View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:16 am 
born to perform.

varjak_paw wrote:
RJK wrote:
I was wondering how he does that lightbulb thing. Can someone tell me how he does it? I really want to know.

that would be asking for exposure, which is against forum rules......

From reading this thread, it sais that his effect is called the blackstones floating bulb. Where can you get this effect?

Google is your friend my friend ? http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk/aca ... ricks.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:21 pm 
Penguin

You can't do what you saw him do on television. You need at least one assistant off camera. The type of thread used doesn't matter as it wouldn't show up on television anyway.

Blackstones Jr. and Sr. did the Floating Lightbulb in a dimly lit theatre. I was lucky enough to see it performed a few times. One of the greatest live magic effects I've ever seen, and I know exactly how it's done.

Don't confuse what you see on television with the performance of a real magic trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

so let me guess the trick was camera edited, when we all know how the trick is done, ive seen it done on tv before, i couldnt see any thread, just like on criss's show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:19 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
so let me guess the trick was camera edited, when we all know how the trick is done, ive seen it done on tv before, I couldnt see any thread, just like on criss's show.

There are several edits within the performance, yes, but none needed to accomplish the floating effect. Just, at least, one assistant off-camera to do the 'dirty work'. And, as I said, the thread wouldn't be visible on television.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

im sorry i apologize i read that wrong i thought you said it would be visible. guess thats what i get for doing this while at work lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

I seriously doubt its a tv trick, it seems for real. If no one knows of IT strong enough to hold up a light bulb then maybe we should start thinking different. Maybe the light bulb is plastic not glass, that would probably make it lighter. Just an idea, but thats what im thinking. The light bulb must be a lot lighter than the gimmick you guys are trying to use, or he found a way to lighten it. Maybe there is some kind of IT we don't know of though. Remember the trick he did where he floated a frisby up to himself? That would take some seriously strong IT, actually more like IW. I get the feeling they were done in similar ways...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

The hankey version mentioned earlier is this one i think.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... p?ID=10065