View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Electric Touch - A Review by VLaraway
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Name Of Item: Electric Touch

Price: $140 - $200 (Depending on where you buy it from)

Demo Video: Click Here

My Story: I got mine, and I tried the temporary setup as described in the DVD, and mine broke...
BUT, I sent it back to Hocus Pocus (where I got mine from), and they sent me a brand new one...

The DVD: The DVD covers basically all you have to know about ET... It goes over how to use it, and a few effects aswell... On the DVD, Yigal shows you the 2 possible setups... The first setup is the Temporary Setup... This is exactly what it sounds like; temporary... It can be easily adapted to any shoe, and you do not have to do anything to your shoe to accomplish this... The other setup is the Professional Setup... This setup is more of a perminate setup... However, to make this setup possible, you need to either bring your shoes to a shoe maker/store, or try to do this on your own, at home...

The Secret Forum: Most people don't know this, but there is a secret ET forum on the internet... Only a select few (about 100 members) know of this forum... You do not, I repeat, DO NOT get access to the forum for just buying ET... One other thing that is so great about this forum is that there is an EXCELLENT setup that one of the users came up with (which I am using with my new ET) and it works beautifly! The name of the setup is called Phillipe's Electric Touch Setup, or simply P.E.T.S. All you have to do is PM him your address so that he can (free of charge) send you the neccesary items for you to complete this setup... I worship him for coming up with this setup! **Due to the fact that I am no longer active on here, please dont PM me asking for the link. Sorry.**

*The Temporary Setup*
Pro's
+Can be applied to multiple pairs of shoes
+Setup is simple
+No hard work
+No altering your shoes
+You can do it right out of the box

Con's
-Very susceptible to breaking (This is how I broke mine)
-You have to be careful while walking
-Sometimes it comes undone
-MAY be noticed (But not very likely)

*The Professional Setup*
Pro's
+Setup is simple once it's in place
+The device can be inserted, or removed whenever you'd like

Con's
-Slightly susceptible to breaking
-There is a clicking sound while walking
-You have to alter your shoes (Either yourself, or a shoemaker)
-You can not do it right out of the box
-Can only be done with one pair of shoes (Unless you buy the accessory kit)
-MAY be noticed (But not likely)

*Phillipe's Electric Touch Setup (P.E.T.S.)*
Pro's
+Can be applied to multiple pairs of shoes
+You can do the necessary modifications by yourself in under 5 minutes
+Setup is quick, and easy
+Can even be used if your devices' copper part snapped
+Is 100% unnoticeable
+Enables you to easily detect whether or not your ET is activated
+Is nearly impossible to break, due to the fact that all necessary items are flexible
+It is the absolute best setup for the ET

Con's
-When not setup, water MAY get into your shoe
-Sometimes is uncomfortable, but is easily fixable
-You do have to alter your shoes, but it is nothing to be concerned with

Effects Using Electric Touch:
~Make confetti/tobacco dance (This can be done on a table, or even on the spectators hands)
~Give an electric shock to a participant through and part of your body (This works great in a mentalism act to "transfer the thought from the spectators mind to your own")
~Bend water (This is one effect that will stump the biggest skeptics)
~Light a flourescent light (This is one that will make your audience thing you really possess powers)
~Make cards or any type of paper stick to a verticle wall, or surface (Then, when you allow the spectators to try, they don't succeed)
~Charge keys, coins, spoons, and other objects (This is great for a simple practicle joke, or to just add some finesse to a routine)
~Place your hand on a tree, and when the spectator touches it, they feel the energy rush through their arm, and all over their body (This works great with the patter that the tree is living, so you can feel the "life" of it)

The Device:
Pro's
+Perform miracles at a moments notice
+Wear it all day, at a party or show, and use it at any time
+You can control the shock with an Off, Low, and High switch
+It is smaller than a deck of cards
+Professionally constructed
+Has a fantastic switch that works 100% under your command, and is totally undetectable
+You do not need a jacket, sleeves, or any type of jewlery
+Take your magic to a whole new level

Con's
-You can only use this in certain areas (Concrete, tile floors, grass, etc.)
-You can not do it in shorts
-You may find it hard to locate the switch while performing, but you'll eventually find it
-Your friends and family will refuse to ever touch you again

Added Information: Here are just a few thing I'd like to add that many people have asked about ET... When you shock someone, you recieve 50% of the shock, and the volunteer recieves the other 50%... No, you can not light flash paper with ET... If you place a drop of water or ink on a table, you can not make the drop move around (I tried)... You can even hear the shock, and also see the shock with the lights out... No, you can not do this barefoot...

Final Thoughts: Electric Touch is an absolutley astonishing device! It will add so much to your performances! It was WELL worth both the price, and the 5 month wait! I highly recomend this to any serious magician looking to add a spark (no pun intended) of excitement to your magic!

Final Score: 10/10

Thank You,
-Vinnie

Last edited by VLaraway on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Comments are more than welcome... ;-)

-Vinnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

i really liked the review, i might have to buy this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:54 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
Nice review, Vinnie. Thanks!

-Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:12 pm 
born to perform.

Could you address the concerns people have about actually hurting people, heart attack risks, chance of getting sued, that sort of safety stuff? That's for me the number one reason I'm not going near this thing. Then there's cost...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Manic_B wrote:
Could you address the concerns people have about actually hurting people, heart attack risks, chance of getting sued, that sort of safety stuff? That's for me the number one reason I'm not going near this thing. Then there's cost...

