View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:43 pm 
Penguin

Last week when I tested the new black deck (it is terrible!) I performed a few color changes for a group of girls...I did the erdnase (I rub over the deck and it changed) and a girl said to me. Hey, look at the cards, I know the principle! When you got your hand over the card, the color changed because of the heat of your hand. The Cards are heat sensitive she said!

I found that quite funny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:03 pm 
born to perform.

I was fanning my new ghost deck and my step mom said that there was a string in them because it was too eprfect, she was dead serious she had a smirk on her face saying "fine then shuffle them"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:07 am 
born to perform.

best explanations are from kids, eg. profs nightmare "the ropes stretch!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:13 pm 
born to perform.

alf_gotcat wrote:
I was fanning my new ghost deck and my step mom said that there was a string in them because it was too eprfect, she was dead serious she had a smirk on her face saying "fine then shuffle them"

that's happened to me numerous times!

i was in school once and someone was playing poker in the back of the room during class (the teacher gave us time to "do homework" at the end of class...she's really stupid)
he said that he heard that i "knew magic" and told me to show him some stuff. to loosen up (and show off, of course :wink: ) i did a bunch of fans. he said that it was stringed through the middle. i just stopped and looked at him until he said, "oh yeah, those are my cards..." then i did a LDS to see what his explanation for that was and he said that i had a hair drier in my sleeve and it blew the card upwards....hahaha, WOW... :lol:

laymen can be so inventive sometimes... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:20 pm 
Penguin

I was doing Fearsons floating ciggarette and sombody said "Hey you have a giant magnet in your mouth!" "And a needle is stuck inside of the ciggarette!"

When I once did the tenkai vanish where the card goes up your nose and out of your mouth sombody said "You just had the card between your fingers and you bent your fist in and out!"

And The Dime and Penny Trick where the dime travels from hand to hand, A girl in my class said "You had another dime in your hand. You just put the penny on top of the dime in one hand then you closed you hands and the penny was still on top of the dime and you opened your other hand to reveal the duplicate dime!!!!" Of course I said "No thats not how its done" And she kept argueing with me. I hate her! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

Jacko_lanta13 wrote:
I was doing Fearsons floating ciggarette and sombody said "Hey you have a giant magnet in your mouth!" "And a needle is stuck inside of the ciggarette!"

When I once did the tenkai vanish where the card goes up your nose and out of your mouth sombody said "You just had the card between your fingers and you bent your fist in and out!"

And The Dime and Penny Trick where the dime travels from hand to hand, A girl in my class said "You had another dime in your hand. You just put the penny on top of the dime in one hand then you closed you hands and the penny was still on top of the dime and you opened your other hand to reveal the duplicate dime!!!!" Of course I said "No thats not how its done" And she kept argueing with me. I hate her! :evil:

Denying is usually a dead giveaway unless you are prepared to prove them wrong. You're better off if you never confirm or deny when someone says how they think it's done. When people try and tell me how I just did that trick, I usually just smile with amazement and say something like, "Wow! That's an interesting theory. Maybe I'll try it that way."....or something similar. It's easy to deny an incorrect theory. But there is a different attitude from people (magicians) when they try to deny a correct method for doing a trick. This is just like those people who, hypothetically, have a secret...and you or someone else keeps trying to guess what it is. They keep saying no, no, no (that's not it). But when you get it or get close, they change their reply to "I'm not going to tell you". It's a dead giveaway.

Here's what you have to remember when someone is claiming to know and telling you how they think you did the trick. Even if they are guessing correctly, they are only guessing. They don't know. Let them believe what they want to without any influence from you. You don't confirm, you don't deny and they'll never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:11 am 
Penguin

i was performing a top change at school and this one girl said that it went up my sleeve then she realised i was wearing a t shirt some people are so determined to ruin it for us

dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:45 pm 
Penguin

I was doing a levitation with a crumpled up dollar bill, and my mother-in-law said I must have really strong nostrils (seriously!). Like I'm snorting through three feet of air to suck the bill off my hand and hold still in mid-air. I love those crazed hypothesis, it means I did my job right ‘cause they have no clue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:35 pm 
Penguin

Some person had the audacity to think that my Invisible Deck was a trick deck!

So I pocketed it fairly rapidly after the trick took place, giving the spec a moment to soak in what had just happened, switched it out for an identical deck of real cards and gave them to him...

He spent 10 minutes going through every card, backwards and forwards, face and back, thinking that the cards were somehow different. He put them in groups and stuff, trying to figure it out, and I just smiled and sat there, relaxed as I could be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am 
born to perform.

the_peripheral wrote:

So I pocketed it fairly rapidly after the trick took place, giving the spec a moment to soak in what had just happened, switched it out for an identical deck of real cards and gave them to him...

He spent 10 minutes going through every card, backwards and forwards, face and back, thinking that the cards were somehow different. He put them in groups and stuff, trying to figure it out, and I just smiled and sat there, relaxed as I could be.

Shouldn't he have noticed that his card was no longer revesed in the deck after the switch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:02 pm 
Penguin

magicdude84 wrote:
the_peripheral wrote:

Shouldn't he have noticed that his card was no longer revesed in the deck after the switch?

That's the beauty of it. When I do that trick, I never immediately put the card back in the deck where it's suppose to go UNLESS I see a very good opportunity. I put the card right where I would normally put any other card, right where any spec would expect it to go. Then later, when I get a chance, I put it back.

The strange thing was, I didn't even realize it until later, but one of the boxes had a huge yellow advertisement thing on the front, and the other didn't. The guy spent so much time checking out the cards that he never even thought to examine the boxes at any point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:40 pm 
Penguin

when i was a beginner in magic, i made a coin levitate over a card and i rubbed my finger, like there is electricity, that makes the coin levitating.
the girl just said, i saw you rubbing your finger and you made it with electricity...and she walked away happy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:24 pm 
Penguin

LOL. One time I just did a simple coin vanish to a girl and she said " thats simple you just have a cell procceser inbeded in your hand and it disolved the coin, get a new trick" and she walked away all happy and proud of herself. After she left I said to myself what the edited is a cell procceser. :? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

i have several:

one thinks for two card monte i had some guy saying i had tv screen like cards

for brainwave they say i have a deck palmed and i have an order of it rmembered and i can secretly put the card in anywhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:35 pm 
Penguin

i was doing a dove pan routine and i had my pan sitting on the table with a table cloth over it and my bird cage underneth the kid said the bird flew up thew the table, then through the pan

i waas like...

:shock: its a dove not a hellicopter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next