View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The Copperfield and Cyril DVD has been announced, and is now selling! These include tricks, such as:

Self-Drinking Water
Copperfield Levitation
Cyril's park levitation (NO GIMMICKS!)
Cyril's CTW
Copperfield's Sawing in Half illusion
And last, but surely not least, Copperfield's CUT IN HALF ILLUSION, where you can be seen front and back!!!!!

Order now, for only $50.00!!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1369

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:45 am 
born to perform.

ha ha ha lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:21 am 
Penguin

I think so... the Statue of Liberty disappearing was amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

Is there a video clip of him making the statue of liberty dissapear..
if so can someone find it because i cant

-shne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

I personaly think that lance burton is the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:37 am 
born to perform.

Magic_Matts wrote:
The Copperfield and Cyril DVD has been announced, and is now selling! These include tricks, such as:

Self-Drinking Water...

Order now, for only $50.00!!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1369

Hey you lied!

This is just the "Reaction Ad-Libs Starring Gary Darwin" DVD! :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:18 pm 
Penguin

eh, i went to one of his shows, i'm not gonna lie the illusions were amazing, but i dont like him or his style. its like, before he does an amazing tirck with an assistant, he dances with them for 15 minutes. i dont know, just not a fan of his showmanship at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:52 pm 
Penguin

i think he is great! I went to one of his just last night and he did some pretty cool tricks. I like his trick where he vanishes to australia and the other trick where he makes this woman pregnant without touching her =P
that one was funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 am 
Penguin

he takes too long before doing any tricks. It's mostly just patter patter patter. Patter on for like 10 minutes then he finally does the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:02 am 
Penguin

I like Motorcycles to Girls myself. It's not a "magician fooler" but it is one sweet effect. Looks beautiful.

Post subject: grandfather aces
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:45 am 
Penguin

timjoy wrote:
He is not a very goog close up perfomer

I would have to highly disagree here based soley on his "Grandfather Aces" ace assembly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtJqwV6Nww

His technique in that trick is flawless. Watch him do the two color changes on the 2nd and 3rd Ace. Even if you know exactly how he's doing it you can't spot it at all. Ive watched the video over and over and over and I have no idea how he makes it THAT clean.

If you watch guys like Oz or Jay on this site, who are wonderful magicians, you can sometimes catch them if you know how to perform the sleight or even just have a basic idea of how to perform it. But with Copperfield you can watch that video a million times and youll barely catch anything.

For that ONE trick alone I would say hes among the best out there if not the best. I think it would take an experienced magician a long long while to get that routine as clean as he does it in that video and anyone else months to years.

Post subject: Re: grandfather aces
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:05 am 
Penguin

SoundSoldier wrote:
I would have to highly disagree here based soley on his "Grandfather Aces" ace assembly.

His technique in that trick is flawless. Watch him do the two color changes on the 2nd and 3rd Ace. Even if you know exactly how he's doing it you can't spot it at all. Ive watched the video over and over and over and I have no idea how he makes it THAT clean.

I hate to burst your bubble but I am 99% certain that he just played back old footage taken in a studio while he did the trick at the table. So the audience sees a perfect vanish on the big screen while he does a passable vanish at the same time. What you think was live was just studio footage being played back synchronized to his movements.

I don't hold it against him either. If he did it the "honest" way then some geek would play back those vanishes and freeze-frame it and study it and they would catch a flash or two here and there and know how the vanish is accomplished. The very nature of that vanish is one of the rare cases where "flashes are good" in a sense, because if you use too much cover it takes away from the illusion but when you start to strip the cover away then freeze-frame detectives will figure out what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:36 pm 
born to perform.

What's the greatest movie ever made? Gone With the Wind; Star Wars; Santa Claus Conquers the Martians?

Who was the greatest comedian? Red Skelton; Bob Hope; Robin Williams; Spiro Agnew?

Who was the greatest rock band? The Rolling Stones; Led Zeppelin; Grateful Dead; The Monkees?

Who was the greatest illusionist? Servais LeRoy; Howard Thurston; Harry Blackstone Sr.; The Great Mumford?

It depends on what you like. This is SHOW BIZ! What some think to be great, others think to be schlock.

Enjoy the performers; enjoy the shows.

Forget the archaic 'world's greatest' hype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am 
Penguin

i personaly dont like copperfield. like someone said above he dances with a girl got like 15 minutes and eventualy gets into the trick. One annoying thing about him is that when he explains what the trick is called or somehting he usual;y says "its a little bit romantic" i dont see how cutting a woman in half is romantic.

Lance Burton is the best stage magician in my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:05 am 
Penguin

CoCoon. Just watch his performance of this effect. We all know how a sub trunk works, but watch how Copperfield performs Cocoon. It is truly magical. Right down to the lighting cues. Eveything about this effect is done right. If you don't have it, get a copy of grand illusion and study.
Yes, I like the part where Claudia bends over too, but concentrate on the construction of this miracle. It is visual, it is instant and it blows me away every time I watch it. It's not about "how does it work", it's about the execution of the effect. It's the attention to detail.

Copperfield is often criticised for not being a great close-up magician yet no one ever dogs Jammy Ian Swiss for not being able to Levitate, Saw himself in half and Walk through a wall. They are both great magicians, they just do different types of magic.

It is somewhat silly to try and say who is "the greatest Magician" But, If you ask me who the best illusionist is, I would have to say David Copperfield. You may disagree, and when you build your own show, hire a crew to tour with you, manage all the issues involved with transporting, booking, promoting and performing 500 shows a year, I'll listen.

A LIVE show is a difficult thing to pull off. Laymen are currently being bamboozled with a lot of camera tricks. George Lucas is better at this type of magic.