View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angel Crazy or Crap?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:59 pm 
born to perform.

ok if for no other reason plese read this because i feel strongly about it, yes....this is another criss real or camra angels essay but diffrent in a way

Does criss angel use camra angles personlay i say no personly i think criss has revolutionized magic for the better so you cant find out how criss does his tricks?so he does basicly maricles? that does not mean hes fake maby hes found a way to do the inpossible! maby he can levitate with no angle problems maby he can walk on water! just be cause he can do these things doesnt mean its not without a method, put it this way your 9 years old again you see david blaine on tv doing somthin amazing you say wow i wish i could do that you be come a magican you dont say OMG THAT STUPID "F"ing DUDE HE USES CAMRA TRICKS AND STOOGES you say wow i wonder how that works

so tell me what u think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:36 pm 
born to perform.

Have Criss finally found a way to fly? I personally say probably not. But hey, nothing's impossible, so I'll give it a benefit of a doubt. But my thing is, if he can really float between buildings, why doesn't he do it in his live show? Why don't he hpnotize people like he did on TV, in his live show? Also, he has already proven to use paid actors, so he is definitely not a miracle worker. People have seen flashes of wires for his levitations. I strongly, strongly, strongly believe he use camera tricks, and I'm sure he uses paid actors, I know it, and I'm sure many will agree.

One more thing, I dont want to offend anyone, but I dont think the original post should be in the essay section. It wasn't exactly well thought out or written, the grammar wasn't that good. I just think it should have been in the Blaine/Angel section, that's what it's there for. No offense seriously. You had an idea, an opinion, but it wasn't really an essay.

Anyways, that's my opinion, and no offense seriously to the author.

-Tony

Post subject: thnjx
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

thnx tony i apricate the fact you stated your opion but yah i hav bad grammer and stuff sry but yah i did post this in the wrong section but u said ur self people saw wires in his levs like i said he may have not found a supernatural way to fly but he found a gimicked method...the raven is a gimick and ppl use that:) thnx for responding

Post subject: Re: thnjx
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:47 pm 
born to perform.

tkies wrote:
thnx tony I apricate the fact you stated your opion but yah I hav bad grammer and stuff sry but yah I did post this in the wrong section but u said ur self people saw wires in his levs like I said he may have not found a supernatural way to fly but he found a gimicked method...the raven is a gimick and ppl use that:) thnx for responding

But when he use wires, that means he edited the effect. He used wires, then went back and erased them with computers, just didn't do a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

--EDIT--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:37 pm 
born to perform.

yah if he erased them with computers he is gulity but he doesnt erase EVRYING people dont understnad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah I know he doesn't use camera tricks all the time. I'd say about 40-45% of the time. Paid Actors, about 50-60% of the time, is that acceptable? no!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 pm 
Penguin

on the one where he transported the people down the hall....stooge...the one where he cut himself in half....paid actors....he cut another person in have...actor....

he does use stooges but not very often....you cant get magician of the year for 3 years in a row for doing nothing but camera trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
I just want to say my part in this issue:

Notice that nobody is posting posts about David Blaine uses stooges and gimmicks? What about David Copperfield? Lance Burton? Jay Sankey? Nope. Why could that be? Although all of these magicians use gimmicks and stooges, Criss Angel is the only one that seems to have an ongoing debate about him. Why?
It all lies in the presentation. It looks like he doesn't eally care about the magic, and is just doing it for the publicity. There's hardly any suspense, no mystery, he just thinks magic is just making miracles, which isn't true. It's about entertaining the audience. If he's just boring all the time, the presentation gets boring, and people will want to know how it's done. Which then leads to the theory of him using stooges.
Now, if you like Criss, then that's fine with me. But I don't think he's that great of a magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
born to perform.

davidcon wrote:
What about David Copperfield? Lance Burton? Jay Sankey? Nope. Why could that be? Although all of these magicians use gimmicks and stooges...

Jay Sankey? Stooges? Can you give me a video resource?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:20 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
TimurY wrote:
davidcon wrote:
What about David Copperfield? Lance Burton? Jay Sankey? Nope. Why could that be? Although all of these magicians use gimmicks and stooges...

Jay Sankey? Stooges? Can you give me a video resource?

Well, maybe not Jay Sankey, but you know what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:29 am 
born to perform.

There were a lot of angry posts about David Blaine using very generous camera editing, such as in his levitation. However he doesn't seem to be performing to actors as though they are strangers- if he is then he's fooled many of us. There is no objection to magicians using gimmicks, that is expected. But wires between rooftops that nobody seems to notice? He has pushed it too far, claiming to be a live performer using pure skill when in fact he is using movie effects. That's just dishonest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:16 am 
Penguin

so basically if he isnt using the methods for levitating that are out on the market, its a camera trick? Copperfield flys around stage with wires (i dont believe this is exposure) that are just so fine he can fly a spectator from the audiance around with him, without camera tricks...im pretty sure that what he uses too, considering Criss uses stage pieces and uses them on the street, think about that, he doesnt have to erase blue wires from his filmings, there are other ways and he hasnt won magician of the year award 3 times (more than anybody) for editing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:12 am 
born to perform.

Just because he has won awards for one act doesn't mean that subsequent acts are equally worthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:49 am 
born to perform.

heres my idea on all of this!!!!criss angle is good.....but uses camera tricks and stooges...its obvious....some of his tricks are like...i can do that...give me a camera..he over emphasis (sp) his effects and has some people act surprised or be like unsuspecting people on the street....blaine on the other hand (form what i know of) has only used camera tricks on his levitation....and the other magicians dont get that much debates about stooges and such is because.....well.....their show isnt on once a week is it???