View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moderators
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:30 am 

Guys, I like that everyone seems to want to help us do our jobs, but it's getting annoying. There are a lot of people on here that are basically giving mods orders. "Lock this" and "Mods should ban this guy" are fine by me, but don't make that your entire post. We know what goes on here and we do get to it. If you see something that is completely offbase from the forums, PM us to let us know, because occasionally we don't see it, but there's no need to make repetitive posts that just say "This is exposure, go away." Some people don't read the rules. I know I have a major problem with it, but they don't. Just alert us. Don't make people feel bad, because then they don't come back. Also, everyone should abide by the rules, period. Because of that, there really should be no need for more than a couple of mods to do their job. We have that here, so everyone follow the rules and make our lives easier. If you do that, then we don't have so many pseudo-mods running around. I've seen people's entire post count come from trying to do our jobs. I understand, because I use to do it too. I haven't always been a mod. In fact, I was an Emperor long before I was a mod and I tried the pseudo-mod thing until I realized it wasn't my place to enforce the rules, just to try to help others follow them. Another thing, stop with all the "Use the search button" posts. Once again, I use to do it too, but then it caused a big problem with spam. There's no need for it. For those that haven't seen how I tend to handle it, I use the search for them and then give them half a dozen topics on it. I know, it's not your place to do that and they should do it themselves, but they don't. Besides, "use the search" really isn't helpful because, occasionally, using the search doesn't return anything because many people don't know what search string to use and quite a few people mispell every other word in their posts and it doesn't come up. Just point them in the right direction. That's all I ask. That ends my rant. Thanks for reading. Everyone's favorite moderator, Exodus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 am 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
X,
I agree with what you said. But people instant instinct tells them to announce it to everyone...

I think it will change after people read what you just typed. It makes perfect sense.

Best,
-magicman135

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:27 am 
born to perform.

Oh come one there is already a topic about this X ! Use the search buton. This should be locked. J/k

I actually agree with you. Better than saying "use the seaarch buton" you could just give the man a link on the topic he wants or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:29 am 
born to perform.

**clap*clap*clap**

Well said Exodus. I hate the "use the search button" posts :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:38 am 
born to perform.

whats funny is that the people who have replied above have done that exact thing, if you look at mods posts you find people just aggree with them without any thought.

Post subject: Re: Moderators
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:45 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
exodus wrote:
Guys, I like that everyone seems to want to help us do our jobs, but it's getting annoying. There are a lot of people on here that are basically giving mods orders. "Lock this" and "Mods should ban this guy" are fine by me, but don't make that your entire post. We know what goes on here and we do get to it. If you see something that is completely offbase from the forums, PM us to let us know, because occasionally we don't see it, but there's no need to make repetitive posts that just say "This is exposure, go away." Some people don't read the rules. I know I have a major problem with it, but they don't. Just alert us. Don't make people feel bad, because then they don't come back. Also, everyone should abide by the rules, period. Because of that, there really should be no need for more than a couple of mods to do their job. We have that here, so everyone follow the rules and make our lives easier. If you do that, then we don't have so many pseudo-mods running around. I've seen people's entire post count come from trying to do our jobs. I understand, because I use to do it too. I haven't always been a mod. In fact, I was an Emperor long before I was a mod and I tried the pseudo-mod thing until I realized it wasn't my place to enforce the rules, just to try to help others follow them. Another thing, stop with all the "Use the search button" posts. Once again, I use to do it too, but then it caused a big problem with spam. There's no need for it. For those that haven't seen how I tend to handle it, I use the search for them and then give them half a dozen topics on it. I know, it's not your place to do that and they should do it themselves, but they don't. Besides, "use the search" really isn't helpful because, occasionally, using the search doesn't return anything because many people don't know what search string to use and quite a few people mispell every other word in their posts and it doesn't come up. Just point them in the right direction. That's all I ask. That ends my rant. Thanks for reading. Everyone's favorite moderator, Exodus.

you forgot to mention people who quote for no reason.
That should stop too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:50 am 

Yes, that should end too, because it's really annoying. As far as not really being helpful and just saying "I agree" goes, I don't like those posts. I'd prefer "I agree, because..." only because then it becomes helpful. I'm also sick and tired of posts that only say "Sorry, I can't help you. I don't own it." If you can't help at all, don't post AT ALL. Just more of the rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:59 am 
born to perform.

I agree and i will watch my post adn try to ensure that i leave your jobs to you and my jobs to me. So i am sorry if i have done any of these post but i will be more careful of what i post. Nice job Exodus!

luois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:05 am 
born to perform.

im prolly gana get attacked here but dont you think we should stop the bashing and the "your grammer sucks" posts? i mean bashing is just dumb at telling someone there grammer sucks isnt gana make them fix it

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:08 am 
born to perform.

Totally agree. Many will put "I don't know" simply to get their post count up. For some crazy reason they think a higher post count raises their rank here.
I never knew that I had a thousand posts till somebody posted a congrats on my 1000th post, Oh thanks now I need to get a life. But it helped their post count by one.
You Mods are doing great, thanks.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:14 am 
born to perform.

tkies wrote:
im prolly gana get attacked here but dont you think we should stop the bashing and the "your grammer sucks" posts? I mean bashing is just dumb at telling someone there grammer sucks isnt gana make them fix it

Tkies,
Not only is your grammar bad but your spelling is horrible. Unless you have no self pride then it shouldn't matter. People take others a little more serious if they talk like they have some common sense. First impressions are huge and my first impression of you is: I can't take him serious.
I.E. prolly (probably): gana (Gonna) even better (Going to). Talking like this will put you at the bottom of the food chain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:29 am 
born to perform.

well personaly i dont think thats right, i dont judge people on how they spell, and my grammer deffianly doesnt describe me as my brother would say "i use big words in daily life" i read alot of books and do not talk stupid i just dont like typing much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:54 am 
born to perform.

tkies wrote:
well personaly I dont think thats right, I dont judge people on how they spell, and my grammer deffianly doesnt describe me as my brother would say "I use big words in daily life" I read alot of books and do not talk stupid I just dont like typing much

Well we can't hear you talk and use those big words so we have to go by what you type. There is a thing called spell check I highly recommend that you use it EVERY time you 'type' or just stop typing, since you don't like to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 am 
born to perform.

hey im sceneing hostliy here so lets be cool dude dont get mad and how do u do a spell check?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:59 am 
born to perform.

^^^ Re read your post and if you don't know how to spell a word then put the "(sp?)" right behind it. and if you find a word mispelled then correct it.

luois