View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: well yeah but...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:59 pm 
born to perform.

yeah...im not sure or not..but i think blaine and criss are buddies (im not sure dont get mad at me :oops: ). but anyway. they al least have now given up their life to do this job and maybe those people arent stooges (im just think out loud) maybe they like watching him....like some people follow a band around wherever they go....so maybe its like the same thing..criss does do his show in a very small part of las vegas. and im not sure..but i think criss angel also uses more than funny camera tricks on most of his tricks.. buy im not sure..i would have to see him live. criss isnt that much of a strret magician but he is a good street performer david blaine is for real and all that..but with the recording ....i see what you mean about that.... but if you want to see what the audience sees and get more practice in..then id go with mirror..but camera is good borfore going out to the streets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am 
Penguin

I'm twelve years old. And honestly, I don't really have that problem with kids trying to grab stuff away from you. I usually do tricks that to them seem just downright impossible (STS, floating dollar bill, hummercard, ultimate transpo, etc.). I think part of the reason they don't ask is because they love what I do, and they don't want to ruin the trick (I do tricks only to the more mature people). But if I did it with my age group, I probably would have this problem you speak of.

-Sam

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:32 pm 
born to perform.

ok yeah..dont do it for yer age group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:45 pm 
Penguin

Don't worry. I have a backup plan to make sure they don't grab anything. :wink: [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:46 pm 
Penguin

Don't worry. I have a backup plan to make sure they don't grab anything. :wink: [/quote]

Post subject: what is it
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

what is it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:34 pm 
Penguin

I have a friend that does magic with me and we kind of take turns doing different tricks so when they say "How'd you do that?", he'll do a different trick and they'll forget all about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

LOL i like it..i can only trust one of my friends with (every single magicain on here is probabaly goign to smite me for this) the secrets to all of my tricks..hes also the only one (besides family) who actually supports me in the whole magic thing...so please i think i have a good reason to tell him..i just told it so dont get mad at me!!!!!!!! (i might be overreacting)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:22 am 
Penguin

I think it's fine to have a friend you can trust to keep secrets. That way he can act like he's absolutely amazed like everyone else :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:08 am 
born to perform.

cool...thanks for the support!!! i thinkevery magicican should have one of those type of friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:19 am 
Penguin

No problem! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:48 pm 
born to perform.

It's often to have a friend in the know, or a fellow magician, so you can show them tricks and ask for advice. Don't forget that since they're "in the know" they will have a different opinion to the laymen you show your tricks to, because they know more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:41 pm 
born to perform.

thats a given..but... if you can do it where they can honestly say..i would be fooled!!!! then you know a layman/or laymen wont figure it out. i did the B-2 Bomber in the boys locker room at school for like over...10 people and i fooled everyone :o !!! noon suspected a thing!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:34 am 
born to perform.

I had a think to myself: when you show a trick to a magician you don't have to worry about a storyline - the plot is that you're going to fool the pants off him, because that's what he wants. Magicians like being fooled because in a world where they think they know all the secrets it can be fun to remind them that after all they're only human.

On the other hand, laymen do not like being fooled, at least not in a way that implies that you are better than them. Therefore your presentation should vary depending on whom you're showing the trick to. What a magician thinks is great a normal person might think of as rubbish.

Penn and Teller told a story about how they were watching some guy doing the Cups and Balls in Egypt. This guy managed to fool Penn and Teller so badly. How? By doing nothing. What he did was show that under each cup there was one ball. In showing the cups, his sleight of hand looked like he was in fact secretly putting all three balls under the same cup. He then lifted the cups and showed that in fact there was still one ball under each cup. To a layperson there would have been no trick. For the magician who was so convinved he knew where the balls really were, the trick was that the balls magicially jumped back to where they should have been.

Food for thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:52 pm 
born to perform.

well...for the people i fooled..they though it was the s**t ....now they all respect me..and i showed them BOB with card toon1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next