View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Flash Paper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:25 pm 
Penguin

I bought flash paper about a year ago and dont really know what to do with is that is good. Any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 pm 
Penguin

Something I just came up with, based off of Out to Lunch. Use the Out To Lunch principle, but make it affect an object in a certain way (any object, your choice - whatever you feel most comfortable with). If you don't know how to do this, PM me and I'll send you an explanation. Make it look like what happened to the card also happened to the object. Then, light either the card on fire (if you use flashpaper for the card), or swap it out with an identical-looking piece of flashpaper and light that on fire. All of a sudden, the object disappears (using your favorite vanish). Yeah, I just pulled that trick outta my [edited], but I'm sure you can do something with that. Good luck, and PM me if you need to know how to do Out to Lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:11 am 
born to perform.

Flash paper is good for vanishe's because it is "out of sight".

-sahne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:09 am 
Penguin

i like in a flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:35 am 

Light the paper, throw the paper. That's what I do with it. It's an attention getter or a way to produce coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:46 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
Light the paper, throw the paper. That's what I do with it. It's an attention getter or a way to produce coins.

May I ask how you produce coins with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:15 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
Wow......flash paper is an amazing prop! Vanishes, special effects, productions, or just to look dang cool throwing fire. I like having a small piece when someone is smoking.....I light it off the ember and throw it away from them......"See, smoking is hazardous to your health!"

or throw it after producing lit candles.

Just do yourself a favor....NEVER throw it at anyone, ever. Even as a joke. I learned that the hard way. I used to freak people out by throwing it at thier heads, knowing it would burn away before reaching them (this was many, many years ago BTW) but the one time....disaster. I'm lucky I didn't get sued. It lit my friends eyebrows......

There's a reason why kids don't need to use this product. If you're under 18, I strongly reccomend that you don't use it.

Other than that.....fire...heh hehh...mmhehe FIRE...cool...hehhehheh :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:23 pm 
born to perform.

Well, I'm 17 and all I use it for is my appearing candles routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:51 pm 
Penguin

i youse flash paper to do in a flash,som rutines of jay sankey and walet prductions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm 
Penguin

flash paper and similar products seem to me a supplement, much like a flourish, they really can take magic to a whole new level. for example, reveal a spectator's card, then, it disapears, in a burst of flame, always build it up though, thats the key, make them never guess what is about to happen. something like, "so this is your card, I didn't make you choose it, everyone saw. There's something funny about your card, if it stays away from the deck long enough (burst of flame card vanishes) it disappears"
Something like that is sooo much better than just, "and your card is (boom!) oh! Where did it go?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

you can use it for misdirection,appearing things,vanishing things,just for attention,and just for fun use your imagination there are so many things you can do with flashpaper :D