View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:08 am 
Penguin

"Hecklers who bully little kid dun deserve to see magic" By lowgeorge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

Manic_B wrote:
kudda2 wrote:
just do a trick that will blow his mind and he can't find any explanation at all. For example, do the Invisible Deck.

Bad idea. Anything gimmicked is too much of a risk

I agree. ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF HECKLERS!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:51 pm 
Penguin

Any adult who feels that have to heckle or expose a 6 year old is a complete loser and I think most people recognize that. Therefore, saying anything to the heckler probably won't do any good. If I ever encounter that situation I would probably say something directly to the 6 year old and try to make the 6 year old the *hero* somehow. I might say something like, "you should feel very proud -not only did you do an amazing trick, you also distracted this *gentleman* from stealing candy from that baby in the stroller over there." Then again, I might just punch him in the nose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:24 pm 
Penguin

magicsquirrel wrote:
Any adult who feels that have to heckle or expose a 6 year old is a complete loser and I think most people recognize that. Therefore, saying anything to the heckler probably won't do any good. If I ever encounter that situation I would probably say something directly to the 6 year old and try to make the 6 year old the *hero* somehow. I might say something like, "you should feel very proud -not only did you do an amazing trick, you also distracted this *gentleman* from stealing candy from that baby in the stroller over there." Then again, I might just punch him in the nose.

thats good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:43 pm 
Penguin

You know I found it weird after doing Oz's version of two card monte hundreds of times to different people, that it's the women who are more likely to turn over the cards during the performance rather than the men, its pretty weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:12 pm 
born to perform.

i hate when people do that...like my brother helps me out in my shows..and his friend came over and i was showing him color monte and when i showed 3 reds then 3 blues he bent my cards and ripped them...i punched him.......in the face...not a good idea but..i got 2 do what i got 2 do....i think???

and i have a cousin whos 11 and when he wants to show people some magic im right there with him cuz hes been heckled once and so now im workin on some sleights with him....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:36 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys,
I got this tip from another magic dealer but , it said that "you should preform tricks with gimmicks for women. THey like to be tricked most of the time. Many men don't liked to be tricked. " Im not sure if that is actually true though. My best advice is to just get out of there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:48 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah that is absolutely true. As a general rule use gimmicks less with men, and use gimmicks a lot more with women. And NEVER use gimmicks with hecklers if possible. Women usually don't mind or like to be tricked, men sometimes don't mind, but sometimes do, and of course a heckler is out to get you and prove how much smarter he is than you. So I absolutely agree with that.

And I hate hecklers too, but don't feel so sorry for little kids cause once n awhile there is an exceptional one who turns out to be a heckler. Hard to believe yes, but since they're younger they think in simpler ways and often figure out tricks easier than adults, and of course they'll give it away. But then again you can't get too mad at little kids, im always amazed if I ever see one catch a trick, which I've only seen one time, but it happens. So they can be hecklers and people can be hecklers to them, its not like they're always harmless when it comes to tricks. A simple mind can solve a simple trick.