I didn't know for sure, so I didn't want to add it... But if you ask me, there is no harm to yourself, or anyone else... The only thing I am a little skittish about is people with pacemakers...

-Vinnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Manic_B wrote:

that has been talked about before on many sites and forums. just dont do it to people with an artificial heart. and just use common sense. if your worried use the lower shock setting when using on people.

Post subject: ELECTRIC TOUCH REVIEW-THE GIFT OF POWER
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:55 pm 
Penguin

I HAVE BEEN USING ET FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. MY FRIENDS THINK IAM JESUS OR SOME KIND OF ANGEL. THEY ARE MY TRUE FRIENDS. BUT MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN LOST, IN A DARK WORLD WITH NO ONE TO BRING THEM TO THE LIGHT. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT ONLY A MAGIC TRICK BUT SOMETHING MUCH GREATER. BEFORE MY EYE'S I SEE MY FRIENDS CHANGE. WHERE THERE WAS NO HOPE, NOW BECAME A NEW CHANCE. TO HAVE FAITH IN A STORY OF GOD IS ONE THING. BUT TO CREATE A MIRACLE IN FRONT OF THERE EYE'S IS ANOTHER. I HAVE TAKEN ET AND IT'S MIRACLES AND BROUGHT HOPE INTO THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE I LOVE. BECOME SOMEONE SPECIAL AND BRING FAITH TO YOUR WORLD. IF YOU USE IT RIGHT, YOU WILL BE BLESSED WITH THESE POWERS BY THE ENERGY WHICH CREATED US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:48 am 
born to perform.

Is it hard to permanately alter the shoes for the permanent setup. Once they are setup, is it possible to move undo it if you needed a new pair of shoes are are you stuck with it on that one pair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:48 am 
born to perform.

Is it hard to permanately alter the shoes for the permanent setup. Once they are setup, is it possible to move undo it if you needed a new pair of shoes are are you stuck with it on that one pair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:03 am 
born to perform.

How are you supposed to know if someone has a pacemaker?

Anyway, a few kids die every now and again from putting a battery on their tongue and getting seriously unlucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:54 pm 
born to perform.

Good review, I would agree with everything you said except the 10/10. I would only give it a 7/10 because of the permanent setup being hard to make, the switch being hard to find while performing sometimes, and the fact that in some places it just doesn't want to work. And people I've said this b4, et is SAFE. Trust me, if it wasn't I wouldn't b talkin 2u cause when I got it and used it on one of my friends we decided to do the dumb thing and go out in a thunderstorm and let me shock him. I don't think it gets much more dangerous than that ok? Standing under thunder and lightning while standing over water on the ground with rain in the air makes et just a little more powerful, well, really a edited of a lot more powerful. Everyone around us heard the shock loud and clear over the rain. We both felt the shock go through our hands so its not dangerous. If you're not being stupid like we were and doing something [edited] with it (for example shocking someone outside in a thunderstorm) then its no different than an ordinary static electricity shock. Think about whenever you've been shocked by someone or something because of static electricity and you know what the shock is like that et gives at high. Low is weak enough to where you barely feel the shock sometimes, and it certainly isn't anywhere close to painful. ET isn't dangerous people, and I seriously doubt its dangerous to anyone with a pacemaker because the electricity will only go over your body, not through it. (Unless of course you make it superpowerful by using it during a thunderstorm, which I really do not advise doing)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:54 am 
born to perform.

Well - I got mine Friday afternoon. After careful examination –I have to agree with everything VLaraway has to say about this effect. Except maybe 10 out of 10.

I immediately saw the limitations of this effect, but I am going to work my way around that, because I think the impact of the trick will get tremendous results.

When I first tried out the effect, I discovered it did not work. I remember reading another post and so the first thing I did was drive down to the electricians and buy new batteries. That was the problem. I think the manufacturers, if they are going to be nice enough about supplying batteries, should not put them in the unit, they just drain while they are in the warehouse. And these batteries are not cheap. (They won’t break the bank – but it is an extra cost).

The temporary set-up is nice to try out the unit, but it is totally impractical for a professional performance. I did the temporary set-up just to try out the effect, but within 30 minutes of getting the batteries, I went right back to town to speak with the shoemaker. I have a pair of shoes I only wear for magic shows, so I have committed those to this effect. The shoemaker stressed that the gimmicked shoes will not be suitable for everyday use because of the alterations. I also don’t like the fact that the shoes will “talk” when walking on a hard surface. I have to figure something out so I don’t sound like a tap-dancer while performing. (Where can I get replacement gimmicks for the temporary set-up? I showed the electrician and he had no idea).

I also have a problem with switching the effect on. The way you need to stand is awkward and unnatural for me. I need to practice for a bit and see how I can work around this. (Probably just practice is all I need).

I will have my shoes ready in under a week. I do not plan on performing this trick anytime soon for an audience until I am comfortable with wearing it and using it in a natural manner.

I do foresee some brilliant reactions when I work it into my mentalism routine. I am sure people will again swear that I have supernatural powers, not unlike when I introduced Liquid Metal or Ultra Smoke 2000 into my routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:11 pm 
Penguin

You will enjoy the power of this utility device immensely Wildheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:59 pm 
Penguin

can they touch you anywhere and shock them or only the hand?