View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:01 am 
Penguin

Not to take any thunder away from the main post in this topic, but I'd like to share some tips on how to actually get those "ideas" that you can use to follow the methods of creating effects in the main post. How i do it, and I'm sure other magicians do to, is to think of what you would do if you REALLY had magical powers. Now keep this within reason...don't go dreaming up some grand levitation where you float 2 stories in the air. Start with cards, what type of effect would you do if you actually had magical powers, and someone handed you a deck of cards. Think about this and try to think of sleights, or pieces of other tricks that could help you achieve this effect. I'm sorry if this method of getting ideas is obvious to some of you more advanced effect-makers, but i didn't see it in any of the other posts. And it has served me well in all my effect-making. So give it a try...it really can give you quite good ideas.

Haydini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:01 am 
Penguin

i came up with something based off of a card under card box because often there is no space to ribbon spread the cards. so the effect (in the spectators eyes) is that you take the jokers out of the deck and put them in the card box because you don't want them messing around. they choose a card and they see it go into the deck again. you pretend like you can't find it and then you realize its in the box in between the jokers. they take the cards out of the box and there it is. you put the jokers back in the box and then again then they put their card back in the deck. you tell them to cut to their card and when they fail repeatedly you again go to the box and find their card in between the jokers. you say you are going to try one more time and let them put the jokers in the box and you set the box down. they put their card in the deck again and you try to find it and then hand them the deck in hopes that they can find it. they can't. you show your hands and you go to the box and out comes their card in between the jokers again. I just created this. its kind of a combination of a trick in card college 5 which i don't remember the name and a card in box. so far its gotten good reactions but i know i can get better ones.

Post subject: Very helpful post
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:07 am 
Penguin

Thanks for your post-very helpful. I've created a totally impromptu card levitation. No thread or anything. Just a selected card and your hands. Also, created a very easy and visual color change. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:04 am 
Penguin

I'm slowly making a unique trick of combining juggling and magic. I've been doing magic and juggling for many years now. The only problem I'm having is thinking up different ways on making juggling balls appear or disappear. I can understand that what I'm doing is hard, but I could use some ideas for different gimmicks to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I'm slowly making a unique trick of combining juggling and magic. I've been doing magic and juggling for many years now. The only problem I'm having is thinking up different ways on making juggling balls appear or disappear. I can understand that what I'm doing is hard, but I could use some ideas for different gimmicks to use.

Toppit for vanish and a ball dropper for appearance and or color change.