View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:07 pm 
born to perform.

Hes awesome. he also speaks Japenglish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:36 am 
Penguin

nwo1 wrote:
Quote:
OMG... ARE YOU SERIOUS... Criss Angel does not come up with most of his stuff

I didn't say he did.

Quote:
Cyril DOES create almost all of his effects

How about some examples?

Quote:
And nwo1, I am sure you don't have a character yourself

How would you know do you spy on me or something you freak.

Quote:
and if you do then you’re most probably concentrating on your character rather than your audiences

Yeah, cause everybody trys to have a character and not worry about their audience. :roll:

Quote:
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY that you can sit there and say this

A lot of people say things that me angry too, but there is no reason to get all uppity about it. It's just what I think about him.

Quote:
WHO CARES... if the linking life savers trick is easy...

I don't care, I just think that it's a ridiculous trick to show on T.V..

Quote:
Maybe you should try get me some footage of you getting those types of reactions using the

I think anyone with that trick could get good reactions like that.

Quote:
Common you say??

Yep, that's what I said.

Quote:
start looking at how YOU can model yourself in a way that your effect are not so technique and patter orientated

Cause having a technique and patter are such horrible things, my mistake.

Quote:
STEP OUT OF YOUR CHARACTER and perform magic for the spectators

Ummmm...because I wasn't showing people magic before???...darn, jokes on me I guess.

Quote:
This type of comment is so common from people on this board and I wish that it could stop

Really, I haven't really seen to many posts about Cryil before.

Quote:
will see your magic flourish and bloom as is with Cyril’s magic.

Thanks, but no thanks.

p.s. Calm down before you have a heart-attack. If I don't like Cyril it's not the end of the world.
[/quote]

nw01 are you serious , your posts are aggressive and to long, its a discussion forum dont get all defensive if someone disagrees with you . chris angel from what ive seen isnt all that. cyril takayama has done some pretty impressive stuff check out youtube for more vids of him, look for the bird to egg to fruit and then reversed pretty darn good if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:25 am 
Penguin

ok too long I'll make it short

Criss Angel ---> GET
David Blaine ---> He's good and I started because of him
Cyril Takayma ---> He's the best I've ever seen, I love his performence, The magic doesn't end simple, his finishing touch IS **** MINDBLOWING!!!!

Somewhere behind my head I wish he could tell his secret but otherwise, he doesn't have to, CAUSE THAT MAKES A MAGICIAN GOOD!

He is so great cause we don't know how he does it. I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY ... I still can't believe what kind of magis his into.

Don't think I'm a beginner, I'm 21 years old, I'm doing magic for a few years and I know what I'm saying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:40 am 
Penguin

DMmagician wrote:
ok too long I'll make it short

Criss Angel ---> GET
David Blaine ---> He's good and I started because of him
Cyril Takayma ---> He's the best I've ever seen, I love his performence, The magic doesn't end simple, his finishing touch IS **** MINDBLOWING!!!!

Somewhere behind my head I wish he could tell his secret but otherwise, he doesn't have to, CAUSE THAT MAKES A MAGICIAN GOOD!

He is so great cause we don't know how he does it. I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY ... I still can't believe what kind of magis his into.

Don't think I'm a beginner, I'm 21 years old, I'm doing magic for a few years and I know what I'm saying

i agree , im not sure what it is that makes him more entertaining to me than the rest , i cant even understand what hes saying , mmm cant put my finger on it , its the same as brad christian i dont know what it is i dont like about him , cant put my finger on that either..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:05 pm 
Penguin

Cyril is just taking it ... His the NEW ERA OF MAGIC!!!

he's showing us magic that no one else does or did. That's insane. His performence on the ACR, he inspired me how to do other stuff and how to perform. I know a lot of magic, but in magic, you need style, class, you need to be a gentleman, smooth, relaxed ---> this guy has everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:09 am 
Penguin

Cyril is Great ~~ I really like his show !!!
For magician I think two thing is important Skill and how to connect with ppls.
Cyril show great skill in his show also his creative mind.
For example: I saw his new Ambitious card routine - with mixing some impossible new idea in it... it so cool and that also give me some direction not only following the book or DVD also create or input some of your own idea.

David Blaine and Criss Angel's show, honestly I like to watch it. Because it is magic ... I love to watch any magician's show because I can learn from those ppls. But I can't see there have any connection between them and their audiance. The way the play magic kinda give ppls think they got some kind of super force. But seeing Cyril play is kinda relax, funny more enjoy even those I don't understand Japanese...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:50 pm 
Penguin

Im a big fan of cyril :|... of course magicians do have camera edits and such, but at least cyrils tricks are usually consistsent. hes VERY creative.... and plus I can understand jap so it helps :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:33 pm 
Penguin

I am quite new to magic so I'm still in that transition stage between laymen and magician, and what I can say from a laymen's point of view is that Cyril has a certain charm that goes with his performance that Angel and Blaine don't have.
Blaine is a very talented magician, and his attitude goes well with his style - he looks as though he really believes he's doing the magic he's performing, and that helps the spectators believe aswell. But he sometimes takes his tricks too seriously, walking off in a staunch way without any acknowledgment - leaving the spectator with a type of "oooookay then! :? " feeling.
Angel is also very good, and I love how he expresses himself through his illusions (as weird as he may seem sometimes). But again, just as with Blaine, you get the feeling that if you piss him off he'll put a curse on you or something.
I don't think that's the lasting impression a spectator should have, it's not what magic is about...at least not to me.

Cyril is different in the sense that not only does he not have that "evil sorceror" aura about him, but his magic concerns things that have crossed every laymen's mind. (eg. many magicians & non-magicians alike must have walked past a fast food joint thinking "man, I wish I could pull that burger right out of the sign!", whereas not everyone thinks about producing a dove or 2 out of thin air.)
He does what most people's common sense disregards, and THAT'S what makes him stand out. Combined with his cool and his enchanting approach leaves the audience with a truly magical experience.
And who cares if he uses expensive gimmicks, at the end of the day it's the magician who creates the magic that everyone remembers - not the gimmick.

anyway, sorry about the long post, I just wanted to clearly explain why I think Cyril is a really good magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:14 am 
Penguin

Cyril is the best. There is no acting, no super power nonsense and he always show his hands clean. He also take some of the old tricks into the next level. Like his Card Through Window in a Submarine

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... ndow+trick

Also check out his new trick Lacoste into Crocodile trick. Compare to Chris Angel's Butterfly Trick, Cyril's trick is much harder to perform, consider the large size of Crocodile.

Lacoste Trick
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ItWfSev53pc& ... ed&search=

Butterfly Trick
http://youtube.com/watch?v=29QsV6iw8ek& ... 0butterfly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:46 pm 
born to perform.

Cyril is great, he's one of my favorite magicians. Angel can never beat him, all Angel can do is hire stooges and do camera tricks. Blaine can't top this guy either, but at least he isn't a stoogefreak, or a camerafreak.

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 am 
born to perform.

Leelong wrote:
I am quite new to magic so I'm still in that transition stage between laymen and magician, and what I can say from a laymen's point of view is that Cyril has a certain charm that goes with his performance that Angel and Blaine don't have.
Blaine is a very talented magician, and his attitude goes well with his style - he looks as though he really believes he's doing the magic he's performing, and that helps the spectators believe aswell. But he sometimes takes his tricks too seriously, walking off in a staunch way without any acknowledgment - leaving the spectator with a type of "oooookay then! :? " feeling.
Angel is also very good, and I love how he expresses himself through his illusions (as weird as he may seem sometimes). But again, just as with Blaine, you get the feeling that if you piss him off he'll put a curse on you or something.
I don't think that's the lasting impression a spectator should have, it's not what magic is about...at least not to me.

Cyril is different in the sense that not only does he not have that "evil sorceror" aura about him, but his magic concerns things that have crossed every laymen's mind. (eg. many magicians & non-magicians alike must have walked past a fast food joint thinking "man, I wish I could pull that burger right out of the sign!", whereas not everyone thinks about producing a dove or 2 out of thin air.)
He does what most people's common sense disregards, and THAT'S what makes him stand out. Combined with his cool and his enchanting approach leaves the audience with a truly magical experience.
And who cares if he uses expensive gimmicks, at the end of the day it's the magician who creates the magic that everyone remembers - not the gimmick.

anyway, sorry about the long post, I just wanted to clearly explain why I think Cyril is a really good magician.

That's a wonderful post, and I agree with you. But did you have to revive a 4 month old thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:55 pm 
Penguin

back on topic.. does anybody know how he did any of these?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:37 am 
Penguin

I love Cyril. He does a lot of basic tricks,but he does them extremely well. He is point in case that if you can preform well for a croud with basic tricks you can get as good of reactions as from stage tricks. He knows how to work an audience and basically is a very good preformer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:07 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I don't know about Blaine cause im not a real fan of him, but Criss Angel is way above this guy.

If you are going to compare the 2 magician check out the Bird and Fruit tricks they performed. They both perform the similar tricks. CA perform his trick with huge sleeves open while Cyril perform his trick without sleeves. CA was too eager to perform his trick. The trick was done too quickly and lost most of the effect. While Cyril was calm and confidence. He perform his trick nice and slow and it was much more effective. I think Chris Angel is good illusionist but his slight of hand is not as good as Cyril.
Check out Cyril in this video clip. It really show his magic skill without using gimmick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0G9yENO ... h=cyril%20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:57 am 
Penguin

I agree with sushix. cyrils sleights are amazing. ALOT of his tricks are simple, yet the way he performs them completely blows people away. and just the way he acts around his audience is pleasant, hes not wierd, he doesnt have a"ignorent" act ( can I just try something, can I do this? can I try? ) he acts confident and classy. he knows what hes going to do and he knows itll be done right. He also doesnt pull the david blaine thing ( no offence to blaine and his fans ) but cyril doesnt do the whole " look here, watch watch closely look here, pay attention " he doesnt need to say these things because he allready has people undivided attention at all times. hes truely an amazing performer, and its a shame hes not here in CA or the US performing. I miss that show ( THEM )