View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:01 am 
born to perform.

thanks louis so putting (sp?) will correct the spelling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:09 am 
born to perform.

No it won't correct it but if you have a big word and you don't know how to spell it then you put (sp?) behind it and people won't bash you for not knowing how to spell. But there is not spell check system but i always read through my post befro hitting sumbit so i can check any spelling errors.

So here is an example of when to put (sp?) in a sentence.

"The dog was intagonaizing (sp?) me to come closer."

^^^ In that sentence i put the (sp?) behind the word that i was unsure on how to spell it.
So when ever you are making a post just put the (sp?) in there and people will know you do not know how to spell that word and then they will not bash you, yet they might nicely correct you for your own knowledge. Hope this helps. Any more question just ask!

luois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:11 am 
born to perform.

thanks alot luois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:12 am 
born to perform.

No problem and any other questions in the future you cab PM me.

luois

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:16 am 
born to perform.

tkies wrote:
hey im sceneing hostliy here so lets be cool dude dont get mad and how do u do a spell check?

You shouldn't sense hostility because no one is being hostile to you. We are trying to steer you in the right direction. Quit using slang u for you and so forth.
You are probably twelve or thirteen years old so there is no reason for you to be talking/spelling this bad. This isn't the place for slang and atrocious spelling. If you want to be taken seriously you should make the effort to talk to people in a remotely mature way. Try at least.
Luois gave you a way to help, in your case you will need to put (sp) after every other word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:22 am 
born to perform.

yah sluggo no offence but people are alot more likely(i think thats spelled right) to listen to people like luios because look at the diffrence between your posts luois came across helpfull but you kind of sound like get out of here you cant spell you suck....thanks again luois

Last edited by tkies on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:48 am 
born to perform.

tkies wrote:
yah sluggo no offence but people are alot more likely(I think thats spelled right) to listen to people like luios because look at the diffrence between your posts luois came across helpfull but you kind of sound like get out of here you cant spell you suck....thanks again luois

Nowhere did I say that you sucked or get out of here. You need to make an effort to talk with people in a mature way. No one expects anyone to be a spelling champion but for Christ's sake don't make yourself look like a fool. Over the years we have put up with scores of lazy slang talking kids on here that rarely puts up any useful posts and talks like they are illiterate. It should be a matter of pride and respect for yourself and others, some have it and some don't.
Not all on here is a thirteen year old slang talker and we despise people coming on here and crapping up the boards.
It's obvious that you can't spell whether you suck or not is not relevent to this topic. If you feel like you should leave is up to you but it wouldn't break my heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:55 am 
born to perform.

yah your observent i was cool with your opion(sp?) but to call me lazy yah now im mad beacuse well simply im not i am a high honer roll student and do alot of work \\
settled

Last edited by tkies on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

sluggo wrote:
tkies wrote:
yah sluggo no offence but people are alot more likely(I think thats spelled right) to listen to people like luios because look at the diffrence between your posts luois came across helpfull but you kind of sound like get out of here you cant spell you suck....thanks again luois

Nowhere did I say that you sucked or get out of here. You need to make an effort to talk with people in a mature way. No one expects anyone to be a spelling champion but for Christ's sake don't make yourself look like a fool. Over the years we have put up with scores of lazy slang talking kids on here that rarely puts up any useful posts and talks like they are illiterate. It should be a matter of pride and respect for yourself and others, some have it and some don't.
Not all on here is a thirteen year old slang talker and we despise people coming on here and crapping up the boards.
It's obvious that you can't spell whether you suck or not is not relevent to this topic. If you feel like you should leave is up to you but it wouldn't break my heart.

wut sluggo u r takin nonsnence

Sluggo is completely right, tkies. If you want to be taken seriously, then learn how to use proper grammar and puncuation. I mean, missing the stroke of a key is ok, but there's a difference between the words "definitely," and "deafnitly". As Louis said, you can put (sp?) beside a word, but it's just better to use the English language instead of this internet slang stuff.

I wonder how these people are in school. I mean, for an essay would you write "mqark twaine wuz a riter he rote moby dock," or would you use proper grammar? If you can do it at school, then you can do it here. If you don't like typing, then why are you on the internet? Also, if you don't like typing, or just can't do it well enough, then take a typing class at your school.

Sluggo has helped many people, and I know for a fact that he is not making fun of you.

Also, if you're a high honor roll student, then show it, because when I read your posts I think I'm reading a second grader's work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 am 
born to perform.

well if you where honestly where trying to help i apologize and will try to take more time to spell better i belive my problem among others is we dont want to take the time to write in good grammer but i will try to i just think you came across wrong but i apoligize(sp?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:10 am 
Emperor Penguin

Go on AIM and add smarterchild on your buddy list. Everytime you think you spelled a word wrong IM him and say "Define (insert word here)". If you misspelled it, he will give you a list of words and choose the one you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:11 am 
born to perform.

ok thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:12 am 
born to perform.

afi wrote:
Go on AIM and add smarterchild on your buddy list. Everytime you think you spelled a word wrong IM him and say "Define (insert word here)". If you misspelled it, he will give you a list of words and choose the one you want.

Or on msn or anything. He is on almost any IM thing.

luois

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:29 am 
born to perform.

sluggo wrote:

talk 1n a matuer way? das impossible!!!!11!!!11! OMG

But in all seriousness, this is meant to be more of a "formal," if you will, message board so it would be much appreciated if you (and everyone) could put the effort into spelling correctly and using the correct grammar. I don't tend to go off my rocker about it unless its continuous (sp?) with that user.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:32 am 
born to perform.

I rember when i used to always talk in slang a lot and people would always correct me and i always got all mad lol. But now i use correct almost all the time execpt for some small grammar mistakes. But now i try to type like a 'mature' teenager would do, yet i still use slang on msn and stuff.

luois