellada wrote:
id say... I do but if your looking 4 one id ask a cat they have 9 lives :roll:

that an ok one i would say "yes i have a life and i am not going to lend it out to you if you really need one then ask your cat he has 9 of them"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:15 am 
Penguin

oops sorry i mis read your post sorry i acidentaly posted the sme thing you; did

Post subject: Re: no life...
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:29 pm 
Penguin

rucusoner wrote:
I was performing to a group of kids and then one kid goes. Do you have a life? I didnt know what to say becasue I never been asked such a stupid question but I said yea what do you think I just sit at home all day long and practice of course I have a life. I just do this for fun... I felt like punching the kid... just another idiot at my school... what should of been said? or what is the better thing to say when placed in that type of situation... also I get a head ache becasue in school I cant just walk away and never see thema gin so I ner stopn hearing, do a trick, teach me a trick, c'mon your my friend you can tell me, I know how you did that, let me try, I can do that, holy crap I cant take it anymore... what do I say to these repetative questions...
I think you said the right thing, but... I don't even think you should have wanted to punch him, thats not the best thing to do, you don't want to lower yourself down to his level, he probably just wanted to get some attention, just let it roll off your back, really will it affect your tricks? If he keeps doing it confront him about it, if that doesn't work confront him with a couple of friends and have them say that it can be annoying when doing a trick, if that doesn't work have a teacher you his or your mom talk to him about it, if that still doesn't work just completely ignore him and tell your audiance to do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:17 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Relax, neither of those two will even see your post, they were both banned I believe. Always nice though to see 12 year olds fantasizing about what they "wish" they could do though, but that is just how magic_roy always was.

A lot of contradiction tends to go on here, people scream to use a search button, then on the other hand whine about old topics being brought back to life. Which is it? They invented archives for a reason, and continued discussion is always a good thing. Not post once and let the thread die